WAR videos?

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Hello everyone, i will try to be fast . Currently there is not a single website that is for free and has a nice database with videos from our beloved mmorpgs ( DAoC and WAR ). So i have decided to make one. Since my knowledge on web designing is limited into java and html i made a website using only that. Hopefully i found a friend who is currently remaking the website using Visual studio 2008 , so we can have something very close to youtube. But w/o using any bandwidth for us. that means that the database that is currently on develepment, is using embed files and not the files themselves. (Stage6 · Upload Video Clips. Share, Watch, Download Videos) Anyhow i have launched the html/java version of the website. and i wanted from freddyshouse community to give their oppinions of my idea.

The website is : Warhammer online - Get a Life feel free to check FAQ and use the information you need there to submit-rate-review a video.

If you are intrested in this project, and you got the knowledge to help feel free to contact me.

Moreover ideas for improvement, and MOSTLY submiting the videos themselves will help us A LOT.

I hope the community cooperates and we can make this work

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Nice one, more community sites are always a good thing. Keep up the good work and good luck with it, I shall certainly be checking the site from time to time. :)

From first impressions the site looks nice, simple but classy.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Hello everyone, i will try to be fast . Currently there is not a single website that is for free and has a nice database with videos from our beloved mmorpgs ( DAoC and WAR ). So i have decided to make one. Since my knowledge on web designing is limited into java and html i made a website using only that. Hopefully i found a friend who is currently remaking the website using Visual studio 2008 , so we can have something very close to youtube. But w/o using any bandwidth for us. that means that the database that is currently on develepment, is using embed files and not the files themselves. (Stage6 · Upload Video Clips. Share, Watch, Download Videos) Anyhow i have launched the html/java version of the website. and i wanted from freddyshouse community to give their oppinions of my idea.

The website is : Warhammer online - Get a Life feel free to check FAQ and use the information you need there to submit-rate-review a video.

If you are intrested in this project, and you got the knowledge to help feel free to contact me.

Moreover ideas for improvement, and MOSTLY submiting the videos themselves will help us A LOT.

I hope the community cooperates and we can make this work

Shame they just closed Stage6 down :p

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
I plan on making some vids when I get the retail version, I love this initiative, so count on my video-support :D

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
Never done any game videos but I might give it a try once I buy Warhammer.

Would be fun to let people on YouTube see me own in RVR with my Marauder/Black Orc/Shaman/Disciple/Sorcerer/Witch hunter. (Still haven't decided) :p

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
i must be missing something ? i click the site, and i get some white page with some text on it about some kind of "wolf pack" alliance or something ?

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
hmmm i think i have to drop all the pages, but it seems that people dont like the idea, so we dropped the website. i am sorry for inconvenience, if a mod can delete this topic i would be glad :)

p.s I got 0 submits of videos in 3 weeks duration, that is the reason for dropping it. we will recreate at the begin of warhammer, and it will be warhammer exclusive videos database :). but tbh Curse.com | Downloads Forums News Blogs Guides Videos Screenshots | Curse already has a nice database. so mine is not really needed.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
hmmm i think i have to drop all the pages, but it seems that people dont like the idea, so we dropped the website. i am sorry for inconvenience, if a mod can delete this topic i would be glad :)

p.s I got 0 submits of videos in 3 weeks duration, that is the reason for dropping it. we will recreate at the begin of warhammer, and it will be warhammer exclusive videos database :). but tbh Curse.com | Downloads Forums News Blogs Guides Videos Screenshots | Curse already has a nice database. so mine is not really needed.

thing is m8, I 'am not sure if european daoc players still make that much movies..

And you posted in the WARHAMMER section... WARHAMMER still currently under NDA... so BETA testers aren't allowed to drop movies on public sites:).

I wouldn't stop the idea though... just make sure you keep putting effort into it.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
In truth, i was a little sceptical about the idea, due to the website WHMovies.com - Warhammer Online Movies (based on wowmovies.com) but i thought it was a nice idea you had going which included the DAoC movies, mainly to help people recognise guilds which are from daoc moving to WAR maybe.

Maybe another idea might come to mind, like a recruitment site where players can search guilds signed up/listed there, by server name, guild name, dominating/home country, etc, allowing guilds to "flag" recruiting or not, link to websites, and a optional link to a recruitment video on WHMovies.com - Warhammer Online Movies or something. i'm sure you will come up with something, there is loads of ideas that could be done, persoanlly i dont have a clue about html let alone anything else or databases. plus i will spend too much time in game to bother running a webby

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
ps. most people who made daoc movies possibly wont submit them to you as its long gone dead in EU now. you can find LOADS on you tube, and google videos which is even better for large daoc movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom