Want to work for WAR?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Read this and you could be a critical part of making WAR the best online game around.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Read this and you could be a critical part of making WAR the best online game around.

AHA! So there will be a branch in Ireland then? Does this mean a server i wonder?

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
a noobish question: what does a-levels mean? im not from the UK so i wonder is that like finished high school? =)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
WiiWii said:
a noobish question: what does a-levels mean? im not from the UK so i wonder is that like finished high school? =)

Darova Wiiwii :p

A-levels/highers are basically finishing high school yeah

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I don;t know what high school means exactly but A-levels are the 16-18 education just before University. The equivelant of the international baccalaureate (fucked if i know how to spell it though)

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
My definition of high school is school to about age 18-19. I translate the way it is in sweden where we finish something called gymnasiet at age 18-19. And that is the last school before university. This whole A-levels etc. confused me :S

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
an excellent level in french.

Oh sod that :(

You are required to be a native speaker or to know the French language. Please, I could apply for a job if English was my native language. KEH!

Any chance of applying as a non native speaker? :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
SoulFly said:
an excellent level in french.

Oh sod that :(

You are required to be a native speaker or to know the French language. Please, I could apply for a job if English was my native language. KEH!

Any chance of applying as a non native speaker? :(
Not quite sure what you mean Soulfly.
The localisation roles require very strong language skills as localisation = translation. The testing jobs (further down the page) only require good English (as all the documentation will be in English). Ideally you would be a native English speaker but if your English is strong enough you can still apply.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
more job openings now:

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning Community Manager

Reference : [MMGCM - EN]
Contract type : Undetermined length contract
Available in : January 2007
Salary : Depending on experience

Profile :
• Bachelor or more
• Advanced editorial skills in English (native language preferably)
• Good communication skills
• Good knowledge of online video games, primarily mmorpg
• Successful experience in community commitment (fan site, associations, in game guild leader ...)
• Proficiency in basic computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...)
• Knowledge of HTML and of web publishing tools is a plus
• Good general knowledge and intellectual curiosity
• Plusses : professional experience in the MMORPGs field, passion for video games

Mission :
GOA, France Telecom Online Games department, is looking for an English speaking Community Manager (CM) for his upcoming MMORPG - Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning. You will be the link between the player community and official websites, forums and game conventions. You will be in charge of keeping players posted on a regular basis via game portals (news, contests, etc) and show the developer the community feeling.
You will work within an international team and you will have to collaborate with customer support and the translation/localisation department.

Main functions :
Insure that in game experience is satisfactory by monitoring the server's communities.
Publishes and organizes regular editorial content on the portal (news, contests...)
Provides feedback to, and from, the community via boards.
Manage the communication between GOA and the fan sites
Collaborate with the marketing department during fan conventions and gatherings.
Help the marketing department to introduce the game to journalists.
Take part in the writing of a weekly report listing all the problems encountered and the solutions taken, as well as explaining the demands of the players.

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning Community Management Team Leader

Reference : [MMGHST]
Contract type : Undetermined length contract
Available in : January 2007
Salary : Depending on experience

Profile :
• Excellent communication skills and aptitude to teamwork
• Successful Management experience is a plus
• Professional experience in community management
• Advanced editorial skills in English and/or French (native language preferably)
• Fluent English
• Bachelors degree or more
• Proficiency in basic computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...)
• Plus : professional experience in the MMORPG field, passion for video games, knowledge of HTML and of web publishing tools

Job :
GOA, the video game department of France Telecom's "Content Division", is looking for a "Community Manager team Leader" for his upcoming MMORPG - Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning. You will be in charge of supervising the European team of Community managers and managing the communication between GOA and the players. With your team, you will be the link between the player community and official websites, forums and game conventions.
You will work within an international team , you will collaborate with the product manager and be dealing with other departments regularly. These include the QA, the localization and customer support departments as well as the EA-Mythic studio and other departments.

Main functions :
In coordination with the head content manager, define and enforce the community management policies.
Manage the English, German, French, Spanish and Italian community managers.
Work with the developer community teams to plan and organize all the communication to the community.
Provide European community feedback to both GOA and EA-Mythic.
Work with the marketing team on the exhibitions and the fan gatherings.
Assist the marketing team to present the game to the press

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
The official working language of the company is English and so if you only speak that then you can still apply for certain jobs (obviously translation won't be an option) and certain jobs require that you speak very good English. Yes knowing other languages is a plus, but there's a whole load of other criteria that we look at too, so don't be shy, apply :)

Serisouly, we're recruiting a lot of people for War.. if you think you meet the profile and want a shot at getting into the gaming industry then this is the time to do it. Obviously not everyone will get a place - I have more "good" CVs than I do openings already, but you definately won't get in if you don't try. There's also the chance that you may not meet the criteria for the opening you applied to, but do meet it for another opening (one that isn't necessarily advertised). We'll tell you if that's the case and it'll be up to you if you want to go for it or not.

As an example, I got into GOA by just sending my CV and a CL. I didn't respond to any opening, I just gave it a shot. Well I got in - went to the storyline, then handled versions for daoc for a couple of years and now I'm working on War. Been here over three and a half years and loving it :).

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If i do get a job, do i get to say: Working as intended !!! ?

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Got a MSc in Business Economics and Auditing... Don't you guys need someone to count your money??? ;)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I think it would be interesting, but not convinced that the salary would be enough. It would be expensive living in Dublin.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I think it would be interesting, but not convinced that the salary would be enough. It would be expensive living in Dublin.

They are currently revising their salary statements to match the city of relocation as we speak.

I recently had an interview with GOA and overall it was a nice experience to look back upon despite not getting the job.

However there are some new jobs here on the Manpower website (see below) with a whole spectrum of qualities required by the posts on offer. I will be applying again as the prospect of working for GOA is one that appeals to me.

http://www.manpower.ie/goa_jobs/default.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom