Virgin / TV stuff

Gray

FH is my second home
Curious.

As im on Virgin at the moment, since the change over a lot of our channels have of course been removed [Sky One, News, etc] now, i cant seem to find the Pay Per View services no more - Sky Box Office or the NTL version of it.

Is this no longer available on Virgin because of all this shit?

-What im looking out for is Wrestlemania which is tomorrow night, but im fucked if i can find the channel

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Curious.

As im on Virgin at the moment, since the change over a lot of our channels have of course been removed [Sky One, News, etc] now, i cant seem to find the Pay Per View services no more - Sky Box Office or the NTL version of it.

Is this no longer available on Virgin because of all this shit?

-What im looking out for is Wrestlemania which is tomorrow night, but im fucked if i can find the channel

You mentioned wrestling, expect to be hung, drawn and quatered because its not a real "sport"

Like UFC is, its like town centre on a Friday night waiting for a taxi

Gray

FH is my second home
Whats on Channel 0?

See, with the box that i have, since the change over i had to delete all the channels and rescan them all into the box.

However in doing it this way, the channels have gone alphabetical so theyre not like other peoples... In a way.

Gray

FH is my second home
*ahem*

Freeview could be a way of explaining it i guess :p

/edit

See, the box we have is a "Eurovox Max" but im unsure exactly what it does - what i do know is if we set the right frequency we can get them specific channels

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Wrestling.. hah

Paying for Wrestling!?

Hah!

Back in First school (the age when you actually like Wrestling) we just went to a kids house who had Sky! :p

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You don't pay for anything with a Eurovox box, they aer teh dodgy boxes.

Don't think you can get the pay per view stuff with dodgy boxes anymore Gray, if you had a real box then pressing the on demand button would sort it.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yip, no payments required, dont think im paying £30+ surely for wrestling? :p

And bollocks if Pay Per Views cant work anymore :( fuckery

Although im sure i can get one PPV channel, but i dont know -.-

Trem

You can't anymore, you can get Prem Plus which is a sort of PPV but that works differently that the ones you have to choose to watch such as wrestling.

Basically its something that you can't complain about :D

Don't be surprised if Virgin make it so that all the channels are unwatchable on dodgy boxes before long. They seem very slow to stop this unlike Sky.

Its a risky thing to be in to, if they catch you they will go to town. Rather you than me tbh.

Gray

FH is my second home
Hohum ;p

Ah well, just have to see how it goes over the next few months then *sigh*.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
You don't pay for anything with a Eurovox box, they aer teh dodgy boxes.

Don't think you can get the pay per view stuff with dodgy boxes anymore Gray, if you had a real box then pressing the on demand button would sort it.

you can get PPV stuff. my mate has one of them and gets every single channel going :)

Trem

You can't in Grays area.

They introduced a new way of scrambling channels in areas of the country and before long it will be nationwide.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just a heads up to anyone on Virgin. They are bending over backwards to keep customers happy.

I'm on 4Mb, basic telly, and a phone line.

I phoned up disconnections because they throttle the bandwidth (think thats the right term) at about teatime, so 4Mb becomes 2Mb for a few hours. Which is really annoying.

So I told the chap this, and asked what he could do about it, and I've now got (as of the 17th this month):

10Mb broadband, rising to 20Mb in a few months when they upgrade
basic telly
Free phone calls

The deal doesn't run out - and this is for the same price as my existing package, which is £35 a month. Plus they're installing a modem, and waiving the installation charge.

So if you're on Virgin, phone them up and whinge - and save a bob or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom