Very odd LD'ing problem! any advice welcome

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
Ive never experienced this problem up until the other day, when i installed my new motherboard and GFX card.

The LD problem is this. I sometimes (not always) go LD when i swap zones, use frontier teleport stones, or release my corpse in rvr (pretty much swapping zones in most cases, but sometimes it just happens when i dont swap zones). I can move around (even though im not doing this on other peoples screen) and i can see people move, cast spells, talk in chat etc etc, but i cant interact with anything, cast spells etc and my combat log doesnt update if i click someone (it should say "you target blahblah, he is a member of your realm" etc).
My theory is that the game stops sending data to the server, but carries on recieving data. After 1-2minutes of this i LD.

When installing my new motherboard i had a few problems, so had to reinstall windows (i didnt reformat). Because i reinstalled windows, it doesnt recognise my games in the registry (maybe this is the problem, im not sure yet). Im running games by opening explorer and using the game .exe's.

Ive checked windows fire wall since reinstalling windows and made exceptions for daoc so that its not causing this problem and i even tried turning it off but i still had the problem.

I can go for 6 hours not having this problem, then suddenly i'll LD within 2 minutes of starting the game and i wont be able to play at all.

HELP! :<

PS. new mobo and GFX card = Abit NV8 pro - ATI Sapphire Radeon x800 GTO2

Shad

Fledgling Freddie
turn of 'Hardware Checksumming' or 'Checksum Offload' in the properties of your network card.

Cheers

Kinag

Part of the furniture
That won't help unless it's a onboard networks card though If I'm correct.

Since the problem started when he installed his motherboard and his new gfx card.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Dude, the worst think you can do is buya new motherboard and reinstalling windows without formatting. You are doomed to get problems, since there is allot of crap in the registry and in the system files for the old motherboard.

Really, spend a few hours reformatting and renistalling everything, the end result will be much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom