WAR Release Date Confirmed

Tilda

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

"Paris, France – August 6th, 2008 – GOA, Orange’s games unit and Mythic Entertainment, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced the release date of 18th September 2008 for the eagerly awaited MMORPG, Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ (WAR), as well as confirming retail launch offerings and subscription fees.

Based on Games Workshop’s epic and longstanding tabletop fantasy war game which recently celebrated its 25th anniversary, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning features a unique Realm vs. Realm™ (RvR) gameplay that immerses players in a world of perpetual conflict.

“GOA is thrilled at the prospect of opening the doors to the world of Warhammer Online very soon", said Ghislaine Le Rhun, Managing Director of GOA. "As the development of Warhammer Online continued to accelerate, we have been gearing up to support the launch, building a massive server infrastructure, localizing millions of words and recruiting a top notch team of experts in their fields. We look forward to sharing the fun we're having on the battlefields of WAR".

“The countdown has officially begun. Mark your calendars! September 18th is the Day of Reckoning”, said Mark Jacobs, founder and general manager of Mythic Entertainment. “For the last three years, the entire team at Mythic has poured their hearts into making Warhammer Online the next great MMORPG. We are so excited to open up this world and share it with the fans that will live in it, quest in it, go to war in it and make it come alive.”

From launch, subscriptions can be purchased online and within the game:
- 1 month for 12.99€ (£10.31)
- 3 months for 35.97€ (£28.55)
- 6 months for 65.94€ (£52.34)

Alternatively, pre-paid Game Card packs for a 60-day subscription will be available through participating retailers for 29.99€ (£23.81).

From the 28th August, the regular edition of the game can be pre-ordered at 5€ (£3.97), and this special pre-order pack will entitle players to a key for ‘Live Game Head Start’ access ahead of the full commercial release on the 18th September, as well as bonus in-game items.

The regular edition of the game will be priced at 49.99 € (£39.69) RRP with a 30-day subscription included.

Very few copies of the Collector’s Editions are still available for pre-order. Gamers pre-ordering the Collector’s Edition will have access to the Open Beta, as well as the ‘Live Game Head Start’ and bonus in-game items."

Last time I checked, there were 3 CE Preorder boxes left in Southamptons HMV if anybody is still looking!

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm,they sure will have their hands full coming month. Thought the regular version pre-order beta key was USA only.

Edit: Do those prices include VAT?

Tilda

Heh at beating the official news by 4 mins :D

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Hmm,they sure will have their hands full coming month. Thought the regular version pre-order beta key was USA only.

Edit: Do those prices include VAT?

All taxes are included.

Pre-order for the EU standard edition gets you the head start but not open beta.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
piss, typically I'm away on holiday during the head start (unless it's a seriously long head start)...

*looks into mobile internet...*

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
All taxes are included.

Pre-order for the EU standard edition gets you the head start but not open beta.

EU standard edition ? what about the CE ?
Release of the actual game in 40 days ? no open beta for EU ?

fang

Fledgling Freddie
While the confirmation of the release date is great, great news, I'm not too happy about the pricing differences between US and EU customers. Basically we pay ~5$/mo more and the game itself is also apparently ~25$ more (even though I've seen the pre-order priced around 60$ at some places).

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
great news, the only thing missing is the date of open beta for the ce holders

i really need my new 24m connection to its limits ^^

so givf

IainC

EU standard edition ? what about the CE ?
Release of the actual game in 40 days ? no open beta for EU ?

Nothing has changed with the CE pre-order pack. If you pre-ordered the CE you still get open beta access. There will be an EU open beta but pre-orders of the standard edition won't get automatic invites, we'll be giving out keys via newsletter subscriptions and partner websites.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Heh, too busy grumbling about missing head start to go "WOOOOOT!" or "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
W I'm not too happy about the pricing differences between US and EU customers. Basically we pay ~5$/mo more and the game itself is also apparently ~25$ more (even though I've seen the pre-order priced around 60$ at some places).

You seen PS3 prices? we pay 2x more for it than Yanks on the best case,even more if we want to get games for it.

We are everyone's bitches when it comes to prices :(

fang

Fledgling Freddie
You seen PS3 prices? we pay 2x more for it than Yanks on the best case,even more if we want to get games for it.

We are everyone's bitches when it comes to prices :(

Yeah, I know the games themselves are usually more expensive, but for the life of me I can't figure out why jack up the prices of the sub.

IainC

While the confirmation of the release date is great, great news, I'm not too happy about the pricing differences between US and EU customers. Basically we pay ~5$/mo more and the game itself is also apparently ~25$ more (even though I've seen the pre-order priced around 60$ at some places).

Remember that EU prices include tax at 17.5% while US prices do not include taxes (as each state has a different sales tax rate). To compare like for like, the equivalent 1 month subs rate is about £8.50 which is around $16.50 at current rates. The average US sales tax rate is 7.5% which makes the $14.99 a month US sub cost $16.11 instead. The difference is less than a pound a month.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
All taxes are included.

Woo, head-start for Standard Edition! :D When will partner-sites be showing this as fact and how will it be distributed? Don't want to pre-order from play.com and then have them say they aren't participating in head-start campaign...

ileks

Part of the furniture
Good news indeed! :D
By "fall" I was expecting late October or November! :)

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
As someone pointed out the NA pay less for the same. The prices should at least be comparable

$14.99 USD,
3- ($41.97 / $13.99 per month)
6 ($77.94 / $12.99 per month)

compared to

1 month for 12.99€ (£10.31) = ~20USD (~20USD)
- 3 months for 35.97€ (£28.55) = ~55.6USD (~55.7USD)
- 6 months for 65.94€ (£52.34) = ~102USD (102USD)

used xe.com and 1 EUR = 1.54613 USD (1 GBP = 1.95256 USD)

[edit]
As a norwegian this actually means nothing since the price level and salaries are high (the 5USD will not buy a 0.5L coke at a gas station, but non Union countries should be allowed to pay in USD)

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Will people in the UK be paying the Euro price or a fixed £ price like DAOC? I can see this getting more expensive if the value of the Euro rises.

Tilda

All the prices have been listed in euros and pounds, so I'd say its safe to assume we'll play in pounds.

IainC

Will people in the UK be paying the Euro price or a fixed £ price like DAOC? I can see this getting more expensive if the value of the Euro rises.

UK based customers will pay a fixed sterling price which is listed in the original press release.

Note that EU prices include VAT at 17.5% while US prices do not include sales taxes (which are different from state to state).

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
UK based customers will pay a fixed sterling price which is listed in the original press release.

Note that EU prices include VAT at 17.5% while US prices do not include sales taxes (which are different from state to state).

Thanks for the clarification, I should be happy then since I guess 17,5% VAT is a lot less than the Norwegian tax authority would add (25% VAT on normal merchandise)

[edit]

And where is the newsletter, its after "early next week" now :lol:

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
prices is usually always higher in EU on subscriptions for mmorpgs, nothing to whine about, will not change.

knightyc

Fledgling Freddie
when will open beta start tho. i wasnt selected for the beta thru the newsletter so i should be able to use my ce codes.

Simmo

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Ian think i could get a beta code for my birthday lol..............its tomorrow btw.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH

Thanks for clarifying that Ian. :)

I was unsure whether the press release's stated £ price was a fixed price or just telling us how much it is at the current Euro to £ currency rate.

Several MMORPGs I played including EVE Online only dealt in $ for US players and € for European countries whether they were in the single currency or not.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Remember that EU prices include tax at 17.5% while US prices do not include taxes (as each state has a different sales tax rate). To compare like for like, the equivalent 1 month subs rate is about £8.50 which is around $16.50 at current rates. The average US sales tax rate is 7.5% which makes the $14.99 a month US sub cost $16.11 instead. The difference is less than a pound a month.

£10.31 divided by VAT 1.175 (17.5%) = £8.77

£8.77 = $17.08

$17.08 - $16.11 = $0.97

$0.97 = £0.5

We will pay approximately 50pence more per month, however this will fluctuate depending on how strong £ is against the $.

Not sure how much more the € people will pay, at a guess, 60-70 Cents?

Only reason for writing this is to figure out all the numbers, am a bit crap at maths!

Aada

Part of the furniture
I just read about the USA open beta starting on the 15th August.

Maybe i am jaded by DAOC and how the USA/EU were so different in terms of expansion pack release dates and patch updates that i am thinking the EU won't see the Open beta until september?

I pray i am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom