Waiting for a spot...

O

old.Stang

My intension today was to get atleast another half ding, not so hard at Lair if you be lucky to find a group there, and that is the problem, logged at 2pm to get on the list hoping to receive an invite at 8-9 pm enough time to play but... Asking the LK at 9pm what my current position was on the list (i was 10 at 2pm) She said "sorry group breaked up" asked for the new LK for that group, hmm no response first from anyone there but anyway again i was nr10. Bah everyone want to exp to 50 asap, then the real fun starts, no more exp, no more waiting and to be forced to play alts. Still 50 is a long way to go on Midgard, With my playing time i could be 60 atleast :) and i still understand why ppl prever to be on the list and playing alts, i played (soloing) alot in DF, it can be awesome exp and good loot but also there groups are rare. I dont want to complain, there is enough writen about lists but still i dont understand why it is so hard to find an exp group for 45+ without lists and with so many uncamped exp zones...:(

O

old.anubis

malmo lair is THE BEST exp spot in midgard, maybe even in all three realms
you wont find such a place anywhere, stable 4 mobs add, purpl (some protectors are red) for 50, safe place to pull, and the main thing - very very good spawn rate

Z

Zill

I agree Malmo is the best place to exp at your lvl. My advice to you, if it's possible is to log on between 9 - 10 am (GMT) as this is usually the time period when players start to log in and form groups.

G

Garnet

I disagree.. i think the best is a group in DF hunting nightmares and mahrs :)

O

old.m0000

df is good but spawn generally sucks, u have to move around, its not stable as u could be zerged by loads of idiots (albs) or overpowered twats (hibs).

S

stabba3

Fastest way to lvl in malm is to always make your own groups, alot more work than just waiting on the list tho, but if you have 10h that you want to spend xping you might aswell do it in a good group :). Just remember to be picky on the important classes, starting off with the -AFK "feeding cat" healer is gonna make the whine spread like cancer :).

R

Runolaz

I don't think you will find a better XP-place than Lair. It is the nr 1 XP-factory in Midgard. The reason I think most ppl rather stay on the list than forming a new grp for Raumarik / DF is that they don't want to bother moving out of Lair etc.

As Anubis said one thing that makes Lair special, and that is the spawn-rate. You won't cap your XP on each mob, but the spd makes up for it. The down side of the Lair is the list, and w8ing for getting into a grp. This is a problem for those that work 09.00-17.00, beacuse at the time you get back home you will be nr. 10+ on the list and probably will not get a spot b4 23.00 = effectivly 2 hours of possible XP. With this in mind you could probably be better off doing Raumarik/DF, and stick to Lair in the weekend. You'll have to get up early though, around 07.00 to get a spot rigth away in Lair.

A small team of SB and shaman can do great in Raumarik/DF, I soloed the last 2.8 with my friends lvl 45 Shaman (as a buffbot/healer). Specially DF was great with 40-60mill xp pr. mob constant pulling.

Because of the lower spawn-rate in Raumarik/DF you will probably do better with smaller grps. That way you won't clean the spot rigth away.

H

Haldar

i made my 43-50 in 4 weekends, was logging in at 6.00 gmt each day (9.00 Moscow time), formed groups and exped whole day.

W

Weeping Willow

I also thought that exping in lair from 43-50 was pretty harmless, it took about two weeks or something (some days no exping at all, some little, and some 12 hours). Some times listkeepers were stupid, but most of the time it was ok.

M

Mundokar

Took me about 2 weeks to get from 43 to 50 in lair. I work from 900-1730 and have a family. So i logged on at 1900 and asked to be placed on the list of the varies groups that pulled at lair. When the kids were finally sleeping (around 2100) i logged on for the evening. Most of the time i had to wait 5-15 mins before i got a group. Weekends were of course out of the question. In those 2 weeks i played a lot till 0300 ;) which was somewhat of a battle against sleep the next day at work :) My goal per evening was half a level. I only failed that objective once.

X

Xandax

Well having spend upto 9 hours on g1 lists as #1 in line for a group (heh :rolleyes: ) a couple of times - I know Stangs frustrations very well :)

Luckily I have little problem - most of the time - with soloing (can get annoyed when it doesn't go as it should, and have had a couple of close calls regarding rerolling at level 47) - so the main bulk of my exp from level 47 and to now have been soloing in Spindelhalla. (have soloed about 90% of level 47- 49.15)

It is not fast - but it is a steady income, and it beats sitting on a hill being annoyed that people don't seem to want SBs in group at Malmo :)

O

old.Stang

Hmmm, i gived up Malmo for now, 2 days on the list without a spot is a bit depressing. Iam soloing now in DF to get some exp, gold and seals for my crafter. I hope i can make some free time in the morning next week and maybe then i can find a group there.

K

katt!

i get up early in the morning and get a group, its the only way to be sure to get a group since most listkeepers have something against sbs :/. so dont bother with lists if you are sb, you will get on the "just tell him a random number" list anyway - time is better spent doing something else (in or out of game).

W

Weeping Willow

I always got a spot at lair even though I was a SB. Dunno why I got in and most other people seems to say that they don't get in as a SB.

R

Runolaz

I only had problem with a LK once, all the other times from 42.5 - 49.72 I had no probs. what so ever getting a group. If you work normal hour and cannot play langer than 24.00 I suggest planing for a weekend marathon, but remeber you need to get up really early to get that spot without getting into the list.

Users who are viewing this thread