Help Virgin Superhub Problem.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Firstly some details -

I have a VM Superhub 1 as my router/modem, that is connected to another router to serve my house with wired and wireless connection. I do this because the Superhub is usually a bag of shite when it comes to wireless etc. I have a server which acts as my NAS, seedbox etc.

The problem I am having is this - I can connect to all my drives and torrent clients and sabnzb with no problem at all when using my laptop wirelessly and using the *other* router as the connection but if I disconnect from that and use the Superhub as my wireless I cannot access any of the torrent clients or Sab and I also cannot connect to my network drive, why is this? Just use your other router would be the obvious answer but recently the other router has gone a bit cack and the SH has gone a bit ok (wireless).

I have checked the SH settings and nothing seems to point to anything which is causing this, but then again what do I know!

Cheers in advance for any help.

Love you.

XXX

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Can you access t'inter through the Superhub's wireless from your laptop?

Trem

Yes chum, the internet is not a problem, it just seems like it is stuff on the server, the firewall isn't blocking the Superhub.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Right, well. Have you tried plugging all the servers and stuff into the Superhub directly and taking the other router out of the equation altogether? Unless you have the router set up in bridge mode all of the devices plugged into it will likely be on a different subnet and that might cause a problem. I had to do it with my Cisco E4200 to get everything on the same subnet. Similar setup to yours, everything plugged into the Cisco and the Cisco plugged into the Livebox.

Trem

Hmmmm, I will give that a bash shortly. Cheers sexy.

soze

I am a FH squatter
An "ipconfig" will tell you if the devices are on the same subnet. It could be the routing table on the old router not passing traffic to old one. A ping of the IP Address should confirm there is traffic. Turning off DHCP on the router you are using as a switch would force DNS and DHCP to all come from the Superhub which makes sure it is one network.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah prob the sh and the old router on different subnets. I wouldn't try to use both together as routers either ken or the other with the sh just doing its job a modem.

Trem

I am swapping between the 2 routers for my laptop at the minute. I did wonder whether to change the SH to modem only mode but that would piss me off if the other (Buffalo DD-WRT) router started playing funny buggers again. It has been a brilliant router but the last few weeks it has been a dick :eek:

soze

I am a FH squatter
If you give the other Router an IP Address on the SH range and turn DHCP and DNS off it should just start to act like a Access Point and Switch. And as everything will then be dished out by the SH it should get things up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom