Vista - temp solution!! for 1.88

Aedelle

Fledgling Freddie
Hiya all,

Some german found a way to play 1.88 with vista (and it is working, I just logged in):

go to this link:

Notlösung: Vista Problem - daoc-guide.de

1. Rename orginial game.dll (so u can use that again once GOA fixes it in 2009)
2. Get the rar-File from rapidshare
3. Copy game.dll and daoc.bat into your daoc folder
4. Run daoc.bat

This might get u banned though, not sure about that.

Good luck

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
NO JESUS CRIST

DO NOT RENAME UR GAME.DLL FILE, holy crist that will screw up ur entire coding of the game
So unless u want to uninstall and reinstall the game and shit at ur comp for 5 6 hours redownloading all the updates i advise u DO NOT rename it

Admin/Mod: Delete this thread pronto, what they are suggesting is considered HACKING and is against the rules of the COC, doing that will get them banned so for there own safty delete this thread plz

"edit"

Just after noticing thats a modified version of the .dll from 1.87, that will most DEFINATLY get u BANNED
How u can even log in with that i have NO idea, it should automaticly download the patch'ed version of the 1.88 game.dll

U know what.. if u guys want to go get urselves banned, go for it im not gonna stop u, but i will garenttee u WILL get banned

emma

Loyal Freddie
Maybe GoA should hurry up and get it fixed then, after all a phone call to the US takes a matter of seconds to clear this up.

Aedelle

Fledgling Freddie
sorry, can't edit to delete it anymore. But if they ban people for that LOADS of german will get banned. And it was a forum moderator who posted this. And tbh if I get banned for this --> goodbye daoc

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
Well then alot of ppl on the german servers are gonna be mighty pissed off i can tell ya

Oh and there is an update... not a satisfieing one but an update none the less

Chronicles of Camelot

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The provided solution is (according to the responses on the board) not working for all and is aimed for LoTM client only.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well then alot of ppl on the german servers are gonna be mighty pissed off i can tell ya

Oh and there is an update... not a satisfieing one but an update none the less

Chronicles of Camelot
looks great to me

We worked hand in hand with EA Mythic and the problem of compatibility between version 1.88 and some Windows Vista versions has been solved at last. You can now login and play normally. Thank you for your patience. We wish you exciting adventures in game and a nice weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom