Ventrilo problems!

hastetherogue

Fledgling Freddie
so ive just got my pc back from a pc repair service (its always got a problem) and now my mic doesnt work, on any comms program, which sucks royally because i cant use it for RVR.

this headset / mic used to work on my old pc (that i used while this one was being repaired) and for the love of me i cant work out what the problem is. ive had lots of help from random people ive asked, and they've had me try a lot of things, from changing all the settings on ventrilo to fiddling with things on the windows device manager.

has anyone got any ideas?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Firstly ensure it is connected to the correct jack at the back of the pc, usually this will be colour coded pink i think.

B) Run through the hardware test wizard in windows, which will test it without any third party software. (Thats start > control panel > sound and audio devices > voice > test hardware) Edit: closed brackets.

C) Post here and see if you could hear yourself. You may also want to turn mic boost on. (Double click volume control click options > properties, click recording then ok. click advanced under microphone (use options > show advanced if you dont see an advanced button) put a tick box in the mic boost box.

D) Goto sleep as its too late, nn :|

hastetherogue

Fledgling Freddie
ty for your time

A) Well firstly, yes it is in the pink *jack* .. :]

B) Done the Hardware test many, many, many times and no luck.. detects no sound what so ever.

C) There is no box to tick for mic boost... only 1 box for *1 Monitoring* .. as if it can't detect that the mics plugged in???

D) NN :p and thanks for your time ><

Herjulf

Banned
Well, doubt it is your MIC that is the problem, although mechanically possible. The mic doesnt mysteriously talk to your computer in anyway.
its a damn condensator microphone, translating soundwaves into analogue electical impulses/waves.

What you need to do is be more precise.

What Soundcard do you have? <-- most likely the real reason to your problem.
What microphone
Infact post system specifications alltogether.

Cuz this is one of those.

"I cant start daoc please help me!" posts.

I have no idea what soundcard you have, for all i know you jammed the plug up your nose and your toe into the cd-burner hoping for interconnectivity.

VERY VERY common soundcard related problems FAQ:

Q. i used the drivers that came with the computer, is that good?

A: u so STUPID STUPID!!, those are usually EARLY REVISION drivers, and have been there since the hardware were first released. Find out what Soundcard brand you have and download the VERY newest driver form the manufacturers homepage. If you are using a INTEGRATED soundcard, the drivers usually come with the CHIPSET DRIVER PACKS, which can be downloaded at the MAINBOARD manufacturer homepage.

Q: I cannot get the microphone input to work in my Voicecomm program, even though i got fresh drivers, why is that?

A: You are not kind to strangers, thus a sinner. God hate you. Could also be.. Make shure you have choose the CORRECT input in the program. Typically DEVICE (For example Nforce2, Sblive etc)+ Microphone have to be choosen.
Choose the soundcard in which microphone input you plugged in the cable.

Q: now i can get my voice to be broadcasted but they only hear me whisper, why is that?

A: Because, in your microphone there is a colony of bacterial evil leprechauns, that are annoyed at your whining over warlocks on Ventrilo, so they blocked the mic with pillows. OR you may need to boost the mic, there is usually a +20DB boost option, to reach this option do this:
2x click the windows generic speaker icon down at the clock in the right corner, Choose alternatives, Click advanced mode. Then again click Alternativs, properties, choose input radio button + OK,make shure microphone is marked below, then you should see microphone volume control and a ADVANCED button below. click it and mark the +20db boost option.
Before you start talking on your voicecomm program make shure you TEST by using the TEST function, so you dont pop any friends eardrums.

Q: Why are you so sarcastic in this thread, herjulf?

A: Because my SB wont get a Co5 grp, and i hate the world because of it :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom