Ventrilo love/hate

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
Funny how people managed in SI/ToA OF then.

daaaamn lota typing and macros !

I find it lot more convenient with vent for sure, it saves a ton of typing :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
well, at SI times the combat wasnt as close to fast paced and stuff as it snow.... could do whit typeing.

now.... i cant do whit out it..... ppl want cure Nearsight, i dont have time to read the damn chat enymore. a stealther popped on one of the healers/casters.... am i going to type it now.... hell no, by the time im done.. that person is dead.

due to combat being 4x times faster than it was in SI times (memories :D), you can hardly do whitout instant communication.

vent/ts for pve tho :p dont need it.... when i pve i just chat whit ppl about random stuff :D or dont use it at all and listen to music

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
only if u dont trust your group mates...

and as posted above, no its not a necessity. ppl did just fine back in the days without it.
yeah but back in the old days we managed fine without aeroplanes doesn't mean they are crap.
The game has moved on the better player use it and helps for quicker actions better interaction and the best thing it actually brought my guild to a more personal/friendship "thing" not just an anonomous collection of pixels controlled by a nameless person

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Behmoth said:
yeah but back in the old days we managed fine without aeroplanes doesn't mean they are crap.
The game has moved on the better player use it and helps for quicker actions better interaction and the best thing it actually brought my guild to a more personal/friendship "thing" not just an anonomous collection of pixels controlled by a nameless person

aeroplanes crash so they do suck! :p

but yes i suppose ur right.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
My opinion is ...
Voice-comms have become more or less essential for competitive RvR, because it's hard to get a decent group if you don't use them, & because you're going to get constantly rolled by enemies using them if you're not using them.
It's one of the main contributory reasons why I no longer really RvR at all except in BGs.
I can't use voice-comms without disturbing my family, & even if I could I wouldn't, because IMHO voice-comms in what is still officially a RPG is quite simply out of place. It reduces it to a FPS in a fantasy background, but I guess that is probably actually what a fair majority of the RvR population wants, so nothing really wrong with that. It just isn't the experience I'm looking for when I play the game. I'm looking to submerge myself into an alternative world, & I find voice-comms detracts from that enormously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom