Video Card Issue

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Hi All

There is a saying "If its not broken dont fix it!" Why oh Why oh Why didnt I think of this when I thought "I shall Upgrade my GFX Card drivers" is totally beyond me.

Anyway I did <cough> twice </cough> and now look what has happend :(

CSProblem.JPG
Anyway I decided to update the drivers again to try and resolve this, but to no avail. I then tried a differnt game and it was OK, great I though, oh how wrong I was look at this

Freelancer1.JPG

Anyway I really need to sort this but like a ghey nub I didnt make a note of what drivers I had before I went and slapped the new ones on? Is there a way I can check? Or simply slap some old ones back on will this do any harm? I mean any MORE harm?

I am on XP and have a (Dont laugh) Geforce 4 MMX 440.

TIA :)

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
that looks like its trying to do the blue/red 3d thing, with the magical glasses? is there a setting in the control panel to enable/disable this

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
try the rollback drivers button.

go to sytem properties by pressing the windows key + pause/break
then device manager, under the hardware tab
then display adapters, then right click on your grafix card and choose properties
under the drivers tab click rollback drivers

that may help

mookie said:
that looks like its trying to do the blue/red 3d thing, with the magical glasses? is there a setting in the control panel to enable/disable this
that was my first thought... but it doesn't look right... i'll try it with my 3D glases

EDIT: OK, it looks sorta' OK ish with 3D glases on, but still not right, those big red blobs look like big black blobs

EDIT2: why do you have the netgraph and the fps counter on

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Nice one Wyrd :worthy:

I have the netgraph on as I cna taking it off when I used it once :D

Thanks again :)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Nah tried some older ones from the Nvidia webby and its fubard still. Does this mean I need a new GFX Card? Or maybe a format?

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
try the ones that came with it

failing that try the card in another mobo

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, do me a favour, look in your display properties for the inventoried driver versions - (right click on desktop, properties, 'settings tab' -> 'advanced' -> 'general tab' -> Graphics Card Name)

In the 'Driver Version information' box, check the numbers in the right hand column ('Version') - scroll all the way to the bottom, are they all the same?

Are you using DirectX9.0b and Service Pack 1a?

Xav

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Aye Xav

All the same driver version and I am using Direct X v 9.0b & SP1.

What I cant understand is I can play games that aint 3D CivII Railroda Tycoon and stuff like that, but games like Freelancer and CS are all red and stuff :(

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Aye lol :(

Am gutted, dunno what to do. Is it drivers is it H/Ware?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Looks like a software setting. It can't hurt to update to your latest BIOS and reset the CMOS to defaults, make sure nothing is bodging it at that end.

Xav

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Soz for being crap Xav :(

Is This the set of drivers that I need to DL do I update my BIOS via a floppy disk?

/Edit1 my mobo is an Asus A7V266-E :)
/Edit2 you say reset my CMOS defaults, that would be the delete on the POST and change setting? Well I everytime I boot up I have to set the date etc I think my CMOS bettery has gone, this has been doin it for a few month now, as I cba getting a new bat :(

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
if you need to keep setting the date your CMOS battery is gone... so tehre's no point in reseting it, as all that does is temporerily disconnect the battery

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Ah right, didnt think so. Well what about updating my BIOS how do I go about doing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom