• WaR

Votes: 104 67.5%
  • DaOc

Votes: 50 32.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keitan

Banned
Say mythic/goa turned around to you and said you can either have DAOC or WAR on the ps3 :) what one would you like to see come out on the PS3 ?

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Tilda said:
neither cause both will be shit on a console.

Why?

You can have keyboard and mouse capabilities on a console, i actually think with the technology today this could be achieved.

By the way, PS3 is going to be a very poor console compared to the Wii now :>

Keitan

Banned
Ati said:
Why?

You can have keyboard and mouse capabilities on a console, i actually think with the technology today this could be achieved.

Aye and ps3s are £700 and i preordered a nintendo wii yesterday and im getting the console+the other remote for £200 from play.com :) can prob get it cheaper elsewhere but prob sold out hehe :) btw do you know if the wii has internet on it?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Ati said:
Why?

cause you have to have the keyboard/mouse on your lap/floor, i know few people that have consoles set up on a desk

cause that would meen an extra £XX for the console company

cause people with only 1 pc, would have to buy a router

cause its a mmopg, you would need a HD, cause of all the expansions/patchs

cause essentually consoles wouldn't be a console if you had to install something

--
whys the wii going to be better, cause of the controler? people dont like change, personally i think the've signed there death certificate on that...
sorry for the n00bosity, but i havn't been following the production like i normally do...

Keitan

Banned
TBH Daoc needs to go on the ps3 or they neeed to advertise it ALOT more . I mean look at runescape 1 million players and its a 2d game lol.If goa/mythis put price to £5 a month they would get more people paying i bet its just now WAR is comming we need to get players from other games to visit daoc and stuff :) you must all know what i mean.:drink:

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
neither cause both will be shit on a console.

qft

putting games like this on consoles, limits future game engine/gfx upgrades. PCs put no such limits on games in the long term.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ati said:

u know, the only diffrence between wii and a gamecube is that motion controller. almost everything else is the same. they even admitted to it.

Keitan

Banned
Ctuchik said:
u know, the only diffrence between wii and a gamecube is that motion controller. almost everything else is the same. they even admitted to it.

! you know the diffrence between a ps3 and a ps2 is fuck all ? :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Keitan said:

Other than the power, the game storage capacity, the graphics, the fact it'll piss all over Xbox and Wii?

I won't be touching the 360, Wii or PS3 (Well, I'll buy the PS3 when the price drops dramatically/when FF7 comes out again)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Keitan said:

ps1?:p

i heard a rumor that the ps3 is leading the way into pirate technolagy... ie theres a kinda serial imbedded in the game and asociates it with that machine and that macine only

so... you buy tekkan 12, you play it... then you lend it to a friend, they cant play it... then your ps3 breaks... and then you cant play it

that coupled with the price, im wii gonna wipe the floor with the ps3...

also, this compatition with grafix/power is rather stupid, the grafix are neer perfect, and are deffenatly not slow, just like the hd discussion, you need a 50" screen to even notice a differance... its just a scam for us to part with more cash, and untill people notice this they will carry on... further more there not giving us anything differant, unlike nintendo... but that said people dont like change and will continue to be sheep and play what they played for the last 10 years

gohan

FH is my second home
well thiers no choice is thier? thiey wont put any more effort into daoc once WAR comes out.... it will still exsist put not in new platforms an not new patches or as often

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:

I'm sorry but I question this due to obvious fanboy-ism.

Please provide proof of this 'fact' because what you've just said there is complete crap. :p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
well thiers no choice is thier? thiey wont put any more effort into daoc once WAR comes out.... it will still exsist put not in new platforms an not new patches or as often

no, it wont stop being updated untill no-one subsribes, or it hits a low low level... iirc

war was being produced by ea anyway, and when ea bought mythic they stated 'we will not interfear with daoc'

niether will x-fer to a console, the internet is still prity new to the console, however x-box utalize it well... but shit, x-box is a imac mini, but w/ a new version of windows...

Overdriven

psyco said:
so... you buy tekkan 12, you play it... then you lend it to a friend, they cant play it... then your ps3 breaks... and then you cant play it

Pure bullshit, that's illegal.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

Keitan said:

Oh the dumbass of the week award might have to be shared this week.

Seriously if you don't know anything about a subject just don't comment on it guys.

The Wii is nothing like the CG. They said it's comparible as much of the development tools used to make games for the Wii are evolutions of those used to make games for the GC. But the machine, the technology and even the audience it's targeting are completely uncomparable.

The PS3 isn't a mere upgrade. It isn't the same hardware but faster. It's completely different hardware. The difference is less obvious then for the Wii because it doesn't have the new controller (or well it does but it's poo). But the difference is certainly a tad more then "fuck all".

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Pure bullshit, that's illegal.

why?

before i go any further... there not copys... there the retail game...

Overdriven

psyco said:
why?

before i go any further... there not copys... there the retail game...

Because they're just now allowed to do it? :S The reason most people (group of friends) end up buying games (atleast people I know) is the fact they borrow the game then end up buying it.

If SCEE/SCE were to implement that feature on their games/consoles not only would they lose money from inital game sales (and people not buying them since they'd want to be able to borrow games), they'd also lose money on pre-owned games, lose money on the game rentals and just lose money in general.

It's not hard to understand why they won't do it.

Shirr

Fledgling Freddie
Having an MMO ported over to console is not just about having the hardware for it.

If Mythic was to put WAR/DAoC on console, they'd have to use Sony's or Microsoft's network, which have their own little rules etc which I bet noone really wants to hear off. :p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Because they're just now allowed to do it? :S The reason most people (group of friends) end up buying games (atleast people I know) is the fact they borrow the game then end up buying it.

If SCEE/SCE were to implement that feature on their games/consoles not only would they lose money from inital game sales (and people not buying them since they'd want to be able to borrow games), they'd also lose money on pre-owned games, lose money on the game rentals and just lose money in general.

It's not hard to understand why they won't do it.

yeh, i understand that... but thats what i was told was happening, and couldn't see why it was ileagel...

only idiots will buy the ps3 untill it drops to like £300 witch will be a couple of years... by witch time x-box will win the console war, witch means more money into the pockets of them microsoft dicks

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
why on earth would you want to play an mmo on a console? keep consoles for what they are good for, beat'em ups, racers and sports games.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

they have throwed away the shitty cd's aswell, and gone over to DVD. Producers have today said they again will make games for wii. Gamecube was the biggest flop ever and WII is gonna save them a hell lot! Only worth game buying for a GC was Zelda, its about to change xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom