Vista wants to format my flash drives..

Nate

FH is my second home
Suddenly this started happening, no matter how many times I format the drives vista keeps asking! Whats going on :(

Thugz

Banned
Could be a few things - faulty usb device, faulty usb drivers, incorrect format already on the drive - fat 32 instead of ntfs? Vista can kick up a fuss about fat 32 apparently.

If the device was working perfectly and now isn't does it do so on someone elses computer? If it is working perfectly could be a Vista update has caused some problem with your usb connections. You could check out the device manager and see if anything is amiss there.

Try the device on another comp for now or try your usb slot with some other component to see if it is functioning correctly.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I get the prompt come up everytime I plug in my USB drive but choose to ignore it and it works fine anyway. No idea why it does it; apparently formatting from the system you have troubles with should fix the problem but from reading what you posted I'm kind of glad I didn't bother in the end.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Try a different port I have had this before plugged it into the other front usb and no problem. I meant to try uninstalling the usb drivers and trying again but always forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom