#war.prydwen - helping old Prydwenites unite since 2008!

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi All, with the release of WAR now imminent and in the efforts of getting all us old Prydwenites on the same server come release and also to re-establish contact with old pals, we have launched #war.prydwen on irc.quakenet.org. Hopefully this will be a community that will grow and flourish in much the same way as prydwen of ye olde did.

So come join us and idle, chat or both! Look forward to seeing you all there!

Jara.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
I'll have to avoid chatting for the time being incase I break the NDA. :p

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
That will prolly work out as good as #aoc.dagon... :ninja:

Obviously I can't say much without breaking NDA, but WAR will be better than AoC, therefore the channel should be more popular as a direct result. So I hope you're incorrect!! So far so good anyway. :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Obviously I can't say much without breaking NDA, but WAR will be better than AoC, therefore the channel should be more popular as a direct result. So I hope you're incorrect!! So far so good anyway. :D

Got no problem with that but I think you overestimate the attention span the kids have today. Many will burn through the content and cry about lack of end game, unbalances and as soon as the fixes will be incoming they will cry about nerfs and how they game should have been ready at the release.

Vicious cycle of the MMOGs today.

Anyway, best of luck, community driven games/servers are best.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Got no problem with that but I think you overestimate the attention span the kids have today.

Heh dunno like Manisch, back when Daoc was in it's prime, most the people playing were students/early teens/early twenties etc. If anything people are a lot less like kids now than they were :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Heh dunno like Manisch, back when Daoc was in it's prime, most the people playing were students/early teens/early twenties etc. If anything people are a lot less like kids now than they were :p

Well I am developing myself back, becoming infantile again with the age :( and tbh I think way more people play than did when DAoC came and I think that DAoC was a nice product.

Warhammer will be mainstream and you the DAoC "geeks" will be the minority.

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
As p0x pointed out to me yesterday, we're too old and jaded to play an MMO purely for it's gameplay. We've made alot of friends over the years and when it came to the crunch and asked ourselves why the hell we're still playing, the answer was always the same - the people we played with. This is the ethos we created our new guild under, and I completely agree with the sentiment.

While gameplay is of course important, it in itself is not going to keep me tied to a game, in stark contrast really poor gameplay such as AoC really pushes you away despite community, but we're talking about a completely different animal here. WAR certainly seems to be a game that caters to community a la DAoC rather than forcing you away from it, which is something that it definately has going for it.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
As p0x pointed out to me yesterday, we're too old and jaded to play an MMO purely for it's gameplay. We've made alot of friends over the years and when it came to the crunch and asked ourselves why the hell we're still playing, the answer was always the same - the people we played with.

I refuse to admit that i'm old but you have a point,the only thing currently drawing me to play War is the change that i just might see some old faces.

It's so boring on beta when most of your guild stopped playing :(

Jarakin

One of Freddy's beloved
I refuse to admit that i'm old but you have a point,the only thing currently drawing me to play War is the change that i just might see some old faces.

It's so boring on beta when most of your guild stopped playing :(

Come join us then mr. nature druid! :D

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Well I am developing myself back, becoming infantile again with the age :( and tbh I think way more people play than did when DAoC came and I think that DAoC was a nice product.

Warhammer will be mainstream and you the DAoC "geeks" will be the minority.

Ooh, Mani, are you playing and where? :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Biggest reason why newer games never will get the same community as we had on prydwen in daoc, is mainly cause in new games, bloody all classes are able to solo there way with ease up to the cap level. Whilest in daoc it was impossible in the start to do so, you had to group, you had to learn to know the people on the server, so once people started to reach the cap level everyone pretty much had an idea who most people on the server were

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom