vamps ARRGH

Things

Fledgling Freddie
started a vamp today (ya!)

was looking to use if for farming gold etc- seen as i cant run 2 accounts all the time.

and i've looked at many different sites, and they all have different specs and everyone seems to have different ideas about them....

can someone please give me a pve spec? (at 50)

Cheers

Veel

Roko

Fledgling Freddie
i manage quite well at 50 with 43 pierce, and then hight shadow mastery for end tap, melee spd buff, parry buff, HoT etc. Think im specced about 45 or 46 in sm... ;)
Rest goes into dementia for the extra melee resists.

Can do oj's easy, and some reds, with the right equipment i guess u can take reds kinda easy

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Vamps should have np xping , but it is rather important to have a 98%+ quality piercer if possible past level 20 as if you miss a lot you will die as no mana for buffs etc ;)

My Vampiir on Camlann is fotm 43 pierce (Very highly recommended) 38 Shadow mastery and 32 Vampiiric embrace as it gives yellow End tap /Parry buff /Evade buff /Claw / Haste / Fumble debuff etc :D

But From what ive read Fumble Debuff is getting a nerf soon so Vampiiric embrace is less appealing as a specline :(

So id say 43 Pierce , 45-50 Shadow Mastery Rest Dementia maybe for PvE

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda agree about the spec's, im levelling one at the moment and its rather difficult to come up with a final plan.

All 4 spec lines are pretty strong, just with different advantages, hard to choose what to miss out on, but then thats a nice problem to have for a class I suppose.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
Kinda agree about the spec's, im levelling one at the moment and its rather difficult to come up with a final plan.

All 4 spec lines are pretty strong, just with different advantages, hard to choose what to miss out on, but then thats a nice problem to have for a class I suppose.

LoL such hidden whinge again. You'll see how easymode vamps are Kagato :>

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
LoL such hidden whinge again. You'll see how easymode vamps are Kagato :>

Its really quite sweet having such an obessesive stalker like you, makes me feel so loved, tell me, do you have my pictures all over your walls too?

As for vamps, they are a good class, quite strong, but not over powered unless fighting unbuffed enemies.

And theres no whine, I just said they have 4 good strong spec lines to choose between, non of them are weak, you just have to pick which advantages you can most do without, which is how all classes should be.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
Its really quite sweet having such an obessesive stalker like you, makes me feel so loved, tell me, do you have my pictures all over your walls too?

As for vamps, they are a good class, quite strong, but not over powered unless fighting unbuffed enemies.

And theres no whine, I just said they have 4 good strong spec lines to choose between, non of them are weak, you just have to pick which advantages you can most do without, which is how all classes should be.

Indeed i do, your pike is so hard and long, it makes me dr00l :|

Quite strong, i dunno. Leather armour on a visible isnt all that tbh and any class is good vs unbuffed oponents.

3 spec lines btw and 1 pierce line. Try out dementia if you fancy a challange, but do it after you lvl'd to 50.
Gimme a couple of examples btw, where a class doesnt have to pick out advantages they can do without the most.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Vampiir with no mana = Dead Donkey tbh :(

Not all that and a bag of chips they made out to be as they have no passive defence and wear leather armor ...

That being said it will be interesting to see how peeps spec after nerf , sure Shadow Mastery is the best PvE spec , if a little low utility for PvP ... there aint no cookie cutter spec anymore ;)

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie

around lvl 45 givf groupage with my chanter xD need exp too ^^

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
My vamp is 40p, 40SM, 33VE.

With this spec i got ~2000 ws at rr2 with crap suit. He do ok in PvE, havnt tried any purple mobs yet tho. He's stuck as PL bot in task dungeons.. :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Only 24 at moment :( still figuring out best places to exp etc.

As for specs, 3 spec lines and pierce yes, but pierce itself is as equally important as the other lines still as you need it to get the power in first place.

Personally I was looking at a dementia/sm spec but I don't like the idea of missing out on the weaponskill buff.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Only 24 at moment :( still figuring out best places to exp etc.

As for specs, 3 spec lines and pierce yes, but pierce itself is as equally important as the other lines still as you need it to get the power in first place.

Personally I was looking at a dementia/sm spec but I don't like the idea of missing out on the weaponskill buff.

Power is not a problem for me with my spec (40/40/33). With 2000 ws, 2x Anytime styles gives me similar as much power as Vampiiric Fient/Eye Shot do togheter. With evade/parry followups, my power seem to be even better. All buffs up after first mob, and ready to spam my 40 sm DD. :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
My vamp is 40p, 40SM, 33VE.

With this spec i got ~2000 ws at rr2 with crap suit. He do ok in PvE, havnt tried any purple mobs yet tho. He's stuck as PL bot in task dungeons.. :)

That Weapon skill is pointless without Eyeshot ;)

43 Pierce 38 sm 32 ve does what you want only much much better :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
gimme some PL love so I can find out :( :wub:

Also, doesn't missing out on the highest magical strike also seriously lower your damage potential?

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
gimme some PL love so I can find out :( :wub:

Also, doesn't missing out on the highest magical strike also seriously lower your damage potential?

Plz kagato. SM vamp is probebly the easiest class to solo lvl in the game. If you wan't, you'll be lvl 50 on your own in just 2-3 days of task dungeons..

Things

Fledgling Freddie
well again, losts of ppl with different ideas/specs, surpose i'll just have to have ago my self and test them :p

lots of ppl said 50SM, but then i reckon ur losing out too much on other spec lines, i like the 43p, 38sm 34(?)ve spec, so i may give that a try.

What about RA's? although im only gonna be farming, i was thinking of getting to rr3ish (seen as it dont take long at all) and using them to help me out...

but do i got MoP3 or WP3? dunno tbh, only lvl 16 atm, but only took me 2hs and 43mins to get from 1-16 (nerf lvl 50 on account xp :p )

anyway- which ra's are best?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Plz kagato. SM vamp is probebly the easiest class to solo lvl in the game. If you wan't, you'll be lvl 50 on your own in just 2-3 days of task dungeons..

Is easy enough Aye ... but twisting End tap/HoT/Parry buffs is boring as hell :(

Friar is much more fun tbh :D

Punishment

Resident Freddy
well again, losts of ppl with different ideas/specs, surpose i'll just have to have ago my self and test them :p

lots of ppl said 50SM, but then i reckon ur losing out too much on other spec lines, i like the 43p, 38sm 34(?)ve spec, so i may give that a try.

What about RA's? although im only gonna be farming, i was thinking of getting to rr3ish (seen as it dont take long at all) and using them to help me out...

but do i got MoP3 or WP3? dunno tbh, only lvl 16 atm, but only took me 2hs and 43mins to get from 1-16 (nerf lvl 50 on account xp :p )

anyway- which ra's are best?

For PvP Charge 2-3 Is a must have , then Augs/Mopain i guess ;)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I made the mistake of keeping sm low so far, so going to have to waste a respec or just live through it for a few levels :(

Also task dungeons are just to damn boring alone when you hate pve :twak:

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
I made the mistake of keeping sm low so far, so going to have to waste a respec or just live through it for a few levels :(

imo catacombs, loads of quests, aurulite dungeons and named mobs for good drops

cmr

Banned
eyeshot ftw

leveling id keep SM, or whatever the end tap line is max, and rest in peirce

respeced at 40 to max peice rest sm and i just missed max sm so much :(

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
my vamps just gone dementia and its great fun :D much more to do than just hot + eyeshot + end tap during fights :) now in the process of templating it :D

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
my vamps just gone dementia and its great fun :D much more to do than just hot + eyeshot + end tap during fights :) now in the process of templating it :D

tried it awell. but you'll get soooo wtf pwn by stealthers.
But if you dont fight stealthers much, its great fun to fight casters :p

WS buff is a must if you even wanna try hitting stealthers..
without it. 90% of your attacks will get evaded =]

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Is easy enough Aye ... but twisting End tap/HoT/Parry buffs is boring as hell

Friar is much more fun tbh :D

Hehe, that is so true. It's userlly the strength in your fingers that is your worst enemy when xping/pling with a vampiir.. :)

Well, if you are low level you can always use /respec buy for a single respec. At ~level 20, such respec wont cost you more then 100-200g.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
started a vamp today (ya!)

was looking to use if for farming gold etc- seen as i cant run 2 accounts all the time.

and i've looked at many different sites, and they all have different specs and everyone seems to have different ideas about them....

can someone please give me a pve spec? (at 50)

Cheers

Veel

49sm, 43pierce, 10? ve for some ws buff (my vamp had like 1950ws with that grey buff) and some very basic evade (6%)

just for fun i soloed the vamp epics with this spec w/o much trouble.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Try 45p, 33ve, 35dem sometimes, if you want a challange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom