Walker

F

Freia

Originally posted by ghoul
Im just curious freia, do you think Walker/Sami and all our casters lag on purpose ? :)

What were we talking about again? hmm..

Oh yes, Ignorance!

You are still ignoring that maybe it isnt just ordinary network lag?

Lovely! Just lovely!

L

logan6

pitiful stance... always accuse players with some amount of skill that they cheat.. lame. You say so without any proof, thats just bullying ppl.

I get this not in sight shit all day with my NS.. just like some casters/archers get the not in range/no LoS stuff.

O

old.Pyrotechnix

Heh, I'm kinda amazed at this thread and still can't work out if people are actually serious or not.

I've been in SotL with from almost day 1 and have NEVER heard of any 'lag trick' discussed in officer chat and/or guild chat. That's fact.

So for those implying, and actually saying that more than 50% of our casters use this 'trick'.....well..... really....... you have my sympathy if you feel the need to get this self-delusional to try and tarnish our decent rep for rvr.

Regards,

Pyrotechnix
Servants of the Lake

E

Ezeine

Re: Most Sotl casters I have met use it

Originally posted by laga
More than 50% of the time when attacking sotl casters with my SB
they use the "trick". I know how its done but refrain from telling here since I dont like it. Not sure if its considered cheating since its done by using a feature in the game. Its very lame though. I'd prefer if youd stop...youre skilled enough not having to resort to such lame actions. I guess I am gonna be flamed asking me to prove it and shit. I am sorry...it cant be proven.

:lol: Mr. Muffin of the month :lol:

F

froler-mid

im serious about the 'trick'

done it a few times with my thane ;F

i dont really blame sotl either, just all casters that own me with 'not in view' trick ;>

dont really call it cheating either.

its just plain annoying ;FFFFFFFF (when your a assasin )

E

Ezeine

pwned. I guess this "trick" is called sidestepping ? :p

M

Melodic

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Walker > You.

hmm i didn't dispute that...I think I am a shite player but I play for fun and not to be uber

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by Melodic
What is this lag trick of yours that people keep talking about? I have never seen it myself so am just curious, wondering what it is and how he could possibly do it...

This is NOT a flame so please don't take it as such, having been toasted by you more than a few times does engender some respect.

ahh, you mean this trick? yeah its kinda uber ~~

http://m1.920.telia.com/~u92019020/sami.jpg

J

Jenna.

Re: Re: Re: Walker

Originally posted by old.Atrox

erm ?
that pic shows nothing.
a) You targeted Sami "over a hill" then turned around and she moe up.
or
b) Milegate/keep fighting whit jumping included.

c) you dont know shit what youre talking about?

Why would I post a ss like that if I was behind a damn milegate or she was behind some damn hill? It was flat ground and both were facing each others.

O

old.Atrox

Re: Re: Re: Re: Walker

Originally posted by Jenna.

c) you dont know shit what youre talking about?

Why would I post a ss like that if I was behind a damn milegate or she was behind some damn hill? It was flat ground and both were facing each others.

It might've been like you say, but the ss still doesnt show shit..
try again

Z

zapzap

Maybe we should put up a training class for all these tricks :/

Think any who have played sb know how to do them or have encountered them.

Dont need bad ping for this to happen dont need 128 ram labtop for this to happen.

Sometimes when i craft I sit and watch my girlfriend play and it's so obvious when it's done on purpose, only time Iam not sure is when they have DAOX on and playing 2 players on same pc, which
also will create big lag spikes.

Well mythic makes it possible so can't really blaime people for doing it .

Same with making it possible to make a mezz work after a stun even almost no time has passed, Iam sure all healers would love this, think albs would luuve it also.

There are 2 ways to get a not in weiv provoked, 1 u can do not even knowing u did it other is just a bad cheat mythic said they would fix ( back in 1.45) I think it was.

All this said yes casters are the the masters of this, they really must hate stealthers , probally since nukers have the biggest benefit of being able to nuke and not getting hit.

Iam not pointing fingers and saying this and this person cheats, but really think most people know what iam talking about here.

nerf all of you making me write so much I will now be too tired to play :p

Zapsis
Zapsi

O

old.Atrox

same thing with people running through the caster to screw their spell...

not saying that anyone do these "lag tricks" only that running through the caster are just as bad...

E

-ElemenT-

When Walker played Midgard for a day, I sticked to him cause I was guarding him and he does have that "laggy" connection is seems.
It wasn't me because when I sticked someone else it was gone + he fell behind a couple of times.

Maybe it's a trick or just his shitty connection. :m00:

L

lakih

Originally posted by old.Pyrotechnix
So for those implying, and actually saying that more than 50% of our casters use this 'trick'.....well

SotL haveing shortage of casters? :D Only heard Walker's and Sami's name mentioned...

About the BBB lag (Walkers ISP, and mine for that reson). The lag from mid october to 1st/2nd week of january was VERY bad, you could sometimes get 15 sec spikes (cast instaDD, whait 15 sec thinking "hmm... ld?" and then boom, DD fire's), using styles, or any kind of melee, during this time was... well... tough, as everything else kept going as usuall. :rolleyes:

Now the odd thing is that ive heard of Walker's... erm... "skills" both before and after this... (And the lag is pretty much gone).

O

old.SadonTheGrey

Atrox is right though, fighters always run 'throgh' casters so we can't do anything at all, not even quickcast root. By the time I've used /face quickcast root and sprint away I'm pretty much deaded anyway. 4 seconds is a long time for a caster in melee :p

Gifv l337 connection here too plz, I wanna abuse bug!!!11

W

walkerb

think someone has been killed 1time to many
ITS THE TRICK!!

C

cougar-

change lastname now, i wanna see TexasRanger instead of Boh

O

old.Lianuchta

This is a variation of screenshot jumping ain't it? Tried it myself a few times, but I get completely lost when I do it :p

E

erl

Originally posted by old.SadonTheGrey
Atrox is right though, fighters always run 'throgh' casters so we can't do anything at all, not even quickcast root. By the time I've used /face quickcast root and sprint away I'm pretty much deaded anyway. 4 seconds is a long time for a caster in melee :p

Gifv l337 connection here too plz, I wanna abuse bug!!!11

Shouldn't be a problem is you use /face all the time. If you don't, suit yourself ;).

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by erl

Shouldn't be a problem is you use /face all the time. If you don't, suit yourself ;).

I do use it and it's still a problem

Users who are viewing this thread