<Wanted in UK (scotland)

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
a job and an apartment

done with education as IT-supporter on the 23rd of june, so from the 1st of july I´m looking for a place to work.

now you may ask, why northern england? well I would like to learn gaelic, and homestudy books just doesn´t do it for me, I don´t have a problem moving from dk to uk as I´ve always wanted to go there.

anyways

if anyone knows/works for/owns a company that might have use for an IT-supporter please send a pm to me with an adress to send my application to

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Do you want to work in the north of England, or Scotland? - these are 2 very different places, and you'd probably get shot in both of them for getting them mixed up :p

Also if you want to learn spoken, everyday Gaelic then you're probably looking at living in one of the more remote areas like the Outer Hebrides as its not really spoken anywhere else.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

And I don't kow how much call there is for IT people out there... :(

These might help :)

http://www.gaelic-scotland.co.uk/Short-or-Part-time-Courses.html

http://www.siliconglen.com/Scotland/7_1.html

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Serbitar said:
good call giving yourself a week of R&R :)

actually that would be a week of moving stuff to the UK, I´m living in denmark :)

Naetha the gaelic is a second priority, primary is getting to UK and using my english :) (the closer to edinburgh the better :p)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you want to learn Gaelic, you'd probably be better off going to Ireland, as there are more speakers there.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Contact me mate on the pm set up on this board. I run a finance company in Edinburgh and know many ppl that may be interested in looking at an IT professional. Can't help on the Gaelic side of things...its not a widely spoken language up here and is in danger of dying out except in some remote places. Housing is easy...fairly cheap and in most cases pretty decent.

ps. My job lets me play DAoC during the day...

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
Also if you want to learn spoken, everyday Gaelic then you're probably looking at living in one of the more remote areas like the Outer Hebrides as its not really spoken anywhere else.

Please, don't send him here :p

To be honest, English is the everyday language out here. The only people that use Gaelic as a primary language are the 70+ year old ladies who refuse to change.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
If you want to learn gaelic, you need to go to the western side of Ireland... still places there where it's first language, but mostly farming communities, so getting an IT job there is pretty hard. (or not possible).

I'd also reccomend you try some of the online websites for finding a job - that's how my parrents ending up moving from Denmark to England :)

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
who´d wanna move to denmark.... sweden is the worlds shithole, and denmarks right next to it (you do the maths)

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
Lies. Sweden is nice. I live there. I'm nice. I like Sweden. It's a nice place.

I understand you wanting to move from Denmark tho, after all it's full of *shudder* Danes. :mad:

Do they do metal in Scotland tho? :eek:

Cyfr

Banned
Addlcove said:
a job and an apartment

done with education as IT-supporter on the 23rd of june, so from the 1st of july I´m looking for a place to work.

now you may ask, why northern england? well I would like to learn gaelic, and homestudy books just doesn´t do it for me, I don´t have a problem moving from dk to uk as I´ve always wanted to go there.

anyways

if anyone knows/works for/owns a company that might have use for an IT-supporter please send a pm to me with an adress to send my application to
Come live with me, and come to my school :p My teacher knows galic :)

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
ahh no thanks Cyfr, no offense but I´d rather be forced to stalk sharma than live with you :p

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
well im in glasgow and i can say that i dont know one single gaelic speaker

i would guess mybe 5% of the country and also if your after real scotland keep away from edinburgh its full of dirty english and yanks :D

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Bah, what happend to moving down here?

And you only want to go up north for the Newcastle Brown, admit it!

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
TeaSpoon said:
And you only want to go up north for the Newcastle Brown, admit it!

newcastle brown and the pretty girls :p (seeing as you refuse to let me meet your sister :p)

Shock

Fledgling Freddie
Cork in Ireland plenty of IT jobs there and they speak the lingo :)

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
Conchabar said:
gaelic is a irish language u have to go to ireland for that.

no irish gaelic is an irish language, scottish gaelic is scottish...

and welsh is also a form of gaelic (more true to the original language as I recall)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Heh, the scotts were Irish celts who went to blighty many moons ago, and were then pushed north by the saxons.

:)

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
still two different languages today :p

3 counting welsh (walish? :p)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Welsh is completely different to both irish and Scottish Gaelic - although it has the same roots, its as different as Danish and English :) Its also a lot more actively spoken (well, in Wales anyway ;))

Was an interesting article in new Scientist ages ago about dying languages - 10 times as many people speak Navajo than Welsh, but Welsh is an active language - it is the medium in 90% of the primary schools in North and Mid Wales (dunno about S Wales - its all smelly down there :eek: ) and in about 50% of secondary schools. Although Navajo is spoken by many more people it is predominantly by people who are 50+ and is expected to be completely dead within 50 years.

There you go - interesting scientific trivia for you :)

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
Its just a shame that a bad welsh accent sounds like the speaker is clearing their throat...

On the other hand, a softly spoken welsh accent can sound damned sexeh

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
<~~ has no accent :(

Been living in Leeds so long I have picked up a slight yorkshire accent ;)

Still speak Welsh (fairly) fluently though :)

And you're one to talk about accents - scouser you :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom