Vampiir guide?

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
saw a vampiir guide here somewere a while ago, was a realy good one..couldnt find it with the search option, annyone got anny urls to diff guides? maybe im lucky and finds it again :wub:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Also note that the SM claw (atleast the level 34+ ones) are hardly if ever resisted even on Epic mobs while the VE and Dem claws are resisted ALOT more (in PvE).
Still thinking if I will spec 43p 41v 28sm or 43p 48ve 13sm hope someone can give some advice regarding to that ;) by the way my Vamp is on Camlann so I'll be fighting basically every class.
What also might help if you are going to play on Camlann and are fighting another Vamp let him drain your end first, never ever drain his end before he drains yours unless you are already ooe, you should drain his end right after he drains yours so you can style for the next 15 seconds while he is ooe ;)

However a bit OP on Camlann a Vamp is quite fun to play and it's easy to take down red con Mercs/BMs with ease.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
Also note that the SM claw (atleast the level 34+ ones) are hardly if ever resisted even on Epic mobs while the VE and Dem claws are resisted ALOT more (in PvE).
Still thinking if I will spec 43p 41v 28sm or 43p 48ve 13sm hope someone can give some advice regarding to that ;) by the way my Vamp is on Camlann so I'll be fighting basically every class.
What also might help if you are going to play on Camlann and are fighting another Vamp let him drain your end first, never ever drain his end before he drains yours unless you are already ooe, you should drain his end right after he drains yours so you can style for the next 15 seconds while he is ooe ;)

However a bit OP on Camlann a Vamp is quite fun to play and it's easy to take down red con Mercs/BMs with ease.

Think a level 38 vamo took down a level 50 there ;o

Bahumat

FH is my second home
the spec you want is 43 pierce 38 sm 32(might be 36)VE

you get the 50% fumble plus your claw/speed/hot is all still really nice

purple spells cost alot of power :(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Shar for survivability, luri for dps.

Best spec was is and will be 48 VE 43 pierce 13 sm. Sorry but that's just how it is :p

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
quote from the googled guide (which is a bit outdated):

<<The Lurikeen is regarded as the weakest starting class for a Vampiir it comes with the lowest STR of all the classes meaning that claws are weaker because our power pool and damage is based on STR.>>

hmm, i'm pretty sure that powerpool is based on the strenght gain from items... starting stats or augumented str doesnt affect the power pool... so no matter if u are a luri, celt or shar, with 101 str in template all will have the same power pool.

besides that luri has the best dps output from the 3 classes (same weaponskill with celts but because of higher dex/qui he can cast/melee faster)

power pool is also increased by items with %power bonus... but there aren't any really good items that vamp can use :/

E

Efour

BG and rvr for solo vamps..

What about classes that aren't buffed?

Most are cannon fodders and very easy to kill, however if they can stun you then they do have a chance of winning if you don't have purge. :eek7:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
anioal said:
hmm, i'm pretty sure that powerpool is based on the strenght gain from items... starting stats or augumented str doesnt affect the power pool... so no matter if u are a luri, celt or shar, with 101 str in template all will have the same power pool.

besides that luri has the best dps output from the 3 classes (same weaponskill with celts but because of higher dex/qui he can cast/melee faster)

Nope, just buy Aug strenght RA and see the "Your power has increased" message same with starting strenght so yes it does matter.
Best DPS from 3 races is a Celt not a Luri as the Celt has the best damage starting stats already while a Shar will have more HP and a Luri is just smaller so relatively harder to target.

In the end it doesn't really matter that much if you got 101 strenght/dex/con template.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
power pool is also increased by items with %power bonus... but there aren't any really good items that vamp can use

Vamps can use a shield when they get CL3, most will get a MP crafted to help thier template but other options i found are:
Name: Arcanite Magma Infused Buckler (from ML7 Flame)
Level: 51 Quality: 100
DPS: Bonus:
Effect 1: 3 All Magic Skill Bonus
Effect 2: 25 Constitution
Effect 3: 17 AF Bonus
Effect 4: 2 Casting Speed Bonus
Effect 5: 9 Power Percentage Bonus
Heal Proc

Also the fiery protector from 1.1 is cheap and not too bad.

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
In the end it doesn't really matter that much if you got 101 strenght/dex/con template.

Sorry to say so but starting race does matter.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
Sorry to say so but starting race does matter.

Why?
People have different playing styles, if you want more HP you go Shar for more damage you go Celt etc.
So a Celt isn't better than a Shar and a Shar isn't better than a Celt as it all depends on your playing style.

This of course doesn't apply to all classes as with some classes you can gimp yourself with your starting race (Avalonian Paladin :twak: ) but with a Vamp all 3 races are good and it all depends on how you want to play.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Nope, just buy Aug strenght RA and see the "Your power has increased" message same with starting strenght so yes it does matter.
Best DPS from 3 races is a Celt not a Luri as the Celt has the best damage starting stats already while a Shar will have more HP and a Luri is just smaller so relatively harder to target.

such blatant lies...
test before you post craps here (that was about aug str affecting power pool)

now about celt being best dmg dealer vamp... that's just another missinformation.

celt has 60 str 60 dex, luri has 80 dex 40 str... that end's up into the same weapon skill since pierce is (str+dex)/2 but celt ends up with more hp but slower melee speed and slower cast speed while a luri can easily reach 250qui for fastest swing rate and will have better dex so he will claw faster And dont come here saying that str affects claw damage cause the difference can be safely ignored.

i maintain my oppinion that luri has best dps output and not because i play a luri vamp but because is a fact.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Celts can also easily reach 250 qui so that's not an advantage for luris.

Strength does increase claw damage (but aug str does not increase power pool), so in the end the str-dex difference basically even out between luri and celt as far as claws are concerned.

That leaves only con as the remaining difference and there the winner is celt.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
You do realise that for a celt to reach 250 quick you'll have to either get 100 quick in your template or compensate that with aug quick? For a luri to get 250 quick you just need 80 in template which is easy to reach as most will either use scallars or blackened bracer.

Andrilyn said:
Why?
People have different playing styles, if you want more HP you go Shar for more damage you go Celt etc.
So a Celt isn't better than a Shar and a Shar isn't better than a Celt as it all depends on your playing style.

This of course doesn't apply to all classes as with some classes you can gimp yourself with your starting race (Avalonian Paladin :twak: ) but with a Vamp all 3 races are good and it all depends on how you want to play.

Well as you said above there are differences. All I said was that race does matter, that's a fact. And as anioal said, luri has the best dps, people might not like it but it's also a fact. Likewise it's a fact that a shar will have more HPs than anyone else.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Eruptix said:
do you really need a guide to play a vampiir?:<

well, was this excelent one with spec tips tru levling, that was the part i was after :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom