wanna make some dark age movies.

mincepie

Fledgling Freddie
can some 1 give me detailed instructions to get me started so i can start recording my game play please?

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
First and formost you need to get fraps.
fraps.com

After that you're basicly set with windows movie maker o_O
Although there is tons of more proffesional and better programs out there for it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
fraps to record
virtualdub to encode
microsoft movie maker to edit

Though for better quality use sony vegas or adobe premier, either buy them for $500 or so or <ahem> get them from somewhere else.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Download fraps from http://www.fraps.com and install it.
The program will appear in your task tray. You can set it up to record and stop recording on a certain key. Basically you just press it ingame to record/stop :)

The avi files fraps uses are uncompressed and are HUGE. But dont worry. Pop open movie maker and you can slice and dice it into clips, add fading and small effects to your movie. When saving out the file there are quite a few formats moveimaker will save out to. Can't remember of the top of my head which is best though for compression/quality. Some experimentation might be needed there to see which is best for your movie. (i.e if you have a huge movie, you will need to sacrifice quality to try and get the file size down).

If you can afford a copy, then I would highly recommend Adobe premiere, but I don't think anybody is mad enough to buy it just for making Daoc movies :)

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom