War!

S

Sarum TheBlack

<dodges Belsameths projectile weapons>

I wasn't saying the soldiers were completely innocent, or that they are all even the same level of guilty.. just the guy at the top has to really take ultimate responsibility, and almost never gets killed by the war.

War is a uncertain, messy and very inaccurate way to dispense international justice.. it's just as well that 99% of the time, that's not what it's being used for I guess. The innocence or otherwise of the people dieing isn't usually high up the list of concerns for those running them. There's only an issue here in the west because of the media.

O

old.Tyraette

WAR

HUH

what is it good for, absolutely nothing :p

<sorry, some sad bastard had to do it...if i hadnt, someone else wouldve>

btw Teaspoon, I dont understand your point at all :D ;)

B

Belsameth

Re: Re: Re: War!

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
Gah, so many comments to make, not enough will.

I'll say this:

You are ordered to shoot a group of children. You refuse. You are shot. The soldier standing behind you who doesn't want to die does it.

Either way it happens

shhot me then, at least I won't be the one who shot the children...then again....I hate children :p

Sarum: since when was war about justice?
because we think it's for a good cause it's justice?
it's about power...nothing but a nations equivalent of an anger tantrum....(most of em, anyway)

O

old.TeaSpoon

Re: Re: Re: Re: War!

Originally posted by Belsameth
shhot me then, at least I won't be the one who shot the children...then again....I hate children :p

The point is there is bound to be somebody who is too scared to die, and would do it. I would rather die, or I'll shoot the commander, then die. And the like you said....maybe the children ;)

S

Sarum TheBlack

Re: Re: Re: Re: War!

Sarum: since when was war about justice?
because we think it's for a good cause it's justice?
it's about power...nothing but a nations equivalent of an anger tantrum....(most of em, anyway)

Isn't that what I said? In the west we like to pretend we're droping bombs on this weeks evil-do'er because he's evil. The fact is we ignore the vast majority of evil crackpots, and pick fights where we also have something else to gain besides the nice bump to our popularity ratings back home for righting some wrongs.

Not all the rest of the world uses international justice as an excuse.. but usually they do have an excuse. They're fighting for their God, or they're simply retaliating for crimes against them by the other side.. reclaiming their ancestoral lands, or whatever.

It all comes down to power (and sometimes wealth) for the leaders, tho they don't usually admit this.

O

old.Tohtori

We have Willy Freedomfries on one side and Terry Terrorist on the other.

Now Willy Freedomfries thinks the way Terry Terrorist eats his bread is wrong.

Terry Terrorist thinks that the way he eats his bread is how it was intented in the Holy Book of Culinary Arts.

A conversation follows:

Willy: I believe that the way you eat your bread is wrong.

Terry: It is the right way! So it is told in the Holy Book of Culinary Arts!

Willy: That isn't the book i read, it must be wrong.

Terry: Your book is new version, the old version is right.

Willy: Oh shush you! Go eat your bread like we do!

Terry: Silence infidel pig! I eat my bread the way i want to eat it and how our, over 3000 year old civilization has eaten it since they first invented sliced bread!

Willy: You will eat it like i say or i will use my 200 year old civilization with supreme bombs to kill you!

Terry: Bah! We will slaughter your bombs like pigs on our breads!

Now Terry thinks he is right and Willy is an opressing superpower.

Willy thinks Terry is mislead and should eb shown the "right way" as they have done.

Everyone thinks their right and in the end there's nothing left.

The old phrase: "Can't argue over opinions" is still valid.

You can't argue about opinions but people sure do.

S

Sarum TheBlack

misread, sorry :)

You're forgiven ;)

Not like I could have even pretended to be upset in the first place.

O

old.The McScrooges

Soldiers don't kill innocents, it is normally your 3rd world lunatic militia men or Americans who do that sort of thing.

And shooting kids is wrong.

Its a waste of bullets, ankles and corner posts have been used for centuries its traditional.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.The McScrooges
Soldiers don't kill innocents, it is normally your 3rd world lunatic militia men or Americans who do that sort of thing.

And shooting kids is wrong.

Its a waste of bullets, ankles and corner posts have been used for centuries its traditional.

First: US bombs never killed civilians? Soldier attack in my opinion so...

Second: Kids are a natural resource that we surely won't run out of. You can always make more.

T

Teh Krypt

This isnt a "lets all chat about the topic we have chated about for the past few months, war." its lets flame Najwa because hes a moron who happened to mention war in his idiotic statement. :p

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.The McScrooges

oh please, how can anybody fool himself like that?
read up on some more military history and you'll see no country is free of atrocities...

S

Sarum TheBlack

Historically, I think the British invented most war crimes, including fun things like Concentration Camps. We were also (I think) the first to use weapons of mass destruction against civilian targets, and have commited a whole string of ethnic cleansing and genocide operations.

Not that they tell you this in history lessons of course, we're whiter than white crusaders for justice, morality and, in the past, The One True God, and so on.

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack
Historically, I think the British invented most war crimes, including fun things like Concentration Camps. We were also (I think) the first to use weapons of mass destruction against civilian targets, and have commited a whole string of ethnic cleansing and genocide operations.

heh, no we weren't, god was when he flooded the place. And these folk say they are fighting in the name of "their" god? he can take care of himself, from what i've read...

Seems to my untrained eye that apart from India -v- Pakistan (territorial), 90% of wars going on at the moment are centered on religion or belief...

One of the only things that, if you attack someone to try to change their mind, it only drives them to prove themselves right and reinforces their belief - they fight back.

<shrugs> s'funny ol' world...

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by The Real Redi

One of the only things that, if you attack someone to try to change their mind, it only drives them to prove themselves right and reinforces their belief - they fight back.

*bashes The Real Redi on the head with a hamster armed with a fridge*

Stop proving yourself right because you're wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom