wanna be in my gang

S

SFXman

Right. I don't quite follow the "Ekslapippipur" part.

B

Brinx

I was going to post this in the Excal thread but it was closed by the time I'd typed it so I'm sticking it here instead seeing as the relevant people no doubt will read this thread. Sorry for hijacking your hijack :)

Edit: Added in original thread link so it might make a little bit of sense

--

Simply put, sod this.

We've moderated these boards with a lot of tolerance for their content over the past year. I tend to try not to interfere except where it's really necessary, as I believe one of the best signs of a good community is an ability of self-regulation. So other than residing with the OT masses, I keep moderation of the server boards to tidying around deleting and modifying and such the worse stuff as it makes the forum a nicer one to read as a whole. We've extremely rarely been heavy handed in anything because from day one that's not the way we wanted the forum to go. It would be very easy to take an approach such as on certain other boards and use more forceful moderation but instead we've spent many months daily trying to keep a good balance between the entertainment and right of voice the majority of flame threads give/gave and keeping a reasonable amount of order so that people who don't wish to participate or read those sorts of threads can enjoy the forum too.

I go through these boards virtually every day, most of the time multiple times each day as does Damini and other past and present mods. I have a lot of patience to leave a lot of things that could be easily moderated alone because I feel that they're part of a bigger issue being discussed and add to the forum. I've never moderated someone's view point simply because it doesn't agree with my own.

However, this I wont take.

You've come on here with the sole intention of causing trouble. I don't care how you word it, I don't care how you back-track it's simply fact. You aim to add absolutely nothing to community and solely to bolster your own 'image' on that 'forum' you have that apparently we're not allowed to talk about or reference to now that you're in the spotlight. I wonder why.

It's very clear that you came on here to try and get some attention. Mostly between one another. Hence linking from your boards for that sole purpose. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest sadly.

Not of course that I'm doubting you have that intelligence, just that's it's unfortunately misspent. Your attempts to back-track by focusing attention onto Damini, making yourselves out to be the victims, taking advantage of the fact that the worse posts/material were deleted, trying to shift the attention onto someone else posting jokes, attempting to belittle the forums as a whole by saying 'it's just a game', and so on were good although transparent and obvious. It also doesn't help your cause when you have posts on your boards blatantly showing your intentions.

I have no idea where you got this idea that you've just stepped into a great democracy where you should have every right in the world though. We've put great amounts of time into these boards and spent large amounts of money on asprin as a consequence. It's our community and the community of all those that post here, from the casual lurker who just likes something entertaining and sometimes informal to read on an evening to those who contribute a lot of posts and are very actively involved. Sometimes they might go over the top but that's something we're prepared to tolerate if it's within the context of a discussion and they're otherwise contributing something to our sometimes eccentric society. Unfortunately it's not yours. It's cute that you think you have the right to reverse bans, make out that a forum that's been running for a long-while happily is at fault, rather than a small group of people being too maladjusted to fit in.

I'd quite like to know how we're not open to, and apparently fear, 'change' as well. As Damini says, we have new people joining virtually every day. People come and go, some of them quiet, some of them bigger posters. Do you see them being banned? You call us small minded because we don't see your coming on here and instantly flaming and causing hassle for normal forum-goers as acceptable. Perhaps you should consider that you're the small minded ones for refusing to have the smallest amount of tact or social consciousness.

As I posted somewhere else, it's quite sad that we had to break the fact that we've only had to ban one person since forum creation. But needs must be met. No doubt 'Sparkle' will come back under yet another name and take advantage of the technical limitations of the board software and on a grander scale, the anonymity of the Internet. If I see that it's him again, I'll ban him without reservation. As Damini has said, him changing names makes absolutely no difference. If he changes his approach to becoming a part of this community, which I'd be very happy to see, then fine.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.tRoG
:eek7:

So, Brinx... Need another mod?
Pfft, there's no way in hell you can worm your way into being one :p
If there actually will ever be another one, it will be someone who has made plenty of rational posts and pretty much never appears on the OT board :p
I am not saying you don't make rational posts but you know... I never really say Tilda before till we had a new mod for example... or Lonewolf.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Plus if that fuckwit sparkle comes back, in any shape or form, nice or not, I'm letting Halo out of his cage.

B

BubbleCDR

Who's Halo?...
You could let me out my cage..
But i dont have one..
Oh well...
:m00:

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Halo is just someone that comes along when people's hatred is at their highest. He sucks it all up and spreads evil for a day or two.

Damini secretly loves him.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.0xygen
Like Germans the stupid are everywhere :puke:

Seriously.
Screw you for that racist shit. I would also like to call you a fag hat.

And Brinxie... if you were pixie.pjotr, I would have happily yelled "Jinkies!" or "ArrrrRRrr!" in Gombear's case.

Realizing, tho, that you are all hellfire and brimstone, I will just ask you for 'their' forum adress...
*flexes and cackles ewully*

Haven't done a good PICTAR!!!1 spam in a while.

:D

O

old.0xygen

You think I'm racist cause I said Germans are everywhere? Ohh please you could replace Germans with pretty much any other major country American, chinese etc.

O

old.0xygen

Actually now you've pissed me off. Its not racist Germany is an extremely prosperous country full of smart people why wouldn't they be everywhere

D

Damini

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
Halo is just someone that comes along when people's hatred is at their highest. He sucks it all up and spreads evil for a day or two.

Damini secretly loves him.

I refuse to believe you and him are the same. I like to think of you as two seperate entities confined to the same body, like Jekyll and Hide, or that man in Total Recall and the mutoid twin growing out of his belly.

I like the Fonz. I think of you affectionately as a Forumite.

Halo makes baby Jesus cry, and makes lots of people hit Report Thread.

That said, on some occasions, I might condone a mild spot of halo'ing.

Rude little shites.

Did I say that?

Yes. Yes I did.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.0xygen
You think I'm racist cause I said Germans are everywhere? Ohh please you could replace Germans with pretty much any other major country American, chinese etc.

Well, perhaps I have seen one too many "Oh, just like the <insert German/French>" lets-be-stereotypical-threads on BW?

O

old.neenee

sense.jpg

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hey, hey, hey... another picture spamming moron.

Now gently fuck off to the Albion boards again...

D

Damini

Now now Uncle sick... :twak:

What did we tell you about playing nicely?

Today has been horrid on the forums and we need the forumites to shine as beacons of civility to remind me and Brinx why we haven't run screaming into the distance yet.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Uhm... *coughs*... let me rephrase then.

"Huzzah, Neenee! Welcome to the OT boards and thank you, thank you, thank you for that funneh pictar!
I have always been a Mr. T fan. And seeing B.A. balancing an old lady on his lap arouses me to no end.
It might have been posted a couple of times but nobody here really minds. Every time we see that funneh pictar we laugh happily and try to come up with witty responses like:
'Look! B.A. is balancing an old lady on his lap, I think I have a woody! HAHAHAHA!!!"
So, thank you, thank you, thank you, Neenee for popping by to entertain us with a funneh pictar!
We all hope you will be back very soon to post more ret.. I mean - we hope you will be back very soon to entertain us with more funneh pictars without any comment whatsoever."

... going to bed now. I feel so... fake.

:p

O

old.neenee

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Hey, hey, hey... another picture spamming moron.

Now gently fuck off to the Albion boards again...

twat :clap:

D

Damon_D

With a name like that , I hope some one beats you up and burn you alive , you can say fuck off to Hitler , Heydrich and Himmler in Hell from me

S

SFXman

What the hell is up with this shit? Pictures that people post do not show-up. Emoticons still do, phew... eh.
Neenee... ah, wont even bother.

B

Belsameth

what the hell happened here?
I go away for a few days and land in the middle of a shitstorm?

behave kids, dammit!

S

SFXman

I have been here all the time and this had time to occur :eek7:

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Brinx
I was going to post this in the Excal thread but it was closed by the time I'd typed it so I'm sticking it here instead seeing as the relevant people no doubt will read this thread. Sorry for hijacking your hijack :)

Edit: Added in original thread link so it might make a little bit of sense

--

Simply put, sod this.

We've moderated these boards with a lot of tolerance for their content over the past year. I tend to try not to interfere except where it's really necessary, as I believe one of the best signs of a good community is an ability of self-regulation. So other than residing with the OT masses, I keep moderation of the server boards to tidying around deleting and modifying and such the worse stuff as it makes the forum a nicer one to read as a whole. We've extremely rarely been heavy handed in anything because from day one that's not the way we wanted the forum to go. It would be very easy to take an approach such as on certain other boards and use more forceful moderation but instead we've spent many months daily trying to keep a good balance between the entertainment and right of voice the majority of flame threads give/gave and keeping a reasonable amount of order so that people who don't wish to participate or read those sorts of threads can enjoy the forum too.

I go through these boards virtually every day, most of the time multiple times each day as does Damini and other past and present mods. I have a lot of patience to leave a lot of things that could be easily moderated alone because I feel that they're part of a bigger issue being discussed and add to the forum. I've never moderated someone's view point simply because it doesn't agree with my own.

However, this I wont take.

You've come on here with the sole intention of causing trouble. I don't care how you word it, I don't care how you back-track it's simply fact. You aim to add absolutely nothing to community and solely to bolster your own 'image' on that 'forum' you have that apparently we're not allowed to talk about or reference to now that you're in the spotlight. I wonder why.

It's very clear that you came on here to try and get some attention. Mostly between one another. Hence linking from your boards for that sole purpose. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest sadly.

Not of course that I'm doubting you have that intelligence, just that's it's unfortunately misspent. Your attempts to back-track by focusing attention onto Damini, making yourselves out to be the victims, taking advantage of the fact that the worse posts/material were deleted, trying to shift the attention onto someone else posting jokes, attempting to belittle the forums as a whole by saying 'it's just a game', and so on were good although transparent and obvious. It also doesn't help your cause when you have posts on your boards blatantly showing your intentions.

I have no idea where you got this idea that you've just stepped into a great democracy where you should have every right in the world though. We've put great amounts of time into these boards and spent large amounts of money on asprin as a consequence. It's our community and the community of all those that post here, from the casual lurker who just likes something entertaining and sometimes informal to read on an evening to those who contribute a lot of posts and are very actively involved. Sometimes they might go over the top but that's something we're prepared to tolerate if it's within the context of a discussion and they're otherwise contributing something to our sometimes eccentric society. Unfortunately it's not yours. It's cute that you think you have the right to reverse bans, make out that a forum that's been running for a long-while happily is at fault, rather than a small group of people being too maladjusted to fit in.

I'd quite like to know how we're not open to, and apparently fear, 'change' as well. As Damini says, we have new people joining virtually every day. People come and go, some of them quiet, some of them bigger posters. Do you see them being banned? You call us small minded because we don't see your coming on here and instantly flaming and causing hassle for normal forum-goers as acceptable. Perhaps you should consider that you're the small minded ones for refusing to have the smallest amount of tact or social consciousness.

As I posted somewhere else, it's quite sad that we had to break the fact that we've only had to ban one person since forum creation. But needs must be met. No doubt 'Sparkle' will come back under yet another name and take advantage of the technical limitations of the board software and on a grander scale, the anonymity of the Internet. If I see that it's him again, I'll ban him without reservation. As Damini has said, him changing names makes absolutely no difference. If he changes his approach to becoming a part of this community, which I'd be very happy to see, then fine.

I jus wanted to quote all that...teehehe....

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

I jus wanted to quote all that...teehehe....

*wants to kill the obnoxious seal...*:eek:

O

old.Tohtori

Oh come on! I can have some stuhpid fun now and then :D

S

SFXman

Yeah, except you seem to enjoy time amongst your stupid fun 24/7 ;)

H

Herbal Remedy

jigs gunz doesnt look in teh ot forumns mores his loss or he'd discover the joys of uncle sicks posts ™ how ever dendan used to be in gol and is now played by sol who hangs out in gols icq channel

anyway damini posted here so ill push gunz this way so he can brighten up teh ot forumns with an other poem for damini

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom