Vid showing what Mythic has planned for the coming year.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
bit to long for me to see, but just the start with the "live game upgrades, account services and camelot campaigns" makes me want WAR even more. More for the roleplayers and a last way to squeeze the last bit of money us before War comes.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Wazkyr said:
More for the roleplayers and a last way to squeeze the last bit of money us before War comes.

First thing they focus on is New Frontiers upgrades.

Makes you look very clever to comment on something your attention span doesn't allow you to watch.

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
I know its a long video but stick with it. They has some interesting ideas about how the game is going to evolve. I do think a lot of the ideas are closly linking with the development of WAR but if it improves an aging game like DAoC, I think it should be embraced.

pip

Banned
All well and good but will the main game still be here in 2008?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:

I guess they are hoping so as they are planning to implement an entirely new, improved interface at the end of 2007.

Darzil

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
bit to long for me to see.

dammit watch the whole thing

especially where the girl in the audience asks for mobs in the housing zone to kill

thats my fav bit

Nate

FH is my second home
Aiteal said:
dammit watch the whole thing

especially where the girl in the audience asks for mobs in the housing zone to kill

thats my fav bit

then she runs around naked and tells people she's a nub gifv plats right? ;o girls playing daoc?! don't fool me!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wazkyr said:
bit to long for me to see, but just the start with the "live game upgrades, account services and camelot campaigns" makes me want WAR even more. More for the roleplayers and a last way to squeeze the last bit of money us before War comes.

Somebody didn't watch more than 1 minute of the video. The NF updates could be quite cool, hope they do it and hope it works :)

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I guess they are hoping so as they are planning to implement an entirely new, improved interface at the end of 2007.

Darzil

i just wish they would implement something called advertisements in magazines and web sites....maybe even on the TV...........i wish :(

and new NF keeps gfxs? sounds like fun :p

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
nerf animist pets, give them body debuff and stop this moan all the time. Really pissing me off now.

The question I would ask would be where mythic judge the RvR situation. Is it from a FG RvR perspective? A small group perspective? Solo or Zerg?

Polearm being removed from armsmen

would have 0 effect on zerg and FG
but a huge effect on solo scene

they must make decisions more carefully

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
picture quality is terrible:(
I dont think its an offical Video Psyco. It was recorded by a memeber of the audience at the January 07 round table.

Its a pity that Mythic dont offically release Blogs with all this information.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Bikkus said:
I know its a long video but stick with it. They has some interesting ideas about how the game is going to evolve. I do think a lot of the ideas are closly linking with the development of WAR but if it improves an aging game like DAoC, I think it should be embraced.

Thats all well and good ... but they need to advertise the game over here to revive english and other eu clusters abit in gaming mags and on tv , and make the game more accessable to beginners ... my 2 cents :D

Didnt watch whole thing but yes i liked what i did see :eek:

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Pirkel said:
First thing they focus on is New Frontiers upgrades.

Makes you look very clever to comment on something your attention span doesn't allow you to watch.
as already said i cba to watch 50 mins of crap quality video, having a fun time in rvr, but maybe later when rvr goes back to fgs destroying everything.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
pip said:

it probably will. i mean, its EA were talking about here. they wont give up for atleast another 10 expansion packs... >.<

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Bikkus said:
I dont think its an offical Video Psyco. It was recorded by a memeber of the audience at the January 07 round table.

Its a pity that Mythic dont offically release Blogs with all this information.

well mythic should, apple do it... and look at there sales record

Nate

FH is my second home
Is it just me that chuckled a bit at the guy that said

"I mean I've got Nearsight on my Eld, but if I can't even face him I can't cast at him"

tihihiihi!

The changes in NF look really cool to me though tbh :)

Nate

FH is my second home
They forgot to do graphics for Malmo mobs ;/ Midgard must be the Friday realm!

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh, I loved that Eld comment.

'I get shot by a scout and I can't even /face him! I have Nearsight on my Elf, but I can't even face him. That's can't be right! That elevation bonus needs to be addressed.'

Such a noob. :/

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Whether he expressed it in a shitty way or not, doesn't it strike you as a little odd that you can be attacked from outside of lastattacker or /face range?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Arkian said:
Whether he expressed it in a shitty way or not, doesn't it strike you as a little odd that you can be attacked from outside of lastattacker or /face range?

not rly? that would just make it even harder for archers to kill anything with their bow if a caster just can /last attacker /face loltap loltap loltap omg i r0xz the b0x

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
not rly? that would just make it even harder for archers to kill anything with their bow if a caster just can /last attacker /face loltap loltap loltap omg i r0xz the b0x

You're totally missing my point, i'm not saying that they shouldn't be able to shoot people from outside of nuke range, there's nothing wrong with them doing that.

I fail to see why it's outside of last attacker or face range.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:

It will be but I doubt there will be a huge number of players by then, only die hards, unfortunate newbies and RR11+ ebayed lifetapping casters.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Copy and paste from http://daoc.catacombs.com/forum.cfm?ThreadKey=511&DefMessage=1469244&forum=DAOCMainForum - Uriel's post also news on www.classesofcamelot:

"Mythic at their most recent mini-Roundtable event shared with attendees their plans for Camelot this year. I didn't go, but luckily someone with a video camera DID go, and has posted the video of the presentation (made by Mike Stone) to Google Video. So, to that person I say thank you... probably Lucrin on the VN boards, who started the thread with the link to the video.

The video is a whopping 48 minutes long - worth at least listening to in the background, IMO, but if you don't have that kind of time on your hands, here's the synopsis.

Patch 1.88 - March

Mythic will add X-Fire support - will allow you to use X-Fire to see when your friends are online, as well as some info on what character they're playing (not location or anything sensitive, however). You'll also be able to launch the game from the X-Fire client.

Animists - Will get a second LOS check. Mythic was going to put this in 1.87 but waited to, well, make sure they should.

Music classes - instant cast or uninterruptible songs

Bonedancer - More versatile spec options

NF changes will start but not be available for public yet, only Team Leads.

Archery revamp

The long-awaited archery changes are finally coming!

All archers receive a new set of buffs (buffs is probably the wrong word; abilities sounds more accurate) by spending points in their bow line
More versatility - there will be many varied types of shots; close range, far range, magical shots, etc
Simplification of interface - no more arrows, one click will fire one shot
Fire, cold, and poison arrow graphical effects added
Beastcraft/Pathfinding/Shield and other such differences will remain; bow abilities are being normalized, not all abilities.

1.89 - June

1.89 will mostly be an update to NF - will we call it NF2, or New New Frontiers (NNF)?

Structure updates:
Different levels of keep will no longer be different heights; all will be about what is currently level 2-3
Upgrading will increase strength of walls and doors
There will still be a visual way to tell what level a keep is
Ladders will be removed and replaced with ramps (this got a big cheer)
Bridges will have lower towers, no ladders
Players below will be able to attack players above

Brush system for NF - it sounded like not just more grass but possibly brush you might use to hide or for other tactics.

Too steep code changes - remove code that stops movement, will just move slower; will be able to run almost anywhere in NF, except possibly around some of the chokepoints.

Player clip distance increase - variable options for performance vs distance

In the only non-NF related change mentioned, they'll start updating the UI, though most of that (including a "modernization" of the look, new icons, and presumably more) won't come until toward the end of the year.

Account Services

Nothing really new was revealed about this, other than that they WILL be doing it - the poll either wasn't being used to make that decision, or it was an easy decision.

He named the services we've already seen mentioned:
Account split
Gender respec
Character transfers across servers
Additional inventory slots - characters
Additional vault slots - horses

He didn't go into any detail, other than to say that gender respecs have in fact been heavily requested because people don't like the way one gender looks for their race (presumably because of Catacombs model changes).

There were some other services suggested by audience members that he said were possibilities, but I couldn't make out what those were. According to Luclin, two of them are race respecs and starting stat respecs.

Camelot Campaigns

We already knew some things about these, but he expanded on the concept a bit and shared a small preview of the current Campaign…

Campaigns will offer new content every 2 weeks within a 6 month period.
Rather than adding new areas, Mythic will use the Campaigns to bring life back to old areas - starting this time with the "epic" zones (homes of the original dragons).
There will be new item drops, new creatures, and a lot of changes to existing creatures.
Campaigns will be free.
Over the course of a year, will get as much if not more new content than an expansion would provide.
This Campaign will see the classic dragons revamped, including new art. The other mobs in epic zones will also get new art.

That ended the "Camelot in 2007" presentation. They did not mention an expansion - which could usually just be assumed to be coming this winter, but would be worth mentioning this year given the Campaigns. The lack of mention is probably that they didn't realize there's any confusion about whether Campaigns are replacing expansions… based on conversations I've had with them, I don't think Mythic is at all interested in getting rid of the retail expansions.

Q&A

After the presentation he took questions from the audience, leading to answers containing the following…

There's been talk of more clustering, but they want to wait until they can see the effect of Campaigns and the NF changes.

They're looking at making Bounty Points more useful, with better things to purchase. Those might go in 1.88.

They might make the basic horse (currently level 35) available at level 10.

Housing utility - there's been some talk about instancing housing and providing more things to do in housing. If they don't instance, they're still looking at more things to put in houses to provide more utility.

In-game mail is coming; probably with the UI revamp toward the end of the year.

They're looking at why Midgard's population is low and how to fix it; don't think the reason is because of the look and feel of the zones.

They're thinking about some kind of automated RvR balancing system to aid when one realm seems to have all the advantages. (This sounded to me like the NPC allies players of WAR will get to balance out the population of battlegrounds, but he didn't elaborate.)

And there you have it - almost as good as watching the video, which is almost as good as being there! If you WERE there, please let me know what people suggested as account services, or anything else of use that you heard.

Uriel
Webmaster, Classes of Camelot
I feel your scorn and I accept it."

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
A very good break down of the video. The only thing you dont get from that are the graphics showing the potential changes to keep walls/bridges and the look of the new dragon skins.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Omg @ the eld comment.. He even sounds retarded :D

Some nice changes tho! No ladders anymore! <o/

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:

Darzil

A new streamlined and sensible interface as well as a more fluid movement system might actually make me come back to daoc one more time :eek7:

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Arkian said:
You're totally missing my point, i'm not saying that they shouldn't be able to shoot people from outside of nuke range, there's nothing wrong with them doing that.

I fail to see why it's outside of last attacker or face range.

Most people I attack with my ranger cant face me, reasons why - I use true sight 3 +50% to range so its at about 3250 units, at that range you can hardly see me let alone hope to face me.

:)

Eble

Gamah

Banned
Disapointed how they skipped over the music class love with no real mention of what was being addressed..if they take this opportunity only to make minstrel speed instant I will be fucking disapointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom