Want news? ... check German section

T

ttillub

Goa has made 2 more posts on German section.

1. All german and english players get one (1) free day because of what happened.
-- from 40+ hours weekend shutdown that is not much of a compensation.

2. Avalon server problems are explained in a longer post and some important notes and instructions are given.
-- if indeed Excalibur was shutdown :) for same reasons they should asap give english players same info.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by finbahr
wtf does that say :)

lots and lots of waffle about paying for houses and what to do if yours was lost due to the outage.....

S

Sohan_THC

Still does not match.

1st I got LD 3 times with 2 accounts while on the raid.

they say we shut it down. --> how come 1 account was still logged in , and after that day im missing my bracer !!!!!! (pygmy so who care )

BUt if the problems are the same as other server and excal and avalon having it now .

how you explain this news then :

quote from http://camelot-europe.goa.com/en/home.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Open Transit will perform maintenance to their network tomorrow morning between 6.00 and 7.00 am CET. Connection to our servers may be unreliable in this period, but on the good side, the maintenance should help some of the trouble they have experienced the last few days.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the last " some of the trouble they have experienced the last few days "

YOU JUST SAID IT WAS SOME SERVER PROBLEMS !!!!!!

we went to broca server and i looked on the other 2 french also they had on that time 3000+ players on it.
there was NO lag AT ALL !!!

My idea is that some1 is running around the truth but fears to tell it :eek:

S

Sibanac

You guys realy crack me up.
Just waiting for a post about how GOA killed J.F.K. and helped fake the moonlandings

S

ssera

Originally posted by Sohan_THC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Open Transit will perform maintenance to their network tomorrow morning between 6.00 and 7.00 am CET. Connection to our servers may be unreliable in this period, but on the good side, the maintenance should help some of the trouble they have experienced the last few days.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the last " some of the trouble they have experienced the last few days "

YOU JUST SAID IT WAS SOME SERVER PROBLEMS !!!!!!

I think they're talking about the problems that Open Transit were having (which I'm pretty sure have nothing to do with the server problems). The first post about it is at: http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1646

S

Sohan_THC

Originally posted by ssera
I think they're talking about the problems that Open Transit were having (which I'm pretty sure have nothing to do with the server problems). The first post about it is at: http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1646

exactly ;)

so what server problems ??

we had massive lag saturday , sunday down , massive lag monday. and they fix something in the network.
but the server had problems , was shutdown but ppl were still logged in . or could it be the network that cuts us out ?

and if so ? why does prydem does not have that problem
or in avelon can the other 2 german servers

is the software not the same ?
is the hardware not the same ?
is the sys admin not the same ?

They digg a hole to cover it up
only they have to keep digging , we digg harder :)

S

Sibanac

exactly ;)

so what server problems ??

we had massive lag saturday , sunday down , massive lag monday. and they fix something in the network.
but the server had problems , was shutdown but ppl were still logged in . or could it be the network that cuts us out ?
Ok opentransit is not +GOA all that news item says is opentransit is working on their network, you may expiriance some problems during that time.

so GOA gives you info about possible problems beforehand yet you still whine

and if so ? why does prydem does not have that problem
or in avelon can the other 2 german servers

is the software not the same ?
is the hardware not the same ?
is the sys admin not the same ?
No not all hardware is the same, software isnt the same either then because DAOC servers are clusters so if hardware isnt the same then software isnt the same aswell.

You arnt uncovering anything here all you do is sound like a raving consipricy loony.

R

rose

What the hell you talking about Sibanac?

Do you work for GOA, cos I smell lots of bullshit in your posts, just like GOAs lame excuses for problems.

And how the hell do you know if the servers are clustered or not? You telling me you know their network infrastrucure?

Do you know what operating system their servers run etc?

Do you honestly think lots of people would post complaints about the quality of the service GOA provides for nothing?!?! Its simple mate, there service is crap compared to most other providers. For example if you ISP was down for 40 hours woudnt you complain?

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by rose

And how the hell do you know if the servers are clustered or not? You telling me you know their network infrastrucure?

Do you know what operating system their servers run etc?

Mythic gave some press release about their server platform.

And GOA hasnt upgraded pryd but excal and others have been upgraded and exact HW config of those servers is actualy known

S

Sohan_THC

Rolf i build cluster irl ;)

hmm my cluster don't go down like this.
oke are unix cluster but still even intel boxes can do it.
the sweet thing of clusters is switching a package.
node fail -> switch package to other node and restart it.
or you have a performance cluster like 2 node's
1 for authication 1 for dbase (game) if node fails
both packages go back to the working node
bit slower then but still working and cheaper then standby node.

hmm goa does not have clusters. otherwise we would not be down for 24h+ . or it means they have Single Point Of Failures
wich is a crime in clusters :)

besides the upgrade info tells us only 1 new server not 2 pieces of hw.
we just all fit in 1 19" cabinet with 9 blade servers in it. maybe a 10th for standby . a online storage unit probely some magstar tape libary orso. ordinairy side nothing special.
to control youre netwerk flow yeah that is difficult.

S

Sibanac

Rolf i build cluster irl ;)

hmm my cluster don't go down like this.
oke are unix cluster but still even intel boxes can do it.
the sweet thing of clusters is switching a package.
node fail -> switch package to other node and restart it.
or you have a performance cluster like 2 node's
1 for authication 1 for dbase (game) if node fails
both packages go back to the working node
bit slower then but still working and cheaper then standby node.

hmm goa does not have clusters. otherwise we would not be down for 24h+ . or it means they have Single Point Of Failures
wich is a crime in clusters :)

besides the upgrade info tells us only 1 new server not 2 pieces of hw.
we just all fit in 1 19" cabinet with 9 blade servers in it. maybe a 10th for standby . a online storage unit probely some magstar tape libary orso. ordinairy side nothing special.
to control youre netwerk flow yeah that is difficult.

There is a diffrence between HA( high availability) clustering and Application clustering.

What you discribe is HA clustering what DAOC and any other mmorpg uses is aplication clustering

O

old.Emma

37 hours down = 1 free day.. mmkay...

someone needs to go back to kindergarden imho

S

shamyn

and why are they giving a refund to all players anyway, not like everyone plays excal/avalon :rolleyes:

R

Ravenbourne

You only need to take a quick look at the camelot herald here to see what we should be getting. Goa's total lack of information is awfull. they give us a weekly news item which more often than not tells us nothing then after a server crash we may or may not get a little info detailing some excuse they made up while sitting on the toilet. customer support is non existent, right now is an utter joke and i am fairly sure its manned by a parrot.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Ravenbourne
You only need to take a quick look at the camelot herald here to see what we should be getting. Goa's total lack of information is awfull. they give us a weekly news item which more often than not tells us nothing then after a server crash we may or may not get a little info detailing some excuse they made up while sitting on the toilet. customer support is non existent, right now is an utter joke and i am fairly sure its manned by a parrot.

why exactly would we want info on readfiles made to the US servers? :)

take a look back through the past few months and count how often the US servers were down to patch ToA ...

we shouldn't get anything like that over here, we'll get a fixed 1.66 or 1.67.

S

Sichama

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
take a look back through the past few months and count how often the US servers were down to patch ToA ...

Yea 6 months after the US, and although "Fixed" they will have new bugs apparently because of the translation.

After what happened the last two days anyone who actually defends GoA for any reason deserves a "GoA Fanboy" special sticker.

T

Tesla Monkor

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
why exactly would we want info on readfiles made to the US servers? :)

Flim, you forget that almost all of athe a...z patches are ONLY added to the testserver (Pendragon). Once in a blue moon when the finish the current patch they add it to the live servers.

It's not like everytime something is added to the Herald all the servers are taking offline.

GOA's complete lack of information is, as most people have already pointed out, pathetic. If I could move my characters to the US version I'd be gone in the blink of an eye. Only the fact that I spend over two years building my current characters is what keeps me here. And that argument is losing ground very fast at this rate. Hell I can't even play on Prydwen right now, since Excal's crash fucked up my accounts. :p

K

Kedeligths

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
If I could move my characters to the US version I'd be gone in the blink of an eye. :p

Heard!

D

dwali

Originally posted by Sibanac
Mythic gave some press release about their server platform.

And GOA hasnt upgraded pryd but excal and others have been upgraded and exact HW config of those servers is actualy known

and i quote back...last post i saw on prydwen was that they hade upgraded it to samw cpu as the excal server is...and i play on pryd and there is no problem like this there..Excal and gorre must be same server

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1621

did server crash on this thread

H

Herohui

So wtf is wrong with excalibur, we just had less in odins with no doubt and it crashed :/

S

Solarius

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1597

This might be the cause, though I can't say for certain!

The 'more news on Friday' was a small snippet about how the maintainance has affected the chronicles. I can't find any news article saying if Prydwen has had this 'maintainance' or not, and can't read French or German well enough to see if any other server than Avalon and Excalabur have been attended to in this way.

Would help if GOA would tell us exactly what the problems are, but thats expecting a bit too much I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread