Video Converting

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Anyone know any decent video converting software? Some videos wont play on my Xbox and I'm tired of waiting for Microsoft to add more codecs.

No transcoding links please as I've tried a few of them and they all suck.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
More info is needed.

Convert what to what? Dvd to divx? Divx to Dvd?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I use DVDFab. It'll pretty much convert any filetype to any other filetype, but you have to pay for it to unlock all the conversion options.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I use Format Factory its really straight forward click the Format you want then select the file and click go.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
HandBrake

And to elaborate slightly, a guide for making your own Xbox 360 profile. It says the profile was taken out but the "normal" one should see you through but then it goes on to tell you how to make a custom profile as well as providing recommended settings for said 360 profile.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Vdub(mod) can be a nightmare if you want a relatively "one click" solution but yeah, that's another option.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Thank you all, ill try a few of these out. They should put windows media player on the xbox, would be so much simpler.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Thank you all, ill try a few of these out. They should put windows media player on the xbox, would be so much simpler.

Thats a terrible idea, would vote for VLC player and Winamp for music as they pretty much play everything.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Thats a terrible idea, would vote for VLC player and Winamp for music as they pretty much play everything.

Any player that supports lots of file types will be better than the xbox player.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
No transcoding links please as I've tried a few of them and they all suck.

So erm, you want to do transcoding but don't want any suggestions about transcoders? If I ignore that comment, I'd recommend ...

Handbrake - easy to use, almost 1 click transcoding.
Ripbot264 - easy to use, does x264 video can't remember if the Xbox plays it / what profile to use

(edit: fyi transcoding simply means the conversion of one type of encoding to another, e.g. MPEG2 to x264)

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
So erm, you want to do transcoding but don't want any suggestions about transcoders? If I ignore that comment, I'd recommend ...

Handbrake - easy to use, almost 1 click transcoding.
Ripbot264 - easy to use, does x264 video can't remember if the Xbox plays it / what profile to use

(edit: fyi transcoding simply means the conversion of one type of encoding to another, e.g. MPEG2 to x264)

Ah sorry I thought Transcoding was conversion from 1 file format to another through streaming means such as Tversity. My Bad. :)

FormatFactory seems to do the trick, thanks all :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Ah right, TVersity does transcoding on-the-fly to convert everything into something it knows the player will be able to play. It may end up looking crap because it's trying to do it in real-time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom