Wank.

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Tis an absolute load of shit that C4 calls 'programming' lately and this is no exception. It's just for contraversy and a desperate attempt at grabbing ratings in an age where it's popularity is fading.

I'm all for open minded thinking and programming, but it's just another attempt at getting ratings through smut TV :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Skyler said:
It's just for contraversy and a desperate attempt atgrabbingratings in an age where it's popularity is fading.

Sounds like ratings were not the only things the exectutives were grabbing ;)

Maybe they are trying a more "hands on" approach?

/smut off

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i dont see a problem with what was scheduled there. if it aired it would be the only thing thats appealed to me in a long time. maybe i shoudnt be so open mnded :(.
tv is fucking shit these days.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Since they've got their ass kicked by Top Gear (1.3m more viewes) I'm pretty sure they'll do anything to get ratings now.

Oh well, without Big Brother C4/E4 have nothing they can really play this season..

Sky 1 has Lost.
Sci-Fi has Heroes
BBC2 has Top Gear/Jon Ross

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Wank-a-thon (Zig Zag) -Looking at the UK's first public masturbation contest

wtf?

and wtf at the concept

just... wtf!

Overdriven said:
Since they've got their ass kicked by Top Gear (1.3m more viewes) I'm pretty sure they'll do anything to get ratings now.

Oh well, without Big Brother C4/E4 have nothing they can really play this season..

Sky 1 has Lost.
Sci-Fi has Heroes
BBC2 has Top Gear/Jon Ross

answer? buy dexter!:D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What's that I hear? Its the sound of the bottom of the barrel being broken and C4 digging a hole right under it. FFS

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah but C4 do have shameless, skins 2 great programmes imo

Whats ITV got?

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
There are countless great shows that probably wouldn't cost that much to bring to the UK for ITV/C4, just look at Channel 5 bringing Prison Break over. I've no idea how sucessful it is for them but they make a big deal of it and must get some good ratings since it's an exciting show.

C4 do have Desperate Housewives, Shameless (not as good as it used to be) and Skins (E4 so doesn't count).

There are plenty more shows they could get, old reruns of great programs work too. I'd certainly rather watch Peep Show repeats than some of the stuff they put on, even though I've seen every episode of Peep Show a stupid amount of times (that's just an example though).

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
they still have a double bill of friends twice a day...........

Tom

I am a FH squatter
And ITV have a double bill of The Bill :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Channel 4 is of course a mixed bag, but taking their network as a whole (More/E) they do all right in this age of choice.

Sparx said:
Whats ITV got?

ITV don't even make the survey these days. How they can possibly justify support four channels with their appalling programming boggles the mind. The last trailer I saw on there looked markedly like Torchwood; they're not even copying the BBC's good programmes.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I dont know why you are all so annoyed at C4 for having the wankathon. Its not as if its on for hours a day on all of their channels. Its all strictly apre-watershed and only lasts a week. I find even the very concept of big brother far more objectionable than a week of wank - its fun?

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
ITV needs to be putting on two Champions League matches a week again, Tuesday/Wednesday.. and I mean ITV1 not ITVmeaninglesschannel.

But that wont come close to saving them since you need a lot more than sport to have a good channel or channels.

I really don't have my TV on very often though, usually just for NFL on five, MOTD/Top Gear/Mock the Week/Louis Theroux on the BBC, Champions League (if Arsenal which it never is) on ITV and Shameless/Desperate Housewives on C4.

Most of that isn't on that often so you can see how little I use it atm :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
its amazing... these are all US shows cept shameless, but thats shit anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom