Question Video Technology in Football. Good or bad?

Video Tec. Saviour or Shitter...

• Yes, Video Tec will stop cheating/make game better

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • No, Video Tec will sterilise the beautiful game

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I'm not sure either way

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I dont' give a fuck about footie yet am still dumb enough to read the thread!

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In the wake of the England debacle and an argument of Embattle's I figured I'd better whack this bijou poll-ette up :)

Video technology in football.

Will it help with unfair play, simulation, diving, goals that aren't given, goals that are wrongly given or will it simply take an exciting and unpredictable sport and turn into a sterile, anodyne version of its former self?

Or, I guess, none of the above! :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Technology hasn't ruined any other sport, don't see why it would be any different for Football. Hopefully it would but a end to fake fouls and get players to fight harder for the ball, instead of going for it tripping and faking a foul. You can see some players gearing up for a fake trip before they tackle. If the ref could see that, then it would improve the overall quality of the game.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If the ref could see that, then it would improve the overall quality of the game.

So they should stop the game whilst the ref checks the video for each foul, to see if the player was diving?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
So they should stop the game whilst the ref checks the video for each foul, to see if the player was diving?

Given that the game is stopped anyway for whatever reason adding 5s and putting it on a big screen hardly slows the game down. It will also stop players diving and thus not slow the game down anyway - if the players know they will be caught.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
It would help. Three appeals allowed per team per game. But those appeals should be kept to offside , over the line and penalty decisions only. Otherwise they need it.

It would not have saved England nor Mexico though. Nothing would have saved England from themselves.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
change the poll please. Video replays / tech NO. Goal line technology similar to hawkeye using RF transmitters YES.

Goal line technology will not slow the game in anyway, all you'd need is the ref alerted via a buzzer (the same way his linesmen attract his attention now) when the technology decides the ball has crossed the line.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It's abouyt 10 years the discussion is going on.
It's pretty obvious that the High Fifa Boards don't want that to happen.
Shitheads ^^

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
change the poll please. Video replays / tech NO. Goal line technology similar to hawkeye using RF transmitters YES.

I can't.

/shouts "admiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnn"....

:)

/notices vocal minority appearing for internet poll :p

;)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You could even just have an extra ref monitoring it and in communication w/ the ref it wouldn't disrupt the game at all.

The case against it is pitiful.

soze

I am a FH squatter
It should be introduced but only in certian situations. If a goal is cored and there is a hint of offside, check. Player goes down in the area and the ref stops the game check. Where it gets ropey is stooping play to check. If Germany had gone on a counter attack and scored then the ref saw/was told that England's was a goal what does he do take a goal from Germany and give it to England? That's why unlike some sports its harder to just drop it into football play does not always stop at a time when you would want to check.

But something like RFID on the ball to show it has crossed the line is a no brained and should be in place.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
If Germany had gone on a counter attack and scored then the ref saw/was told that England's was a goal what does he do take a goal from Germany and give it to England?

Plant a very small amount of C4 in the ball, when it crosses the line, have it explode. Problem solved.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Swap the ball for a medicine ball, plant a large amount of c4 in it. Then just have it explode at random intervals during the match unless goals are scored within x minutes.

That'll learn 'em.

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
It's abouyt 10 years the discussion is going on.
It's pretty obvious that the High Fifa Boards don't want that to happen.
Shitheads ^^

I believe the folk that handle this is an 8-member committee, with a vote each to the Scottish, English, Irish and Welsh FAs and then the remaining 4 going to the "rest of the world" via FIFA.

So long as FIFA is opposed to it, there will never be an introduction of technology into the game.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Plant a very small amount of C4 in the ball, when it crosses the line, have it explode. Problem solved.

This :)

Swap the ball for a medicine ball, plant a large amount of c4 in it. Then just have it explode at random intervals during the match unless goals are scored within x minutes.

That'll learn 'em.

No this! :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I believe the folk that handle this is an 8-member committee, with a vote each to the Scottish, English, Irish and Welsh FAs and then the remaining 4 going to the "rest of the world" via FIFA.

So long as FIFA is opposed to it, there will never be an introduction of technology into the game.

Indeed and any changes require 6 votes to be passed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish FA's know something eh? ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Maybe the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish FA's know something eh? ;)

Not sure I follow. Without FIFA agreeing to the the technology it WILL NEVER happen under the current IFAB committee. Period.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
dont know how there can be a case against video technology being brought in to be honest, there is so much money involved in the game now. its not just a game any more, no matter how many say it is, incorrect decisions have huge reprecussions. The tennis approach is the way to go, three challenges and thats it, only for big decisions (goals given offside, penalties, balls crossing the goal line, french fuckers deliberately handling the ball and scoring because of it etc).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am aware of this. It surprises me :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Both yes to some goal line technology (non-video for speed/accuracy) and video replays for other problems (players diving when they clearly haven't been touched).

This world cup in particular has shown the problems so badly. People being red carded with no proper justification, goals not being awarded, etc. If people are to have confidence in football then they need to have confidence in the referee - which just isn't going to happen until they fix the blatant mistakes which are being made which could easily be solved with the usage of additional technology.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
could they not just add extra linesman, rather than having one on one half of the pitch have 2, one ethier side and only have a 1/4 of the pitch to patrol?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
could they not just add extra linesman, rather than having one on one half of the pitch have 2, one ethier side and only have a 1/4 of the pitch to patrol?

They tried that with the goal line referees in Fifa Europe League and it didn't worked quite well.

Speed of the game nowadays calls for technology to aid humans.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They tried that with the goal line referees in Fifa Europe League and it didn't worked quite well.

They tried goal line referees and it was a sack of wank. They missed obvious goals/offsides etc...

I think we need to man up and accept that mistakes are made. It makes for great headlines and top arguments and piss-taking opportunities.

Do you really want to lose that? Really? :(

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
depends if those mistakes cost you a place in the premier league or winning champions league final, the cost of the mistakes can be monumental

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Do we, as fans, care about cost?

So what if the mancs lose the CL final to a dodgy goal - their fans aren't ever going to see any of the money that the Glazers pocket from it - and the rest of the world gets one of the biggest giggles of their entire lives!

You honestly want no "hand of god" action? How boring would football be?!

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
well yes as a "fan" of football you should care about cost, cost = ticket prices etc, in some cases wether the club continues to exist. And what if it was liverpool having a match winning goal chalked off that cost them the league title?

Dont get me wrong i'm not advocating using technology for every tackle, thrown in etc just for "did it cross the line" incidents like lampards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom