Vote for Home invasion server.

B

Belsameth

a co-op server sounds interesting, for a while at least..
especially if it's'(semi) rp.

Chi_: l0l@sig :p

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Spudgie
Make co-op and home invasion servers and allow you to char-copy to them imo

Thats the answer but money horny goa would rather make you level. So the server wont become a success :p

G

Gadd

Originally posted by Jenkz
say again, coop is not underpopulated? no its just the 3rd least played for the 2nd night in a row peak time US.....

the U.S have different playing styles to us, we like certain things, they like certain things and how can you tell if we made a co-op server that it would be underpopulated! we'd have french and german people playing on it aswell, so when you think about it's not a european co-op not an english co-op. and with the amount of german and french players rising i can't see it being underpopulated.

T

The Kingpin

Seriously, wtf is the point of co-op server, if you have /char copy :eek:

N

nott

I play on Gaheris from time to time and loving it, except for the timezone difference :-\

1000 people on primetime is not underpopulated for coop. Think about this. If you want to play pve on a regular server how many people are "online" for you then?

A full server is about 3000 right? Say all realms are balanced thats 1000 people in each realm. Then you can deduct all the pure rvr-people. How many is left? And you only have 1 realm to explore instead of all 3.

K

Kahland

give new rvr zone for lvl50 only or summit that 3 realms can port to.

A

Aule Valar

the co-op/pvp server sounds pretty cool, co-op in homerealms, pvp in fronteir, stops huge zergs as its every guild for themselves, but still means you can play co-op to exp

J

Jenkz

Originally posted by Gadd
how can you tell if we made a co-op server that it would be underpopulated!

i said the CURRENT coop on US is "underpopulated", as in, it has less players than the main servers. and the last two nights peak time US that has been proven with the 2xPvP and 1xCoop being the least populated servers.

if people want a seperate coop server for europe they are entitled to one, imo, i just dont like the seperate-server nonsense as it eventually leads to underpopulated servers + gameplay you MUST level to 50 again on another server to experience.

C

cHodAX

Agreed Jenkz, after the initial rush the co-op numbers will dive fast. Not many people who have played this game for over a year would be likely to exp yet again to 50 purely for a PvE only character, sure a few will but the majority won't. Copying exisiting characters to that server won't work either as 25k people would all be trying to play on one server, that means it will be everyone exping from level one and with the new 1.62 PvE code we all know how hard that is going to be.

L

lairiodd

Copying exisiting characters to that server won't work either as 25k people would all be trying to play on one server,
Well if thats true .... then it would be popular :). Btw, other than the fact that having people level on a new server leads to people playing for longer, there is the fact that having to level a char makes the char more important to you.

Possible ways to get around problems for those who would like to play a new server but dont want to do the leveling up again ( btw ... I cant see people who would like to go to a pve only server considering the level grind unacceptable ... but anyway :) )

- /chartransfer - this means you lose your original char

- /charcopy - where your new char is 80% of the level of the old one ( + detrains all skills probably )

- /level 40 - for the first few weeks, maybe and /level 40 chars are deleted after 3-4 weeks if they havent got to level 45 by then, then switch to /level 20 only

Btw, I think that the reason people want home invasion is so that theres one more thing for a realm to do after it has captured all the relics and keeps. A better solution would be to add way more rvr zones and way more border keeps, so that a frontline is created. Currently there is no war feeling in this game. You dont lose territory if you lose a keep really and anyway keeps make very little difference. Obviously some kind of balancing system would be needed ( like the defenders get some kind of advantage with being closer to their homeland ... could be something as simple as faster travel times ot maybe bonuses to hit )

Users who are viewing this thread