VOlcanic Pillar

H

hercules-df

:D The running insta mezz/pbaoe bombs from other realms may start f33ring us now if they could now run into a massive nuke. Any1 tried it from inside a keep yet? there are usually parts of the walls where u can target ppl on the doors, Tried mine out, which wiped all my MoM2 etc.. and it did slightly more dmg than my earth bolt + the glory of aoe and insta. Not so sure about the radius of 700+ people have spoke of, looked more like similar radius as aoe root. (350)

Also will be nice when the big ugly mids zerg a lone wizzy, they might get a big punch on the nose b4 they get the wizzy down :)

2fg of wizzies + 1 mezzing grp roaming. yum!

W

-Wedge-

Arnor, you mids run around with seriously too many healers... There are a few groups (mids only actually, so far, although LA pulled it off a few times too), where tanks are able to kill me during a PBAoE session and none of them die... And during 60% of these moc-sessions I have BoF active on me too... (and 2 instants)

So far I have never been able to kill a NP member with MoC + PBAoE... Not 1... (with the exception of 1 time, but that was with 2 pbaoe wizards in amg-room :D )

Might be wrong, but I think Cold resist buffs is easier to get for Mids...

The worst MoC session that I had was against a group of mids (forgot names, I think they whore all black), where I did over 9500 damage (I checked back, and added all the damages) and killed no one... Nothing went wrong in my group, all tanks of that group where on me (4-5), stayed alive for longer then 15s, purged the instant-stun... And they all walked away...

But hey, Mythic thinks casters are 'fine'... :p

If this damage stays the same, VP is on my list or RA's... Actually, if it goes live like this, I'm getting it in 8 ra points :p (should get it around 1.62 then ;))

But have no fear, our 2nd Ice wizard just got MoC... I'm sure your healers cant keep healing you then...

G

ghaladriel

Wildfn00b VP is instan AoE,you can mezz over my VP same that i always use AE/root over it :D .This got retard grx but is instan :)

Ghaladriel lvl 50 Alerion Knight [First Cohort] :flame:

F

Flimgoblin

it's radius 350 and pap damage this patch...

it's not till 1.62 that it's radius 700 and better damage :)

A

Arnor

Wedge, you are very correct, cold/heat/matter are the easiest resist-buff to get. normally best heat/cold and second best matter buff.
If you think WE got alot of healers, try fighting hibs :p they have like 4 healing-classes or sumt :(

Another problem with mid-healers are that most of them(90%) are pac/mend. with 5 aug. Which. as you can see isnt all that when it comes to resist-buffs and haste etc.

In a normal mid group we only have the heat/cold/matter buffs for 10mins or so, SO few aug/mend shammies are there :rolleyes:

and tbh, there were ALOT of class-specific ra's that needed fixing before VP :\

O

old.Wildfire

Ghaladriel - I know! Go back to your paella, crazy spanish mofo :p

If a wiz and a sorc are running together and they see an enemy group coming the other way, what's gonna hit first? 1875 range insta DD or 1875 range 3.0s castable mezz? Assuming the wiz isn't asleep... <cough ghaladriel cough> :D

W

-Wedge-

I know Arnor, but the healing class that has instants and spread heal (Druid) isnt that common (I think)... Unlike Healers... 2 Healers in your group, even if they only have the lowest Spread Heal, can heal for a whole damn lot...

Its not a problem when fighting mez'd battles, picking off 1 by 1, and its not a problem when fighting a group where there is only 1 healer... But NP for example (dont know about your group ;)) often runs with 2 healers in 1 group...

Anyways, this is a post about VP ;)

As said, if VP stays the same, I'm getting it... 15 minutes between battles is pretty common, so the timer is 'just right' :D

T

Tilda

hmm what would be cool is if that added a small snare component, then you VP on contact and there slowed = more time + distance to nuke + mes

A

Aule Valar

hmm insta 750 raidus nuke, or insta door blatter.... unfair mutter, mutter, mutter

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

How much damage does the siege bolt actually do? I have a sneaky suspicion that it is complete cack but never bothered to find out.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Tilda
hmm what would be cool is if that added a small snare component, then you VP on contact and there slowed = more time + distance to nuke + mes

yeah, and upped the darkness dd's to 400delve dmg, and gave them a chainable root effect. and 1sec casttime, and 10 power cost. But its not in the cards is it?

wedge: on that incident at the hill between atk-amg odins, we had one pac/mend healer, and one aug/mend shammy. so while everyone in your group was standing ontop of eachother, making it hell to target you :p (luckily only avalonian there) our healers stood some distance away from the bunch, and none of your tanks though of interrupting em ;)

And every hib group i run into, they have a druid. atleast so it seems. and they are ALL specced reg/nurt :( why cant they have egoistic nature druids like our cave shammies :p

G

ghaladriel

:p

Ghaladriel lvl 50 Alerion Knight [First Cohort] :flame:

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
How much damage does the siege bolt actually do? I have a sneaky suspicion that it is complete cack but never bothered to find out.

The bolt from palintones (meant to attack other siege components, not specificaly to use on people) i one shotted a 44th inf with 717 dmg :) Since patch the dmg has been increased and reload time is 10 seconds on palintones. Trebs are the heavy unit killers, 15 second reload but should hit for 1 1/2 times the amount of a palintone and over a bigger radius. VP is pretty much the same as a treb stone except with much larger radius and a drop-off I have heard.

O

old.Ramas

I believe Sissyfoo was refering to 'Siege Bolt' the theurg RA.

It does a little over 1000 damage.

So it's equivalent to 10 seconds of ram damage once every 5 minutes.

So...

If you work it through, you'll find a siege bolting theurg is worth 0.0666 rams, or about 2 tanks.

It needs to do about 1500 damage on a 30 second timer to be worthwhile imho. This would make it worth a little under half a ram.

O

old.Ramas

Oh, and the pallintone thing isn't really a bolt afaik.

The game mechanics view it as DD which does not require LoS, but which does have a minimum range.

It doesn't respect bolt style af+resist defence either iirc.

G

gurki

750 radius sounds like a nice mez breaker ;>
Please do get this ra and use often!

A

Arnor

Originally posted by gurki
750 radius sounds like a nice mez breaker ;>
Please do get this ra and use often!

especially see the scenario of sorc qc'ing the PERFECT mezz on the 2fg's of charging mids just as the wizzard pops out of his sulfur-induced coma and the random neurons firing "VP!!!!!" into his brain connect with the fingers on the keyboard ;)

W

-Wedge-

Oh if it was your group? Nasty...

The reason the tanks didnt bother going for a healer was either we didnt have them at that time, or we had 1 which is on permanent guard duty...

If it was late at night, we probably didnt have tanks, just 1 minstrel, 2 clerics and me :p (we where outnumbered, thats for sure :p )

It was a bit of a suicide mission and often we take 1 or 2 with us before we die... Not that time though :(

The standing on each other is by design ofc ;) It was the only way to make sure you'd be within PBAoE range...

Oh and your runies AE actually need fixing, not lubing... 3s AE, bug has been in there ever since the runnies got the additional AE ...

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by old.Ramas
I believe Sissyfoo was refering to 'Siege Bolt' the theurg RA.

It does a little over 1000 damage.

So it's equivalent to 10 seconds of ram damage once every 5 minutes.

So...

If you work it through, you'll find a siege bolting theurg is worth 0.0666 rams, or about 2 tanks.

It needs to do about 1500 damage on a 30 second timer to be worthwhile imho. This would make it worth a little under half a ram.

I doubt the Siege bolt is meant to be used on doors.

Try it on siege equipment. The attackers will weep they have to get more rams don't you think? :p

O

old.Wildfire

Zoyster has bolt, DD and AE DD on 1, 2 and 3, and just mashes the buttons in roughly the right area. Pot luck really :p Konah on the other hand doesn't seem to have found his DD or bolt spells yet, and attempts to solve every problem with some good old AE nuking :)

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Arnor2
especially see the scenario of sorc qc'ing the PERFECT mezz on the 2fg's of charging mids just as the wizzard pops out of his sulfur-induced coma and the random neurons firing "VP!!!!!" into his brain connect with the fingers on the keyboard ;)

I'm not gonna bet against you on this one :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom