WAR best online game at Leipzig

pikeh

Resident Freddy
War Euro site said:
We are proud to announce that Warhammer© Online: Age of Reckoning™ has been dubbed 'Best Online Game' at Games Convention! This is a very prestigious award – Games Convention is one of the largest and most important gatherings for the gaming industry in the world.

This prize is a highly tangible recognition of the success of WAR and combined with the amazing reactions from fans and journalists we are very proud of being able to offer this game to the European communities.

Good news I guess :)

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
What was it up against? Wrath of the Lich King and AoC?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Thats why I said "I guess". Have no idea what its up against :D

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Bob the Builder Online aswell hehe.

A world populated with builders be a cowboy builder and charge a fortune or be a good builder and charge good prices. :p

Joking aside its good news it got the award but if it was only up against AoC (Epic Fail) and WOTLK then its not a hard fought win.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
After following WOTLK (Wrath of the Lich King) since aug/sep 2007 (and reading alot of stuff about it) I can safely say it will be successful to HARDcore WoW fans... those expecting anything new are in for a shock because it simply has little more to offer than it already has over the past 4 years or so.

Warhammer to me sounds like it'll be ok :) can't go wrong with almost 900,000 "Closed Beta" tickers. I'm quite sure the numbers would be in the 2-3 million category IF it was open beta from the start.

Given it has a few flaws (main one being mythic) lets just hope mythic truely did learn by DAOC and don't fuck up Warhammer with some form of bent expansion.

Then again only time will tell :) we all said the same about conan but when it went live it failed horribly.

Lets hope that Warhammer truely does knock blizzard's World of Warcraft off the 'Top' spot as it were.

Warhammer pre-ordered and i'll see you all in there hopefully :)

/Omen out.

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Don't forget EA/Mythic have Games Workshop breathing hard down their necks keeping a very close eye on everything they do.

This-is-a-very-good-thing! :clap:

Heck they may even learn something . . . . . .

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Don't forget EA/Mythic have Games Workshop breathing hard down their necks keeping a very close eye on everything they do.

This-is-a-very-good-thing! :clap:

Heck they may even learn something . . . . . .

but there is always GOA there in the end...
so a possibility for a fuck up there no matter how good it is before

hopefully they should have learnd from the prydwen crash :rolleyes:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Funnily enough, when we were at the awards ceremony the award itself said Best Online game, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning by GOA'.

I guess as it was our stand, the GC organisers assumed it was our game.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Which demonstrates perfectly just how meaningful these awards are ;)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Funnily enough, when we were at the awards ceremony the award itself said Best Online game, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning by GOA'.

I guess as it was our stand, the GC organisers assumed it was our game.
Germans and humor...

nah gratz on it, but then again also gratz me as i'm helping out too :p

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
With a normal tone i have to say this, no offense meant just a statement.
Given the bad german jokes on the podcast from leipzig by Mythic people and the last post here, i thought we have gone over that crap.
It is not appriciated, thx anyways.

Faya

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
With a normal tone i have to say this, no offense meant just a statement.
Given the bad german jokes on the podcast from leipzig by Mythic people and the last post here, i thought we have gone over that crap.
It is not appriciated, thx anyways.

Faya
it's just a joke on the stereo-type joke
don't take it serious but if it offends u, sry then

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom