Very interesting DPS-test Mostly mid tanks sofar, but

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Its updated now. He changed a bit it the test method, and is using some other specs. He also have used only one style with a 0.6 growthrate without bleed. This is because he wan't to compare the classes, he is not looking for a MAX-output...

The new, and colourful, table can be accessed with my original links. Same goes for the thread where he explains how/why he had to change some test criterias (due to hints for other TL's and stuff...)

In short:

Two columns. One with and one without haste for each class. He didn't finish yet, so thanes (buhu) are not in this test. They will be added later.

-> Sava dmg was wrongly calculated (due to bleeds I understand...)
-> Haste DO help.

... more to come it seems.

Aussie

Banned
cougar said:
2 differant "i win" realmabilitys available in alb along with bodyguard, yet some random noob complain about melee dmg.
which RA's are those 2

Aussie

Banned
defensive RA's are so overpowered , especially with bodyguard ingame :m00:

Krane

Fledgling Freddie
Lets hope this will wake mythic up and they put savage dmg in line with others finally..

Altough by the time that happens it will be NF anyway.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Krane said:
Lets hope this will wake mythic up and they put savage dmg in line with others finally..

then QQ begins about AE-stun and runemaster dmg output i guess

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Vaar said:
-> Sava dmg was wrongly calculated (due to bleeds I understand...)
-> Haste DO help.
90k->80k != bleeds

(damn we need to adjust something so the savages arent so obvioulsy out of whack even when not using any reactionaries that would increase the damage even more)

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
PJS said:
90k->80k != bleeds

(damn we need to adjust something so the savages arent so obvioulsy out of whack even when not using any reactionaries that would increase the damage even more)

You do not hear ME disagree... And I'm a mid.

But keep in mind to run this test, he had to chain-heal the sava all the time. Those selfbuff costs a bit. Add the paper armor and they have, and more. There ARE plenty of drawbacks.

But balanced well... IMO no, but options on this will differ i recon. They will "dissapear" in NF anyway it seems. Along with a number of tanks from all realms.

Which reminds me. Feel free to read this thread and support the claim by sending feedback to mythic. I did. It is one of the better suggestions out there to save tanks. And going directly to mythic seems to be a way to accomplish something... Arguing on FW... sorry FH is just for the fun and the (once every blue moon) enlightenment.

Tank solution?

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I roll dark sm for NF, """"""""""""""""""""""""""'only"""""""""""""""""""""""" cloudsong left to complete his little artifact setup!

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Krane said:

Cry more fotm reroller :p

Ya rolled my zerker at tank era but still play her active so qq

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
wtf ? he removed the alb tanks ? he was afraid ppl would start to think when they found out that a polesarms give the same dam as a 2h skald ?

it is a conspirazy !!!! Osborn was NOT alone!! ! yes !

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
He seem to be planning to collect a thourogh study of ALL melee DPS. He is a MID RvR TL and started on his home turf... The rest will be added, unless the VN-whiners (do this... do that... do not do this...) gets to him.

That he removed the first test was kinda too bad really. But it WAS wrongly calculated, so I can understand his reasoning. The first test DID make it for better headlines though...

I for one will check this test out as he updates it with more classes, specs and factors. I have in one and a half year of reading various Daoc info, never seen one that looks this promising as a base of discussion of class balance between melee's. For all realms.

As the current findings goes...

It seems to fit quite well with the general "perception" of the classes.

Maybe I could say that zerker is a bit lower than I personally thought, but If you coun't zerker as a "positional-tank" you have to include the LA-positional styles and stuff, as a base to discuss nerfs and love...

Also the SB is doing a bit better than I would have guessed. But the 50/50 spec he have used ain't that common to say the least...

Thanes, it looks, did so bad in test run 2, that they fell out of the bottom of his chart... THAT HAS TO TELL SOMETHING.... Heh.

I sure hopes he endures the whines, and keep posting numbers. Understanding how this lovely game really works, would be nice. But I must say...
DaoC classbalance is more hardcore math than my uni ever offered... Do not even get me started on caster DPS:)

Xsorus-Merlin

Fledgling Freddie
Its not surprising the savage did more damage

I mean its a 90 growth rate taunt style vs a 60 growth rate taunt style

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
In seccond test (the one you can view now, in beautiful colours) is using a .60 style for all classes, including savas. The first test which gave savas 1,6 times the damage of warriors was featuring this flaw...

He removed it for a reason. THIS test is more factual, NOT complete, but more factual.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
you all know that 48 aug healers rox anyhow dont need a test for that!

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
imho he should use the "best" rvr style avalible for that spec/class..

ei rear stun thingy from savage.. double frost from zerger(or what ever it is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom