Vista win/microsoft update problems

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well noticed a problem two weeks ago when i tried to use windows update. I got to start click on win update, the window comes up but its just white, nothing it in, i open tast manager says win update is running, 5-10 min nothing happens i end task, vista say's win update is not responing etc. I close it. I download updates directly from microsoft no problem, have no problem goin thru the setup, but when the progress bar popsup it just keep on goin and goin and goin.

I've validated Vista, and revalidated, got respons that vista is now validated, but nothing happens, tried the troubleshooting on microsoft, turning off win update, but cant turn it off, just say's its shutting down..

Anyone got any ideas?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well got some steps down the road as i was finally able to install some updates, i started comp in failsafe mode or what you call it, without network on, there i could change name of folder restarted, started up win update, it searched but when i started to download it jst chugged and chugged and chugged doin nothing, so rebooted renamned folder, rebooted again, downloaded some of the stability updates and a few security updates, manually installing them, rebooted. and they worked. Have downloaded a new win update copy will install that and see if that fixes the problems.

Noticed that when i ran win update after renaming it started first to download win update 3. And then stopped so think thats where the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom