Vamp

Lorgeil

One of Freddy's beloved
ok i have been thinking about somthing, What if a vamp get.

Magical Damage 10% (more dmg on the claw)
Spell Range 10% (for longer range on claw)
- 11 Vampiiric Embrace,Dementia,Shadow Mastery. Depent on spec - (give it alittle more dmg aswell)
- 11 Piercing

Try get as high he can in.
Melee Speed ?%
Melee Damage ?%
Style Damage ?%

becours the Claw dmg could be nice to get it around the 400dmg, on the claw, and still do som dmg with weapon.

Would this be a bad ide to try? or would you guys say i should try give it a go?

Couse i have never seen it in a template and i mayby think it could be worth tryin it.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
The main problem with that is power.
You need power to cast spells and claw and without it you are weakened.
We have 2 ways to get power, power drain spell (if we get jump on someone)
Doing Melee Damage
This is why most templates are based on the damage and str/dex cap.
The way i saw it was that given we could make a decent template before DR, after we could get an extra shield.
So rather then just using it to add a couple of resists i went for one that enhanced stuff we didnt have space for before.
Name: Magma Infused Buckler (ML7 Flame)
Level: 51 Quality: 100
DPS: 102 Bonus: 35
Effect 1: 3 All Magic Skills
Effect 2: 25 Constitution
Effect 3: 9 % Power Pool
Effect 4: 2 Casting Speed
Effect 5: 17 AF
Utility: 61.67
Proc: a nice reactive Heal
i did a template here which can be modified ect (put in shades of mist ect)

You will have problems finding stuff you can use with Vamp that gives + spell Dam/range as that is only on artifacts and ML10 items.
You will only really find speed stuff, ring of torrent for example, acuity items dont work on vamp.
Also +10%range on Claw is neglectable really.
Oh also the Vamp TL tested the effect of +magic skills and said it only increased the variance slightly.
Hope this helps.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I rarely use claw except vs. easy to hit classes and casters so It rly isn't worth ze hassle.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Make a claw spammage temp - forget about all the + magic dmg - 101str/dex, 10% cast speed and 10% melee speed. That is what you need to cap. Also get AT in template, and spec 48 VE, 43p and use a matter leggy. Will make your claw pwn!

To get 10% cast speed i suggest that 5% cast speed gem wich also has 5% melee speed, bracer of heavenly bodies and torrent ring.

Should be pretty good vs most classes. If you meet heavy tanks tho you gotta power up on some mobs and spam claw when matter weap procs.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
" rarely use claw except vs. easy to hit classes and casters so It rly isn't worth ze hassle."

Just because YOU don't use it much doesn't make it not worth the hastle in general :p

When I was 48 ve I was commonly hitting for 250 - 320 with the matter claw (depending on target resists). I've had crits of 320 + 150 ish too, which is quite a lot of damage (was after a matter lw proc), so anything to increace that is a good thing. Versus lower defence targets (anything without a shield) you can often spam the claw after you've got evade and fumble up, and 10% cast speed bonus will be a 10% claw dps increace.

If I was to go back to 48 ve I'd make a template with 10% cast speed and tablet. I don't think casting range is worth it (too hard to fit in) and I'm not aware of any way to get spell damage% on a vamp.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
" rarely use claw except vs. easy to hit classes and casters so It rly isn't worth ze hassle."

Just because YOU don't use it much doesn't make it not worth the hastle in general :p

When I was 48 ve I was commonly hitting for 250 - 320 with the matter claw (depending on target resists). I've had crits of 320 + 150 ish too, which is quite a lot of damage (was after a matter lw proc), so anything to increace that is a good thing. Versus lower defence targets (anything without a shield) you can often spam the claw after you've got evade and fumble up, and 10% cast speed bonus will be a 10% claw dps increace.

If I was to go back to 48 ve I'd make a template with 10% cast speed and tablet. I don't think casting range is worth it (too hard to fit in) and I'm not aware of any way to get spell damage% on a vamp.

I am 48 ve - i rarely claw spam except vs. easy to hit targets.

If your fighting a tank, you dont claw spam, you keep your defences up/ws buff etc.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
If your fighting a tank, you dont claw spam, you keep your defences up/ws buff etc.

Of course, but how often do you fight heavy tanks?

Dual wielders, especially stealthers, are a much more common opponant (at least in my expirence), and you can usually spam claws there.

If you are finding lots of fights vs heavy tanks, please let me know where you find them :)

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:

Dual wielders, especially stealthers, are a much more common opponant (at least in my expirence), and you can usually spam claws there.

If you are finding lots of fights vs heavy tanks, please let me know where you find them :)
how did the spec in your sig work out for you? looks interesting :p

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
My thoughts on: 39p 40dem 33ve 11sm

The good:

*40 dem is nice, the mez (when people don't purge it) lets you gain control of a fight: mez -> wait -> FA -> rear chain (attack speed debuff).
*Evade -> Fumble -> Melee Resist buff -> Effectiveness debuff is nice vs most tanks (add in skill debuff if your opponant has a shield, rr5 helps a lot in that situation too). Can just spam diamondback & taunt.
*Vs casters druid resists + dem resists + ml1 + ml9 + effectiveness debuff is entertaining.
*Mezing BD commander pets is funny stuff, especially if they try to kite you and go a little too far ^^
*Mezing SM pets is can be good too.

The bad:

*11 sm is a bit low, the end tap is resisted a fair bit (strangly the 13sm one is rarely resisted) and the parry isn't that great.
*33 ve isn't high enough to get a worthwhile npc dismissal (powertap + yellow con mob + top sl + npc dismissal rocks), the 2nd stealth lore is no where near as good as the top one, the low level claws are lacklustre too.
*Dps is lower than say 48ve, so fights last longer, this is bad since casters can't stop themsleves from adding on fights :<

Overall:

* Tanks (+scouts) are easier with this spec than with 48ve.
* Casters 1v1 are much easier with dem, but vs duos & trios 48ve is better since it kills a lot faster.
* I find assasins a lot harder to fight with this spec than with 48ve - they front load a lot of damage due to the poisions before you have time to get any defences up. Admittedly if you purge the poisions and get all the dem toys up they're going to do laughable damage, but for each time it that happens they'll be 2-3 where it goes the other way. 48ve just out dps'es them pure and simple.

If I wanted to get to rr10 I'd go back to 48ve, however, I suspect I'm not going to play daoc much anymore and for the odd occasion when I do play dem is nice for the challenge.

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Mirt said:

I demand another fight vs u, some bastard ruined the last 1.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
My thoughts on: 39p 40dem 33ve 11sm
Overall:

* Tanks (+scouts) are easier with this spec than with 48ve.
* Casters 1v1 are much easier with dem, but vs duos & trios 48ve is better since it kills a lot faster.
* I find assasins a lot harder to fight with this spec than with 48ve - they front load a lot of damage due to the poisions before you have time to get any defences up. Admittedly if you purge the poisions and get all the dem toys up they're going to do laughable damage, but for each time it that happens they'll be 2-3 where it goes the other way. 48ve just out dps'es them pure and simple.

How did you feel your power gaining abilities were compared to to 48VE? I mean you have quite a lot lower WS with this new spec, how did you fare against shield wearers and stealther evades? Did the skill bonus debuff help to lower opponents WS/shield skill noticably?

If I just had a few respec stones I'd be ready to try even lower pierce spec (34) at a bit higher RR... I'm just afraid that I won't be gaining any power for all the tools I have with 50ish modified pierce spec...

Lorgeil

One of Freddy's beloved
well this is not realy how spec should i was mostly thinking if it was worth going with 10% Magic dmg and all that and som spell pircing if possible aswell.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Nix said:
How did you feel your power gaining abilities were compared to to 48VE? I mean you have quite a lot lower WS with this new spec, how did you fare against shield wearers and stealther evades? Did the skill bonus debuff help to lower opponents WS/shield skill noticably?

If I just had a few respec stones I'd be ready to try even lower pierce spec (34) at a bit higher RR... I'm just afraid that I won't be gaining any power for all the tools I have with 50ish modified pierce spec...

Even as 48 ve, i rarely use weaponskill buff - only for long drawn out fights.

Often, you really want evade + fumble up before ws.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"How did you feel your power gaining abilities were compared to to 48VE?"

Going from 43+18 pierce to 39+18 I lost about 5-10% average damage, and the damage variance grew somewhat. Not enough to cause power problems, especially since every hit is now styled (no more imperfect eye shots, due to feint getting blocked/parried/evaded/whatever).

Also note I'm using lower level spells which are less expensive, and the dem debuffs make people block and parry less (I have no idea how effectiveness debuff affects evade, if at all).

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
Going from 43+18 pierce to 39+18 I lost about 5-10% average damage, and the damage variance grew somewhat. Not enough to cause power problems, especially since every hit is now styled (no more imperfect eye shots, due to feint getting blocked/parried/evaded/whatever).

Also note I'm using lower level spells which are less expensive, and the dem debuffs make people block and parry less (I have no idea how effectiveness debuff affects evade, if at all).

Hmm, lower pierce spec sounds worth a try then! :)

Actually the problem with VF/ES chain is the low attack bonus on ES, so you'll mostly be spamming VF..miss..VF..miss and the occasional ES, which kinda evens up the damage to taunt damage level. Against soft targets ES rules ofc.

My plan for a pure floating interrupt bot spec is: 34PIE/45DEM/33VE/8SM. Definitely a RR5+ spec, and I really need some respec stones handy before I dare to try that one out ;)

PS. Sorry Lorgeil, I'm kinda sidetracking your thread :(

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Nix said:
Hmm, lower pierce spec sounds worth a try then! :)

Actually the problem with VF/ES chain is the low attack bonus on ES, so you'll mostly be spamming VF..miss..VF..miss and the occasional ES, which kinda evens up the damage to taunt damage level. Against soft targets ES rules ofc.

My plan for a pure floating interrupt bot spec is: 34PIE/45DEM/33VE/8SM. Definitely a RR5+ spec, and I really need some respec stones handy before I dare to try that one out ;)

PS. Sorry Lorgeil, I'm kinda sidetracking your thread :(

For tanks you want to spam vampiirs sting - was proven to have be better than vf/es combo. Anything else, like light tanks, casters and the such you should be able to hit - if not straft.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
For tanks you want to spam vampiirs sting - was proven to have be better than vf/es combo. Anything else, like light tanks, casters and the such you should be able to hit - if not straft.

Yeah that's what I do with my current spec... but still having hard time against high defense targets, and stealthers when I'm WS debuffed.

I was wondering how many PPs do I normally have at use when at 14% + powertap? Never counted it myself, the lazy bugger I am.

Was just wondering what kind of different openings I could use with my new spec...

Tanks: 32% evade (42PP) => fumble (14PP) => skill debuff (18PP) => 24% WS (22P) ... that's 96PP already, and I still need to cast end drain, melee resists and all the crap. But those first 4 spells are really essential so I get my defense readied & pump my offense so I can gain more power.

Casters are simple: 44% magic resist (55PP) => 39% effectiveness debuff (19PP) => finish the fight :)

One nice tactic for dem spec would be mezzing and powertapping again. I'm not sure exactly how the vamp mezz works though? Delve says duration 30 secs, recast 5 secs (pulse?) and maintained spell, does that mean it sticks for 30secs from the first tick even if I start casting spells? And if I just melee after casting the mezz, it pulses a 30sec mezz every 5secs? And how does the immunity timer work with pulsing mezzes?

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
To answer Lorgeil's first question: I would cap your weaponskill (skill & stats) and important resists (melee, cold, body) and keep hits, con and qui at a decent level (200/75/80) before trying to fit in any casting stats. You'll run out of power very fast if you can't hit anything and just keep spamming your superfast claw :p (Unless you're aiming to be a soft target killer)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"Tanks: 32% evade (42PP) => fumble (14PP) => skill debuff (18PP)"

I'd do: evade->fumble->resist buff->(optional) skill debuff->effectiveness debuff.

Maybe a mez later if you want to try and get FA off or tactically force them to purge to ensure the next fumble or diamond back isn't purged.

Nosufer

Fledgling Freddie
48 VE 43 Pierce 13 Sm is my vamps spec and its the best ive found, my damage output vs low RR stealthers is insane, i haven't played it since 1.83 has gone live in the states (hes on merlin) but previous to that it took about 6 seconds to drop a low RR inf/sb.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
I don't dare to try low pierce/high dem spec at my low RR, so I've ended up tuning the cookie cutter spec a bit. Will spec 43PI/34SM/33VE/14DE. HoT never wins battles, end drain stays at a decent level and high haste is rarely used tbh. On the other end I gain yellow WS buff and some small tricks in Dementia line. I expect the level 14 skill debuff will be mostly resisted though?

I've found the vamp most fun solo char, so decided to take this perfect solo spec. High VE doesn't suit solo that well imo, you'll miss heals, end drain and speed. At a bit higher RR it's viable when you can have IP2 among other tricks.

Whaddaya think?

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Mirt said:
I'd do: evade->fumble->resist buff->(optional) skill debuff->effectiveness debuff.

Does effectiveness debuff affect opponent defenses at all? Or does it just decrease the damage he is doing?

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"High VE doesn't suit solo that well imo"

I disagree, going 48 ve means you have the top stealthlore, which considering how brutal that spec is to stealthers, means a lot of easy rps when solo.

If you're worried about after fight healing consider getting FA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom