Question Video Technology in Football. Good or bad?

Video Tec. Saviour or Shitter...

• Yes, Video Tec will stop cheating/make game better

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • No, Video Tec will sterilise the beautiful game

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I'm not sure either way

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I dont' give a fuck about footie yet am still dumb enough to read the thread!

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Blatter apologised for the mistakes. I wonder what that means?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It all bollocks anyway, Hawkeye isn't 100% and it still relies on human input. Which means mistakes can still be made, but now we can point the blame at someone who has no clue about the game and is simply employed to press a button when told.

I watched the Andy Murray match last year where the ball was miles out but Hawkeye had actually counted the second bounce of the ball which was in.

I've tried to find the video clip but it appears to have been removed!!!

There explanation was that Hawkeye relies on human input to tell the system where the ball bounced.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
I rather talk 40 years about the skill of players then 40 years about if a goal is in or out.
Just look at what games get watched the most (world wide), they are the ones from the nations with football skills not the kick and rush games.
That should tell you something ;)

I get more pleasure out of a team preforming good then winning by stupid mistake.

Only problem that I can see is that not all countries can afford it.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
This is football, not WWE wrestling, all this unfair bollocks doesn't make it exciting, the game does. Anyway, people will still do stupid stuff and ge sent off, there will still be contentious decisions, the excitement won't be going anywhere, just the feeling of being robbed.

As it is now, the fourth official can see replays at the side of pitch, just like we can at home. However they're not allowed to use this footage to aid the referee, as we saw in the Argentina game. What's the point of that? It's completely retarded. It's quite common for the referee to consult with his officials because he can't know what's going on himself all the time.

I think Scouse is defending it because with technology, Liverpool wouldnt have won any real trophies in the last decade :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I don't see any decent argument not to have technology. The games somewhat ruined by cheating fuckers diving all over the shop anyway, so theres the 'fluidity' gone already.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I am aware of this. It surprises me :)

As i said before people want something but with the poll they naturally get grouped together under option 1. Personally I favour the idea of some sort of goal line tech first then perhaps later an option for the ref to be able to get information from a 5th official if needed.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
No human input needed on the football ones, and there hasn't been a failed test case, reportedly.

I believe the problem is that adidas tried their own system and it didn't work, as adidas give a lot of money to FIFA using a system that actually works isn't likely to happen unless adidas fix their system :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Erm, the system I was talking about it Hawkeye, and nothing to do with Adidas. It's a very simple, so far flawless system, and they can prove it.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Erm, the system I was talking about it Hawkeye, and nothing to do with Adidas. It's a very simple, so far flawless system, and they can prove it.

Either my grammar is shit or it's your reading comprehension:

Adidas had a system
It didn't work
Adidas give FIFA lots of money
FIFA ignore fulling working Hawkeye system to not piss off adidas

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
In the wake of the England debacle and an argument of Embattle's I figured I'd better whack this bijou poll-ette up :)

Video technology in football.

Will it help with unfair play, simulation, diving, goals that aren't given, goals that are wrongly given or will it simply take an exciting and unpredictable sport and turn into a sterile, anodyne version of its former self?

Or, I guess, none of the above! :)

i don't think any team would survive if video tech were introduced.

diving and playing unfair is what football is all about these days, and no team would know how to play without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom