Valkyrie spec ?

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
well i'm one of those few who ain't enjoying life of FOTM life just for "pwning" ;)

so i've been looking at a specc for valkyrie Dwarf and this is what i've come up with , help me if you can ;)

odin's will: 48
parry: 15
shield: 42
sword: 39 ( wonder if valkyrie can use spears as 1-hand if that is possible i'm spear here instead )

any suggestions on this specc ? anyway , while am at it , anyone know a good site with any good templates for valks ?

thx in advance

/alex

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Teslacoil said:
well i'm one of those few who ain't enjoying life of FOTM life just for "pwning" ;)

so i've been looking at a specc for valkyrie Dwarf and this is what i've come up with , help me if you can ;)

sword: 39 ( wonder if valkyrie can use spears as 1-hand if that is possible i'm spear here instead )

any suggestions on this specc ? anyway , while am at it , anyone know a good site with any good templates for valks ?

thx in advance

/alex

i took a look at what i thougth would be a nice valk specc, cant rmbr excactly atm what / how i planned, but it was smth like this:

OW 43
Shield 42
spear 44
sword 15
parry leftovers

43 OW for the rez and decent level on the abilitys in that line
42 shield for slam ofc, 44 spear instead of 39 for more stable and higher dmg.
15 sword to mainly just have smth to hit with in shield mode as by the look they wont get any 1 handed spears.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Teslacoil said:
sword: 39
Weird....I got deju vu.....

Stormcalling 48
Parry 15
Sheild 42
Sword 39

Meanwhile in Mythics secret lair behind the comic book shop in Springfield..

CSM: "So you think they will notice the similarity?
DEV: "Nah, just hype up the Warlock some more, they wont notice..."
CSM: "Remind me, why didnt we make Thanes like this in the first place?"
DEV: "Your fired."

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
hmm now that you say that , it sounds right ;)

but hmm noticed something SoK can be activated as onehanded spear so , 44 spear sounds just perfect really ;)

/alex

pixieblue

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Weird....I got deju vu.....

Stormcalling 48
Parry 15
Sheild 42
Sword 39

Meanwhile in Mythics secret lair behind the comic book shop in Springfield..

CSM: "So you think they will notice the similarity?
DEV: "Nah, just hype up the Warlock some more, they wont notice..."
CSM: "Remind me, why didnt we make Thanes like this in the first place?"
DEV: "Your fired."

LOL :worthy:

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Chain tank with 2h behind stun style spear, slash or thrust. kinda neat.

depending on ML lines they get they could be useful.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Valkyrie Stormlord Warlord .

that sucks, givf it battlemaster and banelord!

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Mirari said:
what attribute will valks use for their spells? piety?

Piety obviously.

A Banelord Valk would indeed be very dreadful ;)

Well, Warlord isnt that useless is it? but i agree that stormlord sucks.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Teslacoil said:
hmm now that you say that , it sounds right ;)

but hmm noticed something SoK can be activated as onehanded spear so , 44 spear sounds just perfect really ;)

/alex
Spear of Kings can be activated as a one-handed weapon but only as a one-handed Swords weapon. The only Spears version of the artifact is two-handed just like every other Spears weapon in Midgard.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
huh ?

think i read about it and it said you can choose beetween 1-handed thrust or slash .... maybe missinterpretated it ;(

and i'm kinda certain that spear is the only thrust wep we have in mid ?

Bloodclot

Banned
Teslacoil said:
huh ?

think i read about it and it said you can choose beetween 1-handed thrust or slash .... maybe missinterpretated it ;(

savages :p
hth thrust or slash.
and bows of course :p

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
spears comes in 2 versions also, slashing spears and thrusting spears.

But no you cant have both spear and shield. you'll have to choose. Presonaly id go for High Spear and OW and rest parry, using 2h spear as weapon.

IainC

Teslacoil said:
huh ?

Nope I checked all the different types of SoK. There is only one Spears version and it's 2handed. I've been playing a Valk and would have been very interested in a 1h spear as the Valkyrie spear styles are really quite good.

For reference mine has almost the same spec as Svartmetall's suggestion - 50 Spear, 48 Odin's Will and 32 Parry.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I had planned to roll a valkyrie on purpose due to the fotm rollers going for the rather obvious warlock, but valk to me seems more interesting and a bit more of a challenge (sadly peeps still look for the easy way to make rp's - ahem why didn't you roll alb? :p ), and thanks for the spec, i'll take note of that :)

Jerelyn

One of Freddy's beloved
i tested this valk spec:
42 sword and shield
48 Odins Will

THAT works :)

-Jerelyn

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Nope I checked all the different types of SoK. There is only one Spears version and it's 2handed. I've been playing a Valk and would have been very interested in a 1h spear as the Valkyrie spear styles are really quite good.

For reference mine has almost the same spec as Svartmetall's suggestion - 50 Spear, 48 Odin's Will and 32 Parry.

since i have your attention here req , can you maybe put up some screenies on your 2 handed dmg output on another player with capped resist and neutral (armor) with the new styles so we ( I ) can get a view on how good valky is versus thanes ?

and maybe answer also on what dmg / hp table valk's are placed on ? is it like thanes , on the caster table ? ;)

/alex

IainC

Teslacoil said:
since i have your attention here req , can you maybe put up some screenies on your 2 handed dmg output on another player with capped resist and neutral (armor) with the new styles so we ( I ) can get a view on how good valky is versus thanes ?

and maybe answer also on what dmg / hp table valk's are placed on ? is it like thanes , on the caster table ? ;)

/alex
The new Valkyrie spear styles are fairly weak damage-wise, one is an anytime and the other chains off it however both are pbae styles with about a 150 radius (as far as I can tell). I'm not sure exactly what damage table Valkyries are on as that info is hardcoded into the game and I have no way to look at it directly, however the damage output with a spear is consistent with what I'd expect from a 2h Thane.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
The new Valkyrie spear styles are fairly weak damage-wise, one is an anytime and the other chains off it however both are pbae styles with about a 150 radius (as far as I can tell). I'm not sure exactly what damage table Valkyries are on as that info is hardcoded into the game and I have no way to look at it directly, however the damage output with a spear is consistent with what I'd expect from a 2h Thane.

so what we have is a thane , that can ress and use spear ? ohwell my main is thane and i enjoy it , but i really hope valk's HP table is better then thane's in any way ;)

but you mentioned pbae radius of 150 ? what type of dmg ? and what is dmg output on that ? is it more like another tool from thanes that is a mezzebreaker without any real dmg or massive dmg that can help out the supp sm's ? ( Important questions )

any help will be helpfull since you have more inside information then anyone else :)

anyway , the weapon table, you CAN get that information could you not ? since that would'nt break any GM laws would it ? helping out the community as a whole with information about a class they wil lplay ? =)

anyway thank's for any of above answers , and for the one's you given so far.

may i perhaps guess that you enjoy the valky so much and that's why you are trolling the mid boards now ? =)

/alex

IainC

Some very quick testing on a clothwearer with 10% slash resists.

Naked Norse Thane. RR12L0, 80 starting strength, no equipment except 100% 16.2dps great sword. Had 898 hits and a weaponskill of 793.

Hit using Polar Rift for 460-490 damage.

Naked Norse Valk (easy boys...) RR12L0, 80 starting strength, no equipment except the same 100% 16.2dps great sword. Had 1006 hits and a weaponskill of 729.

Hit using Polar Rift for 360-430 damage.

Valkyries have strength as a secondary stat though while Thanes get it as a primary so the Thane had 125 str while the Valk only had 103. Both had 50+11 Sword skill. From that it seems that Valks are on a similar table to Thanes as the difference seems to be attributable to the difference in strength.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
hmm nice , valks get more hp atleast but since valks have Dex as main stat they should be using spear instead , <thinking hard , see the smoke ?> , spear = str/dex ? think i read that somewhere <help me>.

ahwell will be interesting in to see how a shain wearer with 2 handed spear will do solo in rvr...just remembered parry is halved against dualwielders or was that shield ?

man i gotta get back to the bench and refresh my memory....CYA IN A YEAR!:)

well Req thx alot for all the info , shame that your'e the only one interested in mid , we all know xalin is an alb , and the other guy <name is slipping away> is an alb too , so thank god you'r still a SANE MAN! :)

/alex

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
Teslacoil said:
hmm nice , valks get more hp atleast but since valks have Dex as main stat they should be using spear instead , <thinking hard , see the smoke ?> , spear = str/dex ? think i read that somewhere <help me>.

ahwell will be interesting in to see how a shain wearer with 2 handed spear will do solo in rvr...just remembered parry is halved against dualwielders or was that shield ?

man i gotta get back to the bench and refresh my memory....CYA IN A YEAR!:)

well Req thx alot for all the info , shame that your'e the only one interested in mid , we all know xalin is an alb , and the other guy <name is slipping away> is an alb too , so thank god you'r still a SANE MAN! :)

/alex

I think valks get con as main stat and dex as tert stat. Parry isnt halved vs dualwielders, but shield is and 2H halves parry if im not mistaken.

Still i think Shield spec would be better for a valk, longer survivability and better when not soloing (there are too few soloers anyway). But thank god for respec stones in case im wrong :)

Kevral

Fledgling Freddie
Valkyries....

Mirari said:
what attribute will valks use for their spells? piety?

Shame as I was rather hoping it might be cup size :)

And whats' wrong with a female troll valkyrie......blatant racism by Mythic :)

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Kevral said:
Shame as I was rather hoping it might be cup size :)

And whats' wrong with a female troll valkyrie......blatant racism by Mythic :)

Agreed!!! :(

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Kathal said:
We got bows too :)

With the gimpiest range of all 3 realms...

It's true though, Midgard got absolutely screwed when it comes to Thrust damage. Warriors at least should be able to use 1H + 2H Spears, since they're supposed to be the weapons-master class of Midgard.

The more I've looked at Valkyrie spec, the more I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get Shield to 7 for Engage at least.

50 Spear
48 OW
31 Parry
8 Shield

...this uses every spec point. Get some MOFocus and I don't think the loss of the top CAE Acuity shear would be much of an issue at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom