Vehicles hard to pilot

O

old.logic7

Aiight, picked up my copy of Tribes2 on Friday. I found that piloting vehicles is pretty tough. There's a certain "looseness" to the controls that's rather annoying. The Grav Cycle is particularly annoying, that thing is all but impossible to control.

Anyone got any pointers?

S

SAS

Vehicles work fine. After your used to them driving/flying becomes easy. Some people will be good drivers. Others good gunners e.t.c.

O

old.[BP]Savage

Hey logic...u in uk if you got it where from?

M

Milkshake

Yep

These vehicles are superb, if you just treat them like a rally car..

1) Turn a little early
2) Finish turn
3) Apply power by boosting.

You follow these steps, you'll end up as good as me :)

H

haggisman

ahhh just read the other thread logic lives in america! :)

[Edited by haggisman on 02-04-01 at 19:44]

O

old.Kurt_Angle

The tank is piss to drive, same with the bomber and transport, but the grav cycle and scout are imposable. The first thing i did with the scout was end up flying down into a mounting. I jumped out and sent the thing tumbling down the side of it:) Great effect, i chased it, but it blew up before i could get back in;)

I do think though that it prolly would be quicker, AND alot more easy just to leg it to the nme base, ffs them base turrets knock you out of the sky in seconds:p

O

old.Cpl_Custard

Apparently the grav cycle was made hard on pupose so that you average newbie couldn't grab the flag and get outrun 4 l33t chasers. Obviously, there are going to be cappers that can drive that thing VERY well (me hopefully) but grav/shrike capping is going to require skill.

G

capping in gravcycles

Custard mate - a clanmate of mine was capping on the CTF map Inferno with a gravcycle repeatedly...and being a clanmate of mine he is a fully qualified newbie llama :).

I find the gravcycle incredibly hard to control - hmm what does that make me? dont comment :p

S

SAS

Again some people will make good drivers e.t.c :p

Once you work out how to handle the gravcycle it rocks :)(when you go up over the top of a hill ease off the accelerator, and when doing a sharp turn break at the same time.)

O

old.[DT] Turdmonkey

How the hell has milky and x got it now Im thinking bout it?

H

haggisman

either very lucky, have american links, were in the meta or have become part of the dynamix dev team?

O

old.logic7

Yep, I'm in the US!

I still can't pilot worth a damn. A shame too, I could fly everything in Tribes well.

O

old.frankie

Ya need to be a boy racer like me to be able to drive good...

:)

treat it like a modified nova and rev the nuts off it and just go wild!

W

Wij

Originally posted by frankie
treat it like a modified nova and rev the nuts off it and just go wild!

And watch it fall to bits :)

O

old.logic7

Tried it again, I'm getting the hang of it. The controls still feel a bit loose.

H

haggisman

stop teasing us, just because you HAVE T2. sniff sniff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom