Want to work for WAR?

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by IainC, Dec 16, 2006.

1. IainC

IainC English WAR Community Manager

Read this and you could be a critical part of making WAR the best online game around.

2. Tallen

Tallen Fledgling Freddie

AHA! So there will be a branch in Ireland then? Does this mean a server i wonder?

3. WiiWii

WiiWii Loyal Freddie

a noobish question: what does a-levels mean? im not from the UK so i wonder is that like finished high school? =)

4. Rulke

Rulke Can't get enough of FH

Darova Wiiwii :p

A-levels/highers are basically finishing high school yeah

5. WiiWii

WiiWii Loyal Freddie

spasibo :D

6. pez

pez Can't get enough of FH

I don;t know what high school means exactly but A-levels are the 16-18 education just before University. The equivelant of the international baccalaureate (fucked if i know how to spell it though)

7. WiiWii

WiiWii Loyal Freddie

My definition of high school is school to about age 18-19. I translate the way it is in sweden where we finish something called gymnasiet at age 18-19. And that is the last school before university. This whole A-levels etc. confused me :S

8. SoulFly

SoulFly Can't get enough of FH

an excellent level in french.

Oh sod that :(

You are required to be a native speaker or to know the French language. Please, I could apply for a job if English was my native language. KEH!

Any chance of applying as a non native speaker? :(

9. IainC

IainC English WAR Community Manager

Not quite sure what you mean Soulfly.
    The localisation roles require very strong language skills as localisation = translation. The testing jobs (further down the page) only require good English (as all the documentation will be in English). Ideally you would be a native English speaker but if your English is strong enough you can still apply.

10. MaditioN

MaditioN Can't get enough of FH

SoulFly applying for WAR? DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!1111

11. [GOA]Erivoss

[GOA]Erivoss [GOA] Official type person

more job openings now:

12. [GOA]Erivoss

The official working language of the company is English and so if you only speak that then you can still apply for certain jobs (obviously translation won't be an option) and certain jobs require that you speak very good English. Yes knowing other languages is a plus, but there's a whole load of other criteria that we look at too, so don't be shy, apply :)

Serisouly, we're recruiting a lot of people for War.. if you think you meet the profile and want a shot at getting into the gaming industry then this is the time to do it. Obviously not everyone will get a place - I have more "good" CVs than I do openings already, but you definately won't get in if you don't try. There's also the chance that you may not meet the criteria for the opening you applied to, but do meet it for another opening (one that isn't necessarily advertised). We'll tell you if that's the case and it'll be up to you if you want to go for it or not.

As an example, I got into GOA by just sending my CV and a CL. I didn't respond to any opening, I just gave it a shot. Well I got in - went to the storyline, then handled versions for daoc for a couple of years and now I'm working on War. Been here over three and a half years and loving it :).

13. fettoken

fettoken I am a FH squatter

If i do get a job, do i get to say: Working as intended !!! ?

14. [GOA]Erivoss

nope, only devs and game designers can say that :)

15. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

And a Champion Level :eek2:

16. Meduza

Meduza One of Freddy's beloved

Got a MSc in Business Economics and Auditing... Don't you guys need someone to count your money??? ;)

17. SkarIronfist

SkarIronfist Fledgling Freddie

I think it would be interesting, but not convinced that the salary would be enough. It would be expensive living in Dublin.

18. Imgormiel

Imgormiel Part of the furniture

They are currently revising their salary statements to match the city of relocation as we speak.

I recently had an interview with GOA and overall it was a nice experience to look back upon despite not getting the job.

However there are some new jobs here on the Manpower website (see below) with a whole spectrum of qualities required by the posts on offer. I will be applying again as the prospect of working for GOA is one that appeals to me.

http://www.manpower.ie/goa_jobs/default.asp

19. Tallen

Tallen Fledgling Freddie

Think they have enough bean counters as it is ;)

20. Imgormiel

Imgormiel Part of the furniture

I wouldn't be so sure about that given that GOA's current staff count is still somewhere around 100 :p