Volley versus buffbots: volley WINS

T

Tesla Monkor

SFXman: Yeh, I have a buffbot -- It's not exactly a secret. You might also want to know that I've not really RvR'd in the last two months. :)

Mostly busy with levelling alts (Midgard and Albion), working on my crafters, and exploring SI. Since my respec, I can actually use stealth and explore dungeons in SI.

As for the Volley.. People are making a whole lot of noise over nothing. No archer will, in blind faith, start ploinking arrows into a PK hoping he or she'll hit a few bots. Camo would be gone all the time, and worse yet, they'd be fully visible for nearly 30seconds as they lob arrows in the air.

Aside from that, but I'm not 100% sure of this, they can't even get a GTAoE cursor INTO the Midgard PK, since the walls aren't sloping. (This is the one weakness of Hibernian keeps). In theory an assassin could climb into the keep, target a caster and give the loc to the archer using /groundassist, but I don't think an assassin would scale the PK walls and live. ;)

F

Flimgoblin

I've gtaoed inside hibernian keeps... :)
the cursor just goes through the wall..

it's class though :) anti-buffbot-squads ;)

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Aside from that, but I'm not 100% sure of this, they can't even get a GTAoE cursor INTO the Midgard PK, since the walls aren't sloping.
That screenshot posted above shows a shaman dead on the teleport pad (unless they've moved it recently, that would be located well inside the Midgard PK).

T

Tranquil-

You can move the cursor through the walls on keeps with vertical walls, thus being able to ground target inside the keeps. On keeps like Dun Crauchon the walls are sloping which means you can place the cursor on the walls and in the lord room. You can still place the groundtarget in the court yard if you move the cursor over the walls.

I don't think that elevation settings(z axis) work on volley like a normal gtaoe caster can adjust with his mousewheel. Not completely sure about that though.

F

Falcon

As for the Volley.. People are making a whole lot of noise over nothing. No archer will, in blind faith, start ploinking arrows into a PK hoping he or she'll hit a few bots.
I bloody well will :p I don't even bother to try and use Camo nowadays. Doubt I'll get the RA points for volley though tbh.

A

Alrindel

I want to try volley on Gorre, if at all possible, before I decide. Right now it's volley OR true sight OR ignore pain, and I still have too much fun with true sight to want to give it up.

A

Aule Valar

really you need enough archers to kill the buffbots in one volley, then and to be able to have a hope against the assassin legions that'll probably be converging on you afterwards

S

Svartur

I wonder if this is possible with rangers and hunters to. Hunters range = thesuck

T

Tranquil-

Volley range is still long range I think, I don't think it's limited by bow. Anyhow if it is, it's just 200 /loc units. With the already long range on it I doubt it will make much of an impact.

A

Arumar

nice! take out the buffs at last!
hmm, let's see... couldn't get to keep door! being hit for 200 a time! over a long time! where they all encumbered or something??? or did they just have the most pathetically low amount of hp ever??

S

skile

I'm gonna love 1.60 :). But I'm not satisfied on one thing. Why aren't archers added a extra /respec realm?. Tanks got this with the reduce of IP and Purge points. Now archers get their Volley and Longshot reduced, but we don't get a respec. We need to be lucky to get a respec-orb from our dragons.

- It's unfair, It's mythic.

S

Sharma

i see a CSR thing, omg ban this dewd i keeelid meh buffbot

twat.

S

skile

Originally posted by Alrindel
I want to try volley on Gorre, if at all possible, before I decide. Right now it's volley OR true sight OR ignore pain, and I still have too much fun with true sight to want to give it up.

Cost of volley and longshot = 14.
Cost of truesight = 10
Cost of ip: 23

V+L+TS= 24

I'm getting both V+L+TS to change with IP&FA.

S

skile

Also getting Aug dex III, mastery of archery II. And respeccing to 50 bow :). Let the fun begin! :).

T

Tesla Monkor

I spec'd down from 50 bow to 44 in order to get my insta-pet. The damage difference between 50 and 44 bow is not so large that I even noticed.

One thing I did notice is that you either hit for a lot, or a pathetic amount.. There don't seem to be many people who fall in between. ;) 45(-10) and 453(-30) as I recall from last night's RvR excursion. (First time in ages.)

It doesn't compare to being nuked for 1650 damage in about 4sec. (PBAoE'd by one of those sickening chanters for 600, 600 and 450. ;P)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by skile

Cost of volley and longshot = 14.
Cost of truesight = 10
Cost of ip: 23

V+L+TS= 24

I'm getting both V+L+TS to change with IP&FA.

currently it's 24 points just for volley and longshot :(

G

Gallak

but it won't be when Volley becomes worth having ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom