Music Virus Active

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Drums tweaked and that irritating distortion at the end of the track removed. I've updated the version on Soundcloud.

Getting to the point where I'm happy enough to upload it to my usual places where people will annihilate it if there's anything too obviously wrong :)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Reminds me of something in my record collection.... I might have to hunt it out (which might take a while).

Clean guitar reminds me of the Blue Nile which is strange in that song but works really well.

Even though I'm into guitar based stuff I actually prefer your other tunes. Not sure if that's because I'm used to the sound of valves humming and 'Virus' just doesn't seem to have that or I'm broadening my musical horizons.

Not sure how critical you want but the drum riff change at about 51 seconds just seems to 'jar' a bit. My only musical training is on the piano but from band experience I can't tell if you're after syncopation or just off the beat.

I'll be honest here and say I often play just behind the beat or ahead of it on the guitar so I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong - maybe something you're trying to achieve, especially as the guitar and bass are arriving at the same place at difference times later on (approx 1.21) but the rest of the rhythm seems pretty locked (though the same 'just off beat' does kick in at 2.37 so maybe it's intentional as it re-locks after?) .

Take all of the above with a pinch of salt as you're doing it all yourself and therefore I assume you're on click - never could master that myself which is why I prefer to hide in-between 3 other people (at least ;) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom