Vista can't reach certain websites :/

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
So, at some point the Vista on my gaming PC stopped to reach certain websites. No browser can access them, I can't even ping some them, some don't go pass the DNS resolve. On the same PC with Linux and with other PCs in the same network I've got no problems.

2 days ago I've installed an another copy of Vista on a notebook in the same network and at some point the Vista on the notebook started to act the same.

It's really weird, I don't know where to start, tried turning on/off various things like the in-build Firewall, Defender and so on, no result.

The websites Vista can't reach are quite common, like google.com or microsoft.com so it's pissing me off. Others like spiegel.de Vista can access with no problem.

Any ideas?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Fixed it by removing my provider's DNS and adding a different one like OpenDNS.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I have a problem where either mine or my dad's pc cant connect to the net using the bthomehub router. SOmetimes his wont connect but mine will, other times it's the reverse. Normally turning everything off for 10 mins fixes it.

Other issue is sometimes the internet dies, i cant access any sites etc, however ventrilo and daoc both work. If i quit the program it wont let me back in....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom