Motoring Volks-fucking-wagen & car ordering

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Gents,

I ordered a company car back at the start of March this year (Mk6 Golf GT TDi). The lead time of the car was woefully long and was given a delivery date of the start of October. I chased the leasing department on this day and was told "whoops, did noone phone? The best estimate is mid-December".

9 fucking months for a Golf at best.

Anyway, I've now gone onto the VW website to check a few things and the leather interior option that I paid the thick end of around £1800 for is now standard on that model. I'm not happy about it; do you think it's worth a call to see if I can negotiate a price reduction given the excruciating length of time for delivery?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yes, and threaten to cancel your order if you don't get it. That's what I'd do. An unaccetable delay and wait, with no notification and the obvious out of pocket means you have a valid complaint.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You get Volkswagens in Scotland?

thought it was about local brands.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It was a little bit funny.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Seek compensation, moan like hell and threaten to find a way to cancel.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They haven't met the agreed date, they've breached the terms of the contract. Cancel your order.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
That's mad.

The longest I've had to wait for a car from my work is about 3 months for a generic diesel estate. In fact work have just taken delivery of a load of Vauxhall Astra Sport Tourer Exclusiv 1.7 CDTi 110bph. Nothing to write home about... just the Cybit tracking system installed as an extra. :(

I've been asked to go down on my day off to swap out of my Focus to the Astra. I've told them I'll do it on condition they honour my overtime request for the day. :)

old.user4556

G.

Unless the scheme has got radically better since I left it's not worth it. You're better off with the cash.

I even did a spreadsheet to prove it. Give it a go :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...NMNnFvSFVfWHc&authkey=CKvDg6YI&hl=en_US#gid=0

Get a pre-reg'd or ex-demo golf instead.

It really depends on a few factors Wij:

- pre reg or nearly new cars don't have the options I want.
- how much money will the car lose, at this moment in time it's a buyers market, therefore lots :).
- your figures only work assuming you can stump up the cash up front (the RRP on my Golf works out to be £26,520 which I don't have).
- since I don't have that, I would need to finance it somehow which means a massive unsecured loan from the bank (which I won't get) or car finance which is likely to be upwards of 7% APR (there is no entry to add that calculation in) which adds a fair chunk of interest per year and would erode the "how much I've saved over 4 years" to be negligible.
- I want 100% peace of mind motoring, I burst three tyres in as many months on my 1 Series BMW and I tell you these run flat low profiles tyres are not cheap, at least £200 a corner.
- I was being very optimistic with my servicing costs, but I reckon I'm going to be doing 20,000 miles a year so by years 3 and 4 it's going to need a fair amount of work. By not doing it a main dealer, then residuals could be even lower than what I estimate.

But yes, in some situations I agree it is cheaper to take the cash and run a cheaper car.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Should have ordered Mr Sulu's techno car. 7,000 miles of fault-free running so far, for less than a year's depreciation on your unbuilt shopping trolley.

old.user4556

All we need is Bodhi to post something about a clapped out 328i and this motoring thread will be complete.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It really depends on a few factors Wij:

- pre reg or nearly new cars don't have the options I want.
- how much money will the car lose, at this moment in time it's a buyers market, therefore lots :).
- your figures only work assuming you can stump up the cash up front (the RRP on my Golf works out to be £26,520 which I don't have).
- since I don't have that, I would need to finance it somehow which means a massive unsecured loan from the bank (which I won't get) or car finance which is likely to be upwards of 7% APR (there is no entry to add that calculation in) which adds a fair chunk of interest per year and would erode the "how much I've saved over 4 years" to be negligible.
- I want 100% peace of mind motoring, I burst three tyres in as many months on my 1 Series BMW and I tell you these run flat low profiles tyres are not cheap, at least £200 a corner.
- I was being very optimistic with my servicing costs, but I reckon I'm going to be doing 20,000 miles a year so by years 3 and 4 it's going to need a fair amount of work. By not doing it a main dealer, then residuals could be even lower than what I estimate.

But yes, in some situations I agree it is cheaper to take the cash and run a cheaper car.

You could add a finance row :)

Also why not put the car on your mortgage. And stop being fussy about options :twak:

My A3 TDI ex-demo just cost me 16,400. It's not as nice as my ST170 but will save me a fortune. Also, I paid with my redundancy money so no loan :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it's all your fault G: if you'd have done the GTI petrol you'd have had it by now ;)

old.user4556

You could add a finance row :)

Also why not put the car on your mortgage. And stop being fussy about options :twak:

My A3 TDI ex-demo just cost me 16,400. It's not as nice as my ST170 but will save me a fortune. Also, I paid with my redundancy money so no loan :)

Also, something came to mind today. You only pay towards it for three years out of four, you pay BIK + PUC for three years then BIK only for the fourth and final year.

I spoke to the lease company today, long and short is that I can cancel without penalty because the car hasn't even started being built yet. However, they couldn't fudge my order and wouldn't budge on the spec at all regardless of what I threatened them with. I would need to re-order my car with the same spec and get the leather (oh, and Bluetooth prep!) as standard.

However, according to the girl at the lease company, the leather was still showing up as a cost item and that I must have been looking at a "retail only offer". I phoned VW customer service and they couldn't comment on this "retail only" comment other than it should be across the board. It was only announced a few days ago though so I reckon the lease company systems aren't updated yet - they're going off to check and will phone me tomorrow.

Extra kit for VW Golf - Car and Car-Buying News - What Car?

Golf models on a hiding for nothing... with leather now standard : Volkswagen News : Volkswagen UK

If they come back and offer the leather as standard, i'm going to cancel and order a Golf GTD instead. If they won't give me the leather as standard, I'm going to cancel anyway and order something completely different.

Like an Audi.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
All we need is Bodhi to post something about a clapped out 328i and this motoring thread will be complete.

You accuse my fine specimen of classic German engineering of being clapped out, yet you expect me to give you sympathy when your slightly overpriced depressing little econo snotbox hasn't been delivered yet?

Get bent!

Seriously tho, just cancel and get something else. Preferably something with 6 cylinders which doesn;t sound like a canal boat.

old.user4556

Come on though Bodhi, even the mighty Bavarians are giving in to the eco-warriors and moving over to blown units for their M cars :(.

Nothing exciting on the car list really.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fuck it off and get a VRS. Basically the same car.

old.user4556

Cancelled. They did a U turn and said "oh ok, we'll reduce the price", but I was too fucked off and cancelled anyway.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Can you not just run your own car? Get a nice 968 or something. Sod driving a 4-pot tractor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom