VOTE for 1.29

O

old.RoganJosh

I know this is quite a contentious subject, but it's not going to go away. Can we hold a vote for the upgrade of the Barrysworld Quake 3 servers, I have been using 1.29 for months, and yes I have a 1.27 install for getting onto Barrysworld, and I can tell you which is better. No. I don't want spammed for my opinions - especially by those who haven't even tried 1.29 or say it can be crashed by hackers - those problems have all been ironed out. More servers are currently using 1.29 than 1.27. Even Aardvark - one of my faves have upgraded. And the best place for urban terror at the moment is the Dutch Chello servers.

In summary, can an admin please set up a voting page for opinions on this subject?

Please? :(

Come on lets be democratic about this. :clap:

C

Chameleon

Imho it's best to leave the BW servers as they are, as the point release is only a BETA. It's only a short while to wait before ID release it 'proper', so i'd prefer to wait tbh. A lot of public servers are running the BETA, but BW has a big Q3 league side to it and there are a large amount of players competing in these who i would assume, like me, want to just play one version of q3 at a time and I doubt very much that Bigfoot wants to run league servers using BETA versions of Q3.
That's my opinion on it anyway, but I can see ya point.

Ch@m

W

Wazzerphuk

No GSP will ever go to 1.29* no matter how many people vote. It's beta, buggy and has MAJOR security issues that allows users to actually bring the server down. Be patient and wait.

O

old.Wils

1.30 is due out 'soon'.

BW have never run beta patches, and in the past they've been proven right not to on a number of occasions. When everywhere else is getting screwed over by a dodgy patch, BW tends to be stable and still playable.

Hassle id to release the final 1.30, not BW :)

O

old.Wils

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk
No GSP will ever go to 1.29* no matter how many people vote. It's beta, buggy and has MAJOR security issues that allows users to actually bring the server down. Be patient and wait.

I think 1.29h fixes the crash exploit. All 1.29 patches fix the 'q30wnerz' packet originator exploit, anyway. The main problem with 1.29h is the overzealous sound code, which promptly bombs q3 if it comes across a slightly corrupt wav file (which would otherwise play normally in previous versions of q3). This was causing a few mod teams headaches, including WFA and Q3F :|

E

Embattle

Wazz is right...beta patch never get used by GSPs.

W

Wazzerphuk

I don't need encouragement, I know I'm always right anyway! :p

N

natrat

We'll upgrade the servers when a non-beta is released. PR 1.30 final is due soon, according to Duffy.

W

Wij

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk
I don't need encouragement, I know I'm always right anyway! :p

Don't make me come over there !

W

Wazzerphuk

OK, that's freaky. In another forum I reply with the same smilie to you, come here, check this and you've done the same...

W

Wij

weird eh.

i'm gonna run away cos i'm quite scared...

*run*

O

old.RoganJosh

Originally posted by natrat
We'll upgrade the servers when a non-beta is released. PR 1.30 final is due soon, according to Duffy.

Yahooo!!!
:clap:

Thankyou!!
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom