war class abilities?

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi everyone, long time no see ! Anyhow i got a simple request, as far as i still havent managed to find a cd key for beta, is any site that gives us info of each class abilities? Or somewhere i can find some info of the game except the official one? ( too little info there ) .

Thnx in advance.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
That's nice, but as long as it's not an EA Mythic / GOA site, it's not official, so it could be fake, or could get changed before release.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
The main thing that worries me about the lack of info for the public, is that it must mean its a long way off from being complete yet. Q2 is looking to be lucky completion date.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
The main thing that worries me about the lack of info for the public, is that it must mean its a long way off from being complete yet. Q2 is looking to be lucky completion date.

Like anyone still believes it's going to be Q2. No-one is that naive.

rynnor

Rockhound
The dates are always given out by Marketing or Management - not the coders :)

I have worked on a number of large software projects and projects over-running by 2-3 years is pretty standard.

There are many reasons for this - sometimes management set unrealistic end dates without consulting the guys who have to build it. Or a date can be set for political reasons - ie we know it will take longer but senior management will only except x but by then they'll be committed when we tell them its y.

Other times some unexpected issue arises that causes delay. Or both :p

The thing to realise is that its a process - you keep testing the new releases over and over whilst raising defects. The defects are categorised from Severity 1 - whole system crash down to 4 - minor 'nice to have'.

It varies from company to company but generally you dont go in with code till there are no sev 1's and 2's and a limited number of 3's.

Reaching that point is not particularly susceptible to prediction I'm afraid :)

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
i wanted to ask as well what happens with beta invitations, i was one of the first that applied for beta. mmm since the site launched. propably 2nd - 3rd day. and still i havent got an invitation, i am wondering if my pc specifics i applied from my OLD computer has some value to them, i am afraid to give my new computer settup because i maybe go down to the list or sthing like that, are they even gonna notice the changes i may make? it's kind of weird cause my application was one of the first and still i dont have an invitation :(, its kind of sad cause i am one of the first daoc players and i have played to the 99% of betas of the mmorpg's since then :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
If you've updated your computer then you should update your DXDiag info on the beta centre (log in to the war-europe website and go to 'profile').

There isn't a 'queue' as such, you can't go up or down in the line. What happens is that when we invite people, we search the database for all the applications that meet the current eligibility criteria and send out invites to that pool more or less at random. Some waves have different requirements than others but if you're eligible then you have the same chance as the others in that same pool.

Criteria we use include things like computer spec, contest winner status, veteran subscriber status and many other things that are specific to each wave.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Fine, state me what requirements you're looking for and I'll find a pc like that. If it changes, I'll change my pc. Why does everything have to be so secret?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Fine, state me what requirements you're looking for and I'll find a pc like that. If it changes, I'll change my pc. Why does everything have to be so secret?

Because:
  • It's not all about your PC spec.
  • If the requirements were known, people would lie to get into the beta
  • Every time there's a new beta wave there are also a couple of dozen threads from people complaining that they didn't get an invite. Making the criteria public would just make that worse. Some people feel entitled even when they don't know what the requirements are, they'd be even more frustrated if they knew they were eligible but still didn't get an invite.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Fair enough. I guess this whole delay thing is starting to drive me crazy.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Because:
  • It's not all about your PC spec.
  • If the requirements were known, people would lie to get into the beta
  • Every time there's a new beta wave there are also a couple of dozen threads from people complaining that they didn't get an invite. Making the criteria public would just make that worse. Some people feel entitled even when they don't know what the requirements are, they'd be even more frustrated if they knew they were eligible but still didn't get an invite.

lol if its all about specifics then i am lucky, because i got a p4 quad core 2.4, 2giga ram @ 800 mhz, 8600 gts gfx card and a nice raptor HD 40giga - 10.000 rps .

I hope you reply to this but i cant update my profile Because it says that i dont have an access to my profile ? : O while i am already logged in with it : O

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
nevermind it works now . !

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
It's not all about your PC spec.

It's not he just said wutae ;)

Anyway, I wonder what the other requirements could possibly be? Age, sex, job, financial status, whether you like pets or not?

angrymoon

Fledgling Freddie
It's not he just said wutae ;)

Anyway, I wonder what the other requirements could possibly be? Age, sex, job, financial status, whether you like pets or not?

Well, IanC stated:

"Criteria we use include things like computer spec, contest winner status, veteran subscriber status and many other things that are specific to each wave."

Plus I'm sure they have quotas to fill, I.E. making sure they get x amount of a specific age group in the beta for marketing ect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom