Vengeance Recruiting

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Your right, you have the right to play with as many dicks as you want, all shapes, sizes and colours of the rainbow :)

Eeeexactly :D

Especially if i'm paying 15e/month of my own hard earned money to do so.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is AoC 15 euro/month? Eeeeks :mad:

Well i use prepaid cards, 28e for 60 days, so it's close enough.

Kinda like, "How much for the night", a euro here or there doesn't remove the fact your getting screwed.

Would be a better joke if i thought i was getting screwed in AoC :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I'll say it like this:

I've been playing since release(woho, can finally say that :D) and you know what? I've got two characters, one at 21 and one at 15. I spent 3 f*cking days in PLAY time on tortage with my first character. 3 f*cking days! :D

I like to get everything out of a game i'm paying to play, and there's no motherf*cker on this planet who can say how/when/what/or with what dick i should play with.

Hope you aren't broke after "looking" at all the Tortage whores for so long.

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Intersting how you all run in to defend the PvE servers when I merly said that it is wrong and missinformed to make the comparision between DAoC PvP and AoC EU PvP servers.

Even if you agree or not the fact is on a PvE server 50% of the game is cut off when it comes to PvP. Fact is you cannot have a huge guild vs guild fight in the wheete fields of say Potain on a PvE server where you can on a PvP sever.

And for the one commenting on PoM beeing a broken OPed class and me taking players 4-5 levels higher then me and all that. Again your just basing your ideas and theories from other games, in AoC low level chars can gank you, level is not as important as in other games. I almost got ganked by 2x lvl 23 and 24 players yesterday when I was on a mount ( Though this seem from my PoV abit bugged ), and I'm level 63 soon 64.

And the comparison between US and EU servers, c'mon..

With all this said I'm not saying you should change or that one is better then the other. I simply just said I never saw the reason to why someone who openly say "I'm here for PvP" but then plays on a PvE server 'cus they don't wanna get ganked a la WoW / DAoC pvp server when leveling, when infact it is not WoW or DAoC they are playing but AoC - where atleast my experience is totally diffrent then the lame parallells some people try to make.

Not trying to flame anyone now, on the contrary, I would rather see most of you on Fury since I personally would think it to be nice to have more familiar faces about, but then again I will not go on a PvE server ever unless my viewings change :p.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Vengeance is recruiting! remember? ;P

It's a stealth way of bumping the thread without simply typing "+1" and getting slapped wrists...don't worry, it's all for the good of the OP and the thread topic ;)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
lol robot xD

didn't realise VGN were on Dagon

Is patriek playing ? lol

had some fun with VGN in wow and guild wars

Robot

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Fed! long time no see mate :)

Yeah a bunch of us decided to go give AoC a try. Tried to get fat Pat to join us, but he's playing WAR beta atm :p

You playing on Dagon Fed?

Robot

Fledgling Freddie
lol just noticed it says on ya sig Dagon :p

Well be good to bump into you again mate in game.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
With all this said I'm not saying you should change or that one is better then the other. I simply just said I never saw the reason to why someone who openly say "I'm here for PvP" but then plays on a PvE server 'cus they don't wanna get ganked a la WoW / DAoC pvp server when leveling, when infact it is not WoW or DAoC they are playing but AoC - where atleast my experience is totally diffrent then the lame parallells some people try to make.

I can fully understand people not wanting to play on a PvP server if their not able to play hardcore right of the start.. personally, I would have chosen pvp server if my summer had already started, but it still hasn't.

PvE offers safe leveling while also offering endgame material that looks very promising (boarder kingdoms), been there a fair few times, and if I want to PvP, which is why I play AoC, I can easily find it, and choose when to, you on the other hand can't and its gonna be spread out across all the fucking zones, while we have it focused in one. And surely people will go there even if their lowbies, but in the end, its gonna be the end game of equal level and thus a kind of "fair" stage, PvP server is very different in that perspective as pvp is spread out, 80s bashing lowbies over the head. fun!

Cruzz

Fledgling Freddie
Intersting how you all run in to defend the PvE servers when I merly said that it is wrong and missinformed to make the comparision between DAoC PvP and AoC EU PvP servers.

Even if you agree or not the fact is on a PvE server 50% of the game is cut off when it comes to PvP. Fact is you cannot have a huge guild vs guild fight in the wheete fields of say Potain on a PvE server where you can on a PvP sever.

And for the one commenting on PoM beeing a broken OPed class and me taking players 4-5 levels higher then me and all that. Again your just basing your ideas and theories from other games, in AoC low level chars can gank you, level is not as important as in other games. I almost got ganked by 2x lvl 23 and 24 players yesterday when I was on a mount ( Though this seem from my PoV abit bugged ), and I'm level 63 soon 64.

And the comparison between US and EU servers, c'mon..

Not trying to flame anyone now, on the contrary, I would rather see most of you on Fury since I personally would think it to be nice to have more familiar faces about, but then again I will not go on a PvE server ever unless my viewings change :p.

Why you keep claiming that this is somehow magically different from Camlann I cannot fathom. From my point of view (and I do have a ~40 alt on Fury) they're almost exactly the same. Especially on the ganking part. I haven't seen a single fair fight as of yet as I don't bother attacking people myself, and the only times I've ever been attacked are when my health is below 1/3rd or a gank squad ran into me. Only 15 deaths up to 40 so it isn't "that" bad, but the ganking will probably just get worse as people get higher level and bored of el grind.

All in all, the major reason I don't really like playing on Fury is not the free PvP per se, but rather the the player base that it has attracted. Most players really seem to have the mental age of a 12-year-old there. The OOC always seems to be full of "haha u suck" "lol noobs get a life" etcetra, and there is always someone camping players in the arena in Tarantia Noble.

As for PoM (and BS) being broken, I'd very much agree they are 1vs1. Frankly the fight is already decided before it even starts, unless you're a class that can do very high spikes you'll lose against the healer.

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Why you keep claiming that this is somehow magically different from Camlann I cannot fathom. From my point of view (and I do have a ~40 alt on Fury) they're almost exactly the same. Especially on the ganking part. I haven't seen a single fair fight as of yet as I don't bother attacking people myself, and the only times I've ever been attacked are when my health is below 1/3rd or a gank squad ran into me. Only 15 deaths up to 40 so it isn't "that" bad, but the ganking will probably just get worse as people get higher level and bored of el grind.

All in all, the major reason I don't really like playing on Fury is not the free PvP per se, but rather the the player base that it has attracted. Most players really seem to have the mental age of a 12-year-old there. The OOC always seems to be full of "haha u suck" "lol noobs get a life" etcetra, and there is always someone camping players in the arena in Tarantia Noble.

As for PoM (and BS) being broken, I'd very much agree they are 1vs1. Frankly the fight is already decided before it even starts, unless you're a class that can do very high spikes you'll lose against the healer.

Well, you died 15 times in 40 levels and yet you claim that it is somewhat like camlann, as you said it even "that bad", and perhaps you had bad luck I don't know. I mean the corpse camping and chaining people talk about I never experienced personally, I've been attacked when doing pulls..most times I been able to just kite away and sometimes I gone nuclear and killed all the mobs and the attackers with 2 spells (this is somewhat unbalanced the way we can sometimes do 4500 dmg in one spell basically, then the next spell we do 300 dmg on a lvl 20 person... ).

The whine about PoM beeing broken is not even half true, you should read what the level 80 PoMs experience, we do not do that much damage compared to ToS who do insane amounts of damage and BS who do more then us but not as the ToS.

Seriously though, the comparison between Camlann lol server and Fury is not there, and the need to play "hardcore" on Fury to survive is just a false belif or fixation. People do not gank eachother left right and center, neevr seen that. Some guilds are rivals and they do kill eachother but they leave others be, since there is no point ganking some1 who will instantly port to a WP 5 s later where you get no reward and he get no penalty.

3 Played days lvl 63 soon 64 myself, I don't see how that can be harcore playage in a 3 weeks period.

Ah well, you don't see my point and I have heard nothing from anyone else that actually made sense to why you would like a PvE server when your there to PvP ( nothing else ). Seems like most of you have a false image of how a PvP server is supposed to be. This game is not EVE nor is it DAoC illbalanced Camlann/Mordered, nothing hardcore about a PvP server, all it offers is less limitations for someone who plays the game for the PvP aspect and not the PvE content.

Leave it at that :p Hope you all come visit Fury when your fed up with the PvE servers though :cheers:

Cruzz

Fledgling Freddie
Well, you died 15 times in 40 levels and yet you claim that it is somewhat like camlann, as you said it even "that bad", and perhaps you had bad luck I don't know.

The reason I only have 15 times is that I play a class that doesn't die easily (Guardian), you could double the number if you counted the times someone has tried to gank me and I've gotten away only because I have more health than is healthy to have, plus running away in this game is fairly easy against most classes as snares are pretty rare.

The whine about PoM beeing broken is not even half true, you should read what the level 80 PoMs experience, we do not do that much damage compared to ToS who do insane amounts of damage and BS who do more then us but not as the ToS.
My main is a 62 PoM, atleast up to that point it has lived up to all the talk about imba and then some.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Fed! long time no see mate :)

Yeah a bunch of us decided to go give AoC a try. Tried to get fat Pat to join us, but he's playing WAR beta atm :p

You playing on Dagon Fed?

Hi Rob, are any of your other ex-daoc rl mates playing?

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
The reason I only have 15 times is that I play a class that doesn't die easily (Guardian), you could double the number if you counted the times someone has tried to gank me and I've gotten away only because I have more health than is healthy to have, plus running away in this game is fairly easy against most classes as snares are pretty rare.

My main is a 62 PoM, atleast up to that point it has lived up to all the talk about imba and then some.

Well as you said, your on a PvE server, you havn't pvped. Talking to 80 PoMs on fury they give you a diffrent impression. Nuking for 600-700 on people with 10k hp who use health pots constantly and doing 1500 dmg on you a pop is the reality. The coolcown timers on the cc and the lenght + immunity on the cc spells are what I read people complain about and from what I seen and noticed during my PvPing I agree. For example the reuplse i a 2.5 s cast time, and when people see you cast it they kite out of radius and I have taken all feats for the repulse, both damage and range, so I have a 6 m radius atm.

Anyway, this is all beside the point, that PvP servers are not even half as harsh as some peoples somewhat "baised" opinons make it out.

A guardian is a gimped class compared to most others. If you weren't ganked alot due to high hp, then choosing any of the other healing classes you vauge it was due to your healing capabilities, and if you where on a dps class u'd claim it was 'cus your dps abilities work as a deterrent. Most classes in the game, except possibly demonologist are fairly hard to kill if they decide to play on the defence.

Anyway, killed 15 times 1-40 is far from harsh and "hardcore", I died now cirka 20 times, from 1-64 and that nothing if you ask me not even annoying since most of the times it has been close to a wp and 10 s later I can roll again.

Ah well, lets agree to disargee, since obviously neither one of our arguments ( mine and yours/you guys ) is getting across. My own argument ain't that strong, since there will always be "what if..." and "but in that situation..." and all that, but regardless, my experience of the PvP servers where you ( fact ) will have a more full experience ain't that harsh to level up on at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom