Valkyrie, and Classic Server?

Geezey

Fledgling Freddie
Hello, again. Well I was looking around, and a Valkyrie seems a enjoyable character to play, but i hear they're kinda sucky? If so are they advisable to play on classic server?

I'm looking for a great defensive character, even better in a duo with another sheild tank. to be honest i'm looking for a more of a PvE character than a RvR, so i thought maybe a Valkyrie + Buffbott? I know warrior+warrior/Pally+pally etc is a great combo but Valkyrie has more abilities rather than just wack and block characters, well whats your opinions on a PvE character with buffbot for some serious farming, high mob ass wooping? thanks once again :)

P.S - Is there a good valkyrie playstyle & leveling guide around? Googled it but nothing special, maybe one of the experienced valks has one lying around?

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i would say that valkyries are played on classic server because of call of a thousand storms which makes high end pve encounters easier.

My valkyrie went spear odins leveling up, keeping spear at the same level you are. BUt be warned my valkyrie had massive downtime both power end and hp. If you can i would recomend grouping with someone the odins proc means that if you group with a h2h savage or a zerker or even a sb with duel weild will mean that they have a chance of procing off both weapons.

OR pet classes the proc works on them too.

I would say that valkyries are fun to play ive run into a few in rvr but not many so you have the choice of valkyrie OR thane both get call of a thousand storms.

But unique styles after 40 and stuff they do get changed in the next patch so you might want to pop over to the vn boards and read up on them. As for leveling guides erm try and keep your equipment at top quality as best you can because valks need every help they can :)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
In terms of utility, damage and general playability, I would choose a thane over a valkyrie any day.

If you play Mid Glast, then give someone a yell in The Rigante as we have an RvR active valk and thane that would happily sell their class to you :) Alternatively you can send them a tell on here - Sparda (valk) and Tears (thane).

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Naetha said:
In terms of utility, damage and general playability, I would choose a thane over a valkyrie any day.

If you play Mid Glast, then give someone a yell in The Rigante as we have an RvR active valk and thane that would happily sell their class to you :) Alternatively you can send them a tell on here - Sparda (valk) and Tears (thane).

Just incase people get the wrong idea, by 'sell' she means pointing out the good points, not accepting money for you to take over the character :p

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Ryuno said:
Just incase people get the wrong idea, by 'sell' she means pointing out the good points, not accepting money for you to take over the character :p

lol

Tbh thanes have had there love, and us valks are still waiting ours. We shall see in 1.83 who is the better.
Go read up the 1.83 patch or slap a post on US valk forums

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:

Tears brainwashes another victim...

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I'm levelling a Valk (45 atm) and it's ace! Specced Sword/Shield with low OW for levelling with final spec 47sword/42shield/43odins. I'm having a blast with it in the TDs.

I should probably confess that I levelled 1-13 on it, then PL'd to about 41 and then played from there :p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Ask Trollum(atos) what happened to him when he dueled my valk :p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
If you want a great defensive player you should choose a valkyrie. With 1.83 patch u can specc full shieldmaiden specc (50shield, 28parry 50OW)

Valkyrie have unique shieldstyles (1 that proccs an ablative for instance) and will get a 6s 70dmg magic abla pulse(good for dots etc). In 1.83 a shieldmaiden will be just as tough or near as tough as a paladin when it comes to defence(except plate ofc).

If you are gonna duo with a shieldtank go spear and u have your pbae styles while tank guards you.

valkyries will also get charge in 1.83

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom