Gadd

woo hoo vote co-op!

your a bit late polls have been up for a few days now :spin:

M

mavericky

I would vote for Home invasion, sounds more fun than a PVE game

P

parisienscot

Yeah Home Invasion sounds better than Co-op - guys do you really want a server with no PVP... ever? I'd rather prise my toenails off with a rusty screwdriver personally.

S

starblade

Originally posted by parisienscot
Yeah Home Invasion sounds better than Co-op - guys do you really want a server with no PVP... ever? I'd rather prise my toenails off with a rusty screwdriver personally.

No need to start that whole discussion again. All servers have people pro / contra. If you want Home Invasion ... vote home invasion and don't come nagging about people voting coop ;)

S

starblade

So you're the one with me names then
<lendan & lendana>
:D :p

C

Cheesehound

bleh.

keeps throwing me to the sub page when i type in my game password, any of that happened to you guys?, and now each time i type in my sub password it just loads then comes back to the sub-page and wants me to type in the password again.

bummer dude :\

G

Gadd

personally i think the best idea is the co-op/pvp server

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Whats home invasion? :p

you get to invade your enemys realm, so in other words guards at the 2 frontier keeps (Svausd/Vind to give midgard examples) are killable, and you can bust in and kill grey con Xping Mystics and Vikings. Personally i don't know why they didn't put this in the original server designs it sounds awsome :)

G

Gadd

Originally posted by Archeon
you get to invade your enemys realm, so in other words guards at the 2 frontier keeps (Svausd/Vind to give midgard examples) are killable, and you can bust in and kill grey con Xping Mystics and Vikings. Personally i don't know why they didn't put this in the original server designs it sounds awsome :)

sounds kinda difficult to me, if one realm gets really hard it seems kinda impossible for the other realms to recover and everyone would switch the winning side. and how are you s'posed to level if the area you wanna go to do some low leveling is swarming with hundreds of strong people

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by starblade
So you're the one with me names then
<lendan & lendana>
:D :p

LOL Do you have any idea how many times I get PMs that were meant for you ;)

Got Lendan from random name generator by the way ;)

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by starblade
No need to start that whole discussion again. All servers have people pro / contra. If you want Home Invasion ... vote home invasion and don't come nagging about people voting coop ;)

Actually I'm not even too sure that Home Envasion would be that great - I mean how much fun can ganking greys at Ardee water beetles be? Well quite a lot - but only the first few times I imagine!

However I personally think a no PVP server would be really boring just wanted to express that - OK I'll go lie down again!

G

Gadd

However I personally think a no PVP server would be really boring just wanted to express that - OK I'll go lie down again!

well vote for that co-op/PvP server seems like the best option to me good all round mix of pvp and co-op, just seems like the best possible server choice

S

starblade

LOL Do you have any idea how many times I get PMs that were meant for you ;)

Got Lendan from random name generator by the way ;)

lolol .... :D

W

wildpt

Omg Coop Server no, when u reach 50 the game ends there is nothing to do after that.

I vote home invasion 4tehwin!

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Gadd
well vote for that co-op/PvP server seems like the best option to me good all round mix of pvp and co-op, just seems like the best possible server choice

Yeah might be ok that.

L

lairiodd

Btw, in the pvp/coop server would you still lose con when you die ? I can see that as a major disincentive for people to go out into the frontier. It would either massively increase zerging because people dont want to die or would mean people wont pvp without the perfect group.

N

n00b79

homeinvasion4tehwin :D
coop sounds so boring tbh, what is there to do when you ding 50 and you have killed everything that is possible to kill with your guild/alliance ?

M

mib666

My vote goes for home invasion. A solution to stop one realm smashing the other to bits would be to limit the amount of time you could spend in the enemies homeland, maybe 7 hours a week? No idea how this could be implemented though

E

Ekydus

Ooh goody. Co-op... Endless PvP with a larger arsenal of characters.

Yeah. Like I'm gonna vote for that.

Y

Yussef

To be honest, a dred/gaheris server is better for the game, not much of the frontier is worthy of PvE only elements, you basically have GG and GS and 3 mini summoners to kill, so Gaheris is a bit of a waste.

Then again, it depends on your keep taking stance I guess.

Oops, forgot about epics.

If DF is a proper warzone, may be a tad tricky to convice you ^^

L

lairiodd

A better way for implementing home invasion would be something like putting more bk at the borders between some of current the rvr zones. Even better would be adding alot more rvr zones with more bks so to actually manage a home invasion you need to break through a few lines of bks. It would also add to the alarm of the realm that is being attacked ... they wouldnt wake up one morning with enemies in their realm, it would happen after a few weeks of pressure.

Maybe two at the enterance to emain, hadrians and odins and link up those 3 zones somehow, probably by one zone that they are all connected to.

Possible rules:

Both bk start out being owned by the home realm

If you control both of the border keeps in a specific frontier, then they can also count as a portal keep

bk's in a home zone are always usable as a pk, even if you only own 1

pk's in hadrians/emain and odins would be removed ( or maybe left and be takable too )

bk guards are normally immune to damage. However, it is possible for a char to remove that immunity at most once every 7 real time days. This effect lasts for 6 real time hours. The player must specify the bk they want to be capable of attacking and must give 2 days notice ( i.e. they can give notice 4 days and 18 hours after they lost the ability to damage the guards the last time).

The info on numbers and levels of enemies who have given notice would be available on the herald. Probably giving total number of level 50's, total 40+ and overall total for each hour. This is to allow the defending realm time to prepare a defense

Bk guards do very little damage to people who can attack them. Basically, the reason for giving notice is to allow a realm notice so it can defend the bk with real players if they dont then they deserver to lose the bk

The current bks would still be pretty hard to penetrate. To take them you need to control both of your own bk's and both of the target realms 2 new bks. Also, the guards would still be probably around relic realm difficulty and would continously pop like a relic keep ( i.e. the last line of defense bks wouldnt be takable, but it should be possible to keep the guard spawn at bay with a reasonable force )

Maybe also require that a realm owns both its home bks before it can attack enemy ones ( like relics )

Graphics engine upgrade so it can handle lots of people at once :)

As with anything, you need a reason to capture the keeps while at the same time somehow not just making the powerful more powerful.

Suggested bonus for capturing bk's

Everyone who is within range of the bk when it falls gets a rps bonus. There would be a total number of rps, maybe 1 - 10 million that would be split between everyone. This means attacking with a smaller force gets more rps per person.

General benefits of controlling enemy bks

Access to relic keeps - without control of at least one enemy bk, you couldnt do a relic raid

Access to more frontier zones - this means that exping in the frontier becomes more difficult

Possibly more destinations for teleport from your teleport bk

Benfits of controlling home bks

Frontier zones are now safe for realm players ( if you own both )

Last line of defense bks would be safe ( for at least 2 weeks )

Relics are safe

Access to emain/odins/hadrians, if the 2 home bks are under enemy control then you dont get access to those zones.

G

Gadd

you complain about the co-op server being boring when you hit 50 which your probably right, but have you read the actual co-op server details on the herald

you get to fight with npc's who take keeps and u get realm points of those and they attack keeps etc frequently so there's always something for a level 50 to do on a co-op.

Users who are viewing this thread