Volley assist

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
After spending the last few days on Gorre playing New Frontiers I have made a few observations. I was kind of shocked to see so many scouts standing on the edge of the battlements and trying to get crit shots off whilst leaving themselves exposed for long periods. I know that the realm points for a single kill are better than that for a volley assist kill but surely it is better to win the battle whilst making lets say 4k rather than losing but making 5k.

I am not sure if it is just because it is everyman for himself on Gorre at the moment but alot of scouts don't seem to be using thier skills to the maximum, by that I mean using volley and ground target assisting. The one time I saw it being using properly on Gorre by 4 scouts it was devastating, it literally wiped half the enemy zerg in under 2 minutes, with a good GT spotter (shame Visit quit:( ) it really can make a massive difference to any battle. Even more so if all the scouts have Falcon's Eye at a good level.

Anyway, I am not trying to tell people how to play or come across as an expert of any kind. I just wanted to point out that if we work properly as team and use our full range of abilites then it will make keep raids/defence so much more productive for our realm. I am sure the Mids/Hibs will be working along the same lines and if we play as a disorganised rabble the no matter how many people we have they will still beat us. It has happened before, let's not let it happen again ;)

To coin an old phrase 'volley assist is your friend' ;)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
but most the people who playing stealthers on gorre have no idea how the class works.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Dont worry Cho, there'll be enough fotm scouts at the keep that its a sure thing there'll be at least 10 on each enemy :touch:

leviathane

Part of the furniture
tbh having played both hunters/scouts and infy on gorre, i prefer the infy, viper, vanish mastery of stealth really good :) still nice n op class imo.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
tbh having played both hunters/scouts and infy on gorre, i prefer the infy, viper, vanish mastery of stealth really good :) still nice n op class imo.
shame only viper worth it is viper3, only vanish worth it is vanish3 and mos will need ~lvl4 on a proper server for it to be any use.

Thats only all rsp till rr9 gone then ><

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
bigchief said:
shame only viper worth it is viper3, only vanish worth it is vanish3 and mos will need ~lvl4 on a proper server for it to be any use.

Thats only all rsp till rr9 gone then ><

Bit off topic but what would you say are the vital RA's for an Inf in NF?

A

Aoln

I've been playing with vanish 1 and it's definately worth it.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
I've been playing with vanish 1 and it's definately worth it.
only for clearing pet agro and tbh ive managed 18months with that problem, im sure i'll survive.

Cho ive nfi atm, cant decide myself. The 'good' things end up so expensive that I have nothing left for anything else and only going 3/5 and 1/3 levels in most things seems a bit wank.

Flombert

Fledgling Freddie
I do know that assist is your friend... never been on NF test server so don't know the knew layout of keeps... but imagine this, everyone with gt, on realm take on a defended keep, have different targets, the interupt will be awesome if you can cover the ground, when you get inside then all gt'ers make sure that everyone is still interupted no matter where they are. If this was possible, it is if you work on it, then all casters are neutralized. That will win almost every keeptake.

Imagine 8-16 gt'ers targeting a lord rooom... lol.

Imagine gt'ers spamming all the ground in a keep...lol, neutralize those casters or other ranged attacks when you interupt them...

Just an idea... Imagine how easy it would be to take a keep if you interupt every caster healer or damage dealer inside a keep...

Do not think that gt is nerfed even if you are solo on it... the interupts can win the battle...

Anyone ever tryed to bring 8-16 scouts to a keep and loc on lord room, all volleying same target... anyone ever Imagined a keeptake where you have 8-16 scouts covering all ground inside keep? well just an idea, think about it, what kills you when you try and take a keep, seriously it ain't the melee...

Useless rant over now flame the evul one :flame:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Hmmm, do i remember correctly that when NF comes in you cant GT/Volley into a building/Roofed area? Hope that it is so incase i do come back, would bring an end to the dying before anyone is even seen.

Etaew

Can't get enough of FH
boiling oil \o/ erm :) yer well.. hm.. :) volley is nice too but range is lower then it was pre nf, and crit shots are higher dmg.. :)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
atm on gorre, volly isnt needed, with the amount of albs (50-60% of the server atm), they can use 2 scouts to critshoot evry eny they meet.
But yes when pryd goes nf its gonna be nice with scout assist with volly, even tho its nerfed and seem to miss alot more than normal shoots..?

I have just been playing a ranger, very well overpowred that u can kill 1 scout + mincer solo without problems, in melee :)

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Strangely enough ive only been playing main healer classes since Gorre went live, immense fun especially pac Healer and rej/enh Cleric (after making short test runs in DF with Savage and 2H Paladin). Must try Ranger or Scout before it closes.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Wazkyr said:
atm on gorre, volly isnt needed, with the amount of albs (50-60% of the server atm), they can use 2 scouts to critshoot evry eny they meet.
But yes when pryd goes nf its gonna be nice with scout assist with volly, even tho its nerfed and seem to miss alot more than normal shoots..?

I have just been playing a ranger, very well overpowred that u can kill 1 scout + mincer solo without problems, in melee :)

When buffed Volley seems to miss alot more, most scouts on Gorre were unbuffed so the miss rate seemed high. I was lucky to get in a group with 2 other scouts and a buffbot, with buffs the damage doubled and the misses halved :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Smurflord said:
Awww....I feel honoured :p

You should be, you were the best damn GT spotter on the server! I order you to come back and be my personal spotter, I will also let you hold my spare arrows if you like ;) :D

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
You should be, you were the best damn GT spotter on the server! I order you to come back and be my personal spotter, I will also let you hold my spare arrows if you like ;) :D

It's easy. Just go to each keep and note down the coordinates (x,y AND Z) for all the major points in the towers, and write them down somewhere. then you can set them anywhere inisde the towers without having to go in. That's all I did :)

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
It's easy. Just go to each keep and note down the coordinates (x,y AND Z) for all the major points in the towers, and write them down somewhere. then you can set them anywhere inisde the towers without having to go in. That's all I did :)

Noooo the secret is out !

Morimdin

Banned
viper 3 = megamax worth it imo.. 148 dmg on players with lifebane, and 209 on mobs o_O it's kinda.. eeer... WADDEFUKK MEIGHT?

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Morimdin said:
viper 3 = megamax worth it imo.. 148 dmg on players with lifebane, and 209 on mobs o_O it's kinda.. eeer... WADDEFUKK MEIGHT?
resistable, doesnt effect other players than the one you hit (unless backup swords), costs 30rsp (i mean wtf) and does 74 damage / tick. Btw thats on gorre, try it live vs capped resists and it wont even be doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom