Votes: 50 32.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Keitan said:
! you know the diffrence between a ps3 and a ps2 is fuck all ? :p

quite big differences between PS2 and PS3 :eek:

Wii is an upgraded Gamecube when it comes to raw power but Nintendo have never been part of the grapgic war between Microsoft and Sony.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
they have throwed away the shitty cd's aswell, and gone over to DVD. Producers have today said they again will make games for wii. Gamecube was the biggest flop ever and WII is gonna save them a hell lot! Only worth game buying for a GC was Zelda, its about to change xD

metroid pime ftw

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Overdriven said:
Because they're just now allowed to do it? :S The reason most people (group of friends) end up buying games (atleast people I know) is the fact they borrow the game then end up buying it.

thing is thats illegal. Your not allowed to lend or borrow games its in the rules maaaan, the rules!

Just like DvDs your not supposed to share them. So that means they can implement a rule that stops you from sharing

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Sparx said:
thing is thats illegal. Your not allowed to lend or borrow games its in the rules maaaan, the rules!

Just like DvDs your not supposed to share them. So that means they can implement a rule that stops you from sharing

Care to explain the process of renting games to me then? :) Sure, people pay £4.50 for 2 weeks play. Shouldn't that be illegal too? ;o

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even have half my bought (yes, I paid for games on my PS2) half of my games if my friends didn't let me play them first.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Overdriven said:
Care to explain the process of renting games to me then? :) Sure, people pay £4.50 for 2 weeks play. Shouldn't that be illegal too? ;o

No, because the rental companies have entered into a seperate contracted agreement with the Publishers. Which excludes them from certain legal statements on the retail units.

Much like Video/DVD Movie rental companies. They pay higher amounts for the initial product but get the license to rent it out. Years ago the price rental companies paid for standard VSH movies was 80-100 GBP. 6 Months later you could be it 10-15 GBP.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Hawkwind said:
No, because the rental companies have entered into a seperate contracted agreement with the Publishers. Which excludes them from certain legal statements on the retail units.

But then back to the original point, this means that SCE/SCEE couldn't afford to encrypt their games with some 'antj-loan' feature. Since they'd have to only do it to certain amounts of games... We all know that game/rental stores will have certain games (most popular) there and maybe some will get stolen.

So yeah, they've got to have the contract - but would they go through with 'tagging' only 0.1% of their games?

I remember when videos cost £40 a go =( Now they're £13.99 - Just like DvDs/Games etc.

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
i dont think a mmorg will work on either tbh you would have to use a keyboard and then why own a consol ? most ppl have PC's now anyway

Overdriven said:
I remember when videos cost £40 a go =( Now they're £13.99 - Just like DvDs/Games etc.

WTF Is this video thing ppl are banging on about :confused:

as for "loaning" games to friends, it is not a breach of anything legal hell you can re-sell them also you bought the product ,,, you OWN it

is someone actually saying that there is a chance a new game will only work on one machine once first loaded ? what a loada BS tbh... and if they did they would either have to make the game product so cheap that loads of ppl would buy it and it wouldnt matter or there company would go bankrupt .. i mean who the hell would buy a machine like that !

imo next gen consols you wont go out and buy a game from a shop you will just DL one and then rent the game. much like mmorpg's and some mobile phones games.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
I'll see if I can dig it out, but they had WAR running on a console at some exhib show:

Eble

eble

Fledgling Freddie
Found it:

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/warhammeronline/news.html?sid=6151181

LOS ANGELES--Tucked away behind Sony's gigantic West Hall stand at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo is a Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning booth belonging to Mythic Entertainment. Visitors to the booth are being invited to get hands-on with the upcoming massively multiplayer online game, where they can check out one of the game's areas on live servers and play alongside members of the development team who are playing from the company's Virginia headquarters.

What none of these players have realized, though, is that one of the "green-skins" questing alongside them is being controlled by a player not armed with a mouse and keyboard, but with a wireless Xbox 360 controller. That player is in a closely guarded room to the rear of Mythic's booth.

To be clear, Mythic is not announcing an Xbox 360 version of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, but in what was purportedly a period of only six weeks, the developer has managed to get its game up and running on Microsoft's new console simply to prove that it can be done. Given the content of Bill Gates' "Live Anywhere" speech at Microsoft's pre-E3 conference, it seems that Mythic's timing could hardly have been better. To quote one of Mythic's senior staffers, "What Microsoft is talking about, here is a company that's doing it."

We had an opportunity to see the PC and Xbox 360 versions of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning running alongside each other, and although the console demo lacked any kind of user interface, its widescreen, high-definition visuals were practically indistinguishable from those on the PC. Furthermore, the character on the Xbox 360 was interacting with PC players, and if it wasn't for the fact that one of the games was running on a huge TV rather than a monitor, it would be difficult to tell them apart.

Mythic says the work done optimizing Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning for the Xbox 360 made the development team realize that they could use similar techniques in the PC game. So what started out as an experiment to get an MMO game running on a console has actually resulted in some improvements for the PC version.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is currently scheduled for release on the PC in the fall of 2007. Whether or not the game will ever see a release on the Xbox 360 or any other console remains to be seen, but one thing is certain--it's definitely a possibility.

this is the followup;

Console-owning fans of the Warhammer fantasy gaming franchise were given hope at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo by the developer of the massively multiplayer Warhammer Online game, Mythic Entertainment. The company revealed it had a version of the upcoming PC game running on the Xbox 360, but it didn't actually confirm that the game was headed to Microsoft's platform. But, with cash-flush Electronic Arts' recent purchase of Mythic, a console version seems more likely.

May 12, 2006 - In a surprise meeting with IGN, Mythic Entertainment led us into a private room to show off Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning running on an Xbox 360. Though the game is by no means confirmed for any console, Mythic told us that it plans on bringing the MMO to it both next-gen super platforms (that includes the PlayStation 3). Representatives then showed off an orc character on a live server, while on a PC nearby, they demonstrated how console and PC players could interact -- as the two were displayed on the same screen running around with each other. Mythic also told us that it has been using the Xbox 360 character to jump into their PC playable demos running outside the private room and nobody playing seemed to notice.

Again, Warhammer is not confirmed for consoles, it's just planned. Therefore the game has no release date. Should it actually end up getting picked up, though, players should expect the release sometime after the PC version, possibly in 2008. Since the general console audience is somewhat uneducated in regards to MMOs, Mythic is considering simplifying specific parts of the game. Mythic was very interested in taking advantage of the Xbox Live's already-established capabilities, specifically voice support and incorporating elements of players' gamertags into the main game, while the promise of something similar on PS3 was enticing too.

Just because the console version, assuming it's coming, is simplified doesn't mean it would be less of a game. Mythic mentioned that it would drop in plenty of platform-specific content to tune it properly for an audience that isn't yet accustomed to the intricate mechanics involved with MMOs. We'll be sure to update you with any information should anything be confirmed

for those that cba to clicky.

Eble

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Post by Mark Jacobs on Warhammer Alliance from last week:

Mark Jacobs said:
Folks,

While a shared persistent world between the 360 and the PC is well within our abilities for us to do (we showed that at E3), I see no reason to actually do an RvR-centric game like WAR that way. While few problems are insurmountable, in the end the key is that we would have to have both platforms be equal (not equivalent) in all ways to really pull that off. If they are not equal, then one platform would have the advantage in RvR warfare against the other and that would be very bad.

Thus, I can say, without any hesitation, that is no way that we will have a shared persistent world between the PC and the 360 should we ever create a 360 version of WAR. Right now our focus is on the PC version and keeping that game right on schedule (which we have done so far).

Mark

Zenith

Part of the furniture
You must be crazy. Mmorpg on a god damn console? For gods sake. I hope that will never take place.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Zenith said:
You must be crazy. Mmorpg on a god damn console? For gods sake. I hope that will never take place.
You never heard of FFXI then? MMORPG on PC, 360 and PS2. Been out a couple of years now.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Zenith said:

well if it would be console only, meaning no shared server between pc and console versions, it could work out well because the circumstances are fair for everyone. I would love to see a good MMORPG on the xbox360, not a shitty one like FFXI or Phantasy Star Universe. Actually I would be even happy to play Oblivion in co-op mode, I wonder why they don't implement such thing with use of xbox live (playing in the same world of Oblivion together with a friend, doing quests together, traveling together etc. would really rock).

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ctuchik said:
u know, the only diffrence between wii and a gamecube is that motion controller. almost everything else is the same. they even admitted to it.

the thing i dislike most about nintendo is that they seem to aim for a much lower age group, their primary "target" seem to be 7-14 year old while ps/xbox aim at much higher age groups :p

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Keitan said:
TBH Daoc needs to go on the ps3 or they neeed to advertise it ALOT more . I mean look at runescape 1 million players and its a 2d game lol.If goa/mythis put price to £5 a month they would get more people paying i bet its just now WAR is comming we need to get players from other games to visit daoc and stuff :) you must all know what i mean.:drink:

I doubt people would come back even for £5 per month - the game is just so past its sell by date - there is nothing in the game to attrack noobies - its all hardcore pvp'ers left now (well 99.99% of em :)

A mmorg on a console is the worst-shittiest idea ever! - i bet u that WAR will come out on xbox360 tho - which is why it is going to make it a crap mmorg (using a controller is NOT conducive towards this sort of gameplay) - sure you can get a keyboard, but most peoples xbox/ps are connected to the main tv, and i cannot see mum or dad allowing little johnny to play 6hours+ per night on it!

You will also have to dilute the codebase to get it to work on the different platforms, at least with directx they only have to program it for that, but can u imagine supporting 2 or 3 different platforms? - patching and new content would need to work and be tested on these different platforms.

IMO - this is why EA bought mythic - because they were wetting their pants at having the opportunity of a mmorg running on a xbox360 (didnt mythic demo it running on an xbox360?)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Dear MODS - can you change the poll so that we can put a NONNNNNN

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
Chiped PS1 was the best, had about 180 games at 2 pound each :england:

Urgat

Part of the furniture
rampant said:
A mmorg on a console is the worst-shittiest idea ever! -

You will also have to dilute the codebase to get it to work on the different platforms.

Did you even READ the above posts?

Even if Mythic does decide to produce a 360 version, it WONT be compatable with the PC version, and will have its OWN set of servers, simply to cater for the simplified control set 360 users would have.

Mark Jacobs (President of mythic) quote from above...

While a shared persistent world between the 360 and the PC is well within our abilities for us to do (we showed that at E3), I see no reason to actually do an RvR-centric game like WAR that way. While few problems are insurmountable, in the end the key is that we would have to have both platforms be equal (not equivalent) in all ways to really pull that off. If they are not equal, then one platform would have the advantage in RvR warfare against the other and that would be very bad.

Thus, I can say, without any hesitation, that is no way that we will have a shared persistent world between the PC and the 360 should we ever create a 360 version of WAR. Right now our focus is on the PC version and keeping that game right on schedule (which we have done so far).

Mark

pay special attention to the last paragraph.

The pc version will be in no way dumbed down or have "diluted codebase" to cater for console users, because the versions will never interact with each other.

The only reason they did some demos with a 360... was to show it COULD be done.

goddam knee-jerkers.... :wanker:

Svenskscout

Fledgling Freddie
damn warhammer! it killing DaoC! Why!!!!!!!!!!? :S i will jump to wow or maybe play war damn it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom