Vavires

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
OK. you havent responded to the overwhelming criticism of you new rules.

Heres the deal.

You have remade the rules to suit yourself. Posting raids with rules and then changing them after you have aranged a date. Not acceptable. If you had made the new rule about your taking an item from each raid and then posted the new raid schedule then perhaps i might have let it go. But you had made a raid schedule, posted the rules abt them and then changed it minutes before a raid had started.

So. If you do not respond in a timely manner...ie 24 hours. I will run raids to help midgard on days before your raids begin. That means I will run the same raids you have posted but 24 hours before. See how many ppl join your raids where the raid leader is greedy and selfish claiming a blank choice over what drops.

You have been warned.

I do respect you. Make no mistake about that. What i do not respect is the fact that you seem to what to shout from the roof tops about what a contribution you have made to our realm. And the fact that you seem to think we owe you a favour for running these raids. Belxavier was rite. A monkey can run a raid. What bothers me is that monkey feels that he can take advantage of our goodwill.

You are welcome to join me in leading these raids. in fact I will give you all the salvage loot that comes from it. and I will give you credit and let you make all the decisions and actions. But make no mistake.... I will not let you hold our realm to ransom by claiming the best item from each raid you lead. Remember...the reason you actually complete these raids isnt your leadership, but the fact that ppl come along.

Gustav.

Ps pm me or post here i do not mind. But mark my words if you do not come up with an acceptable alternative then I will start running your raids.

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
if u dont like the rules dont go on the raid... He has a right to claim a item if he so wants to Durgi did the same on some off hes raids and i didnt see u starting posts about anti hes raids did i ?

Cmos

Fledgling Freddie
Guess your missing the big point here WW.
And since this thread was made to Vavires.....why not let him speak for himself?

risser

Fledgling Freddie
For me and other opinions I have heard I think gustav hit the nail on the head.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Werewolf said:
if u dont like the rules dont go on the raid... He has a right to claim a item if he so wants to Durgi did the same on some off hes raids and i didnt see u starting posts about anti hes raids did i ?

The problem is he has booked a lot of raids already then changed the rules. Now midgardians have no other option but to go on his raids. So I am offering an alternative. And I am making sure Vavires is still a part of that alternative and gets the glory and salvage that comes with it.

Do I need to refer you to all the posts that resulted from his sudden change in rules? Its obvious ppl are unhappy about it.

and...I don't need to go on his raids. All my chars are ml8+ But others do need to go...

Skrad

Fledgling Freddie
doh...

Gustav has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
I neglected to mention that the only raids I'm talking about are the ones that are posted before the rule change. It is his perogative, and in fact right, to make rules and to have ppl adhear to them. His raids his rules. I don't have a problem with that. Just don't post raids and book a schedule of them and then change those rules afterwards. It doesnt give anyone else an alternative and its damn rude of anyone (especially me) to disrupt those raids already posted by running another in the same timeframe.

MLs are different. You need a large amount of ppl to turn up to help you and once that particular ml is done theres not much reason to run another one days later. They don't really have to be done in a particular order ML2 ML3 ML4 ML6 ML8 can be completed without any pre-req ml levels. But theres very little chance of running a successful one if the same ml has just been done a week earlier. They help everyone, and its not a platform to try to extort cash or items from.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Good initiative, Gustav. Let's not award greed and arrogance.

Brite

Banned
absolute crazy that rule of keeping one item, on the lower mls (ml2 for instance) there would be maybe one decent item that drops off runar and if thats claimed already whats the point in anyone who doesnt need credit going and helping people, ml9 / ml10 could reserve yourself some VERY expensive items but you are putting in the SAME time as everyone else.

I know it takes a bit more effort to lead ofcourse and can drive you crazy but taking an item is just pure greedy really, maybe a +mod might be a better idea if anything at all but overall you should do it for the satisfacton of knowing you have helped many people out by them getting credit / items, PLUS your getting credit again

The old leaders of belo (and his brother) and roo (i think names are right i have a bad selective memory :p) they did a great job running several raids PLUS catchup raids when they didnt even need credit they would still do them PLUS group raids aswell as RvR events and they are sorely missed, maybe you should learn from what they did

gustav for prez ;P

<cough> do a ml8 ;<

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Nice points and well argumented...

Gustav said:
I neglected to mention that the only raids I'm talking about are the ones that are posted before the rule change. It is his perogative, and in fact right, to make rules and to have ppl adhear to them. His raids his rules. I don't have a problem with that. Just don't post raids and book a schedule of them and then change those rules afterwards. It doesnt give anyone else an alternative and its damn rude of anyone (especially me) to disrupt those raids already posted by running another in the same timeframe.

MLs are different. You need a large amount of ppl to turn up to help you and once that particular ml is done theres not much reason to run another one days later. They don't really have to be done in a particular order ML2 ML3 ML4 ML6 ML8 can be completed without any pre-req ml levels. But theres very little chance of running a successful one if the same ml has just been done a week earlier. They help everyone, and its not a platform to try to extort cash or items from.

A nice point and well argumented Gustav...

But I must say I dont agree with you on this. I actually think its the realm itself that might be abit at fault here. A decent thing on a raid would be for all that join it, by their own initiative, offer the raid leader to choose an item out of appreciation for the effort he/she puts into gathering the people. I actually think we as players should be abit ashamed that we havent done this and therefor forced several raidleaders to have to infuse this as a rule instead.

It takes alot of work hosting these raids, as you well know. Thats the reason why no raidleaders last very long. (The list can be made long with raidleaders growing tired of the work and just dropping the whole thing). So giving them first choice of an item on a raid for the work they put in isnt in my opinion asking to much. (Ofc there might be a line where it turns to greed but that line isnt here in my opinion)

If people dont like the rules some other raidleader will show up and redo the raid and those people will go for that raid.

But I say give those people with stamina enough to keep up the hard work of hosting raids a just reward for their good job. You, Ovron, Vavires, Bluesky, and the BaF people hosting erinys charm, all deserve our appreciation, and giving you 1 free choice item from the raids you organize (well maybe not erinys and jasinash artis since thats the whole point of that raid:) is the least we can do to show our appreciation.

/Charmangle

Brite

Banned
I think if i (or anyone else) could chose an item of my choice from a ML (especially 9 or 10) every man and his dog would run them as the reward is massive for the effort people put in, as you can get completely priceless items

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well isnt that a good thing ?:)

Brite said:
I think if i (or anyone else) could chose an item of my choice from a ML (especially 9 or 10) every man and his dog would run them as the reward is massive for the effort people put in, as you can get completely priceless items

Well isnt that a good thing ?
(I would love to see 1 of those raid every day if possible:)

There might maybe be some drops that its just greedy for a raidleader to claim. But thats more up to the raidleaders concience. (But in my opinion that would be only the really really really rare items that you are talking about)

But to be honest I dont think we would see more raids than now anyway. Its easy to say that its not that much effort its a whole other thing to keep organizing the raids with all the things that brings.

/Charmangle

Brite

Banned
charmangle said:
Well isnt that a good thing ?
(I would love to see 1 of those raid every day if possible:)

There might maybe be some drops that its just greedy for a raidleader to claim. But thats more up to the raidleaders concience. (But in my opinion that would be only the really really really rare items that you are talking about)

/Charmangle

with 5 people turning upto each raid as there 8 organised on one day, not going to work

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
answered already, im not here 24/7, and I just wish to say that I think it's low and disrespectful to make these sort of threats.
But read my post first, maybe you will think differently then

Grz
Vavires

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
I apologise Vav. I over reacted as i normally do IRL.

It may be a case of too late and to much said but I hope you can accept my apology.

Gustav

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Oh dear, didnt like what I read here at all. But I think charmangle sums it up pretty well. I can add that when I ran ML raids it was'nt to get items, and with my uber rolling skills I think I won 2 items, one lgm component and one semi rog thingy ;). Point beeing that not all raid leaders make these raids to gain items, but some do.The comunity have to deside wish they would rather want, if you are ok with give the raid leader an item then good for them, but we all know that the general greed of ppl will stop ppl from joining some of the raids since just getting the ML steps done and beeing able to roll for the other items isnt enough.. WE HAVE TO ROLL FOR EVERYTHING OR WE WILL QQ!!

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Kedoz said:
Oh dear, didnt like what I read here at all. But I think charmangle sums it up pretty well. I can add that when I ran ML raids it was'nt to get items, and with my uber rolling skills I think I won 2 items, one lgm component and one semi rog thingy ;). Point beeing that not all raid leaders make these raids to gain items, but some do.The comunity have to deside wish they would rather want, if you are ok with give the raid leader an item then good for them, but we all know that the general greed of ppl will stop ppl from joining some of the raids since just getting the ML steps done and beeing able to roll for the other items isnt enough.. WE HAVE TO ROLL FOR EVERYTHING OR WE WILL QQ!!

I agree with zelaz here. There are only so for those items what are nice in quality per ML raid mob(s), and so many of them players (usually) who would like to have it (those). So only solution for these raids is to roll for an item. Everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread