Valk (again)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Did they add any DD procs to the SPEAR styles at any point or did they just add some to Sword in the most recent patch?

Or so Spear styles already have DD? Been a loong time since I played one.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Spears already have them:

Windmill: at 32.PBAOE 50damage. crush
Roundhouse: at 41. PBAOE 150damage crush after windmill.
Odin's madness: at 50. 150Damage spirit, after perforate.

Thats all.
Spear is nice for PvE, u can hit all mobs at once with the combo windmill/roundhouse it was best in rvr as well, Bt with the new patch, Sword Shield spec is just to good NOT to take. With polar rifts for 75delve dd and then ofcourse ragnorak with 150 delve dd.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Spear rocks for RvR, mass interrupt and mass damage, body guard is useless when you have a high rr spear valk beating on you.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Spear rocks for RvR, mass interrupt and mass damage, body guard is useless when you have a high rr spear valk beating on you.
You don't need high RR valk for that. The radius is the same no matter what realm rank you are.. lewl!

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:
ure banned, as in not playing, so i can't see how u know about the changed since last patch. A spear valk cant win vs a shield valk ina duel. a spear valk uses double the amount of end as well. It was nice, and still is...s/s just better

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Its still just as useless with bg as valks got alot of other interrupts! :p

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Bonehead said:
You don't need high RR valk for that. The radius is the same no matter what realm rank you are.. lewl!
Never said you need high rr to interupt obviously but the damage is way better at rr8 then say rr4.

vavires said:
ure banned, as in not playing, so i can't see how u know about the changed since last patch. A spear valk cant win vs a shield valk ina duel. a spear valk uses double the amount of end as well. It was nice, and still is...s/s just better
Like 2 classes from the same realms duelling matters? And I didn't mean soloing anyway even though you can still pull off 700-800 damage any timers using WM+RD . Isn't my brother still the highest RR on pryd and he hasn’t played in like 7 months?

GimmlyTheDorf said:
Never said you need high rr to interupt obviously but the damage is way better at rr8 then say rr4.

Like 2 classes from the same realms duelling matters? And I didn't mean soloing anyway even though you can still pull off 700-800 damage any timers using WM+RD . Isn't my brother still the highest RR on pryd and he hasn’t played in like 7 months?

Strangely enough, no, he's not :p Theres also a rr11 one on excal, but being Shivhae i don't know if that accounts for anything ^^

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Strangely enough, no, he's not :p Theres also a rr11 one on excal, but being Shivhae i don't know if that accounts for anything ^^
He's still the highest RR strangely enough Kettricken is only 6L7 if the XML actually works, yea Shivae made it to RR11 I think he was roughly around rr5/rr6 when we got "abused" :(

GimmlyTheDorf said:
He's still the highest RR strangely enough Kettricken is only 6L7 if the XML actually works, yea Shivae made it to RR11 I think he was roughly around rr5/rr6 when we got "abused" :(

Well i was close enough, thought your brother was only a newly turned RR6, but nvm, he used to be a good fight back in the day

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Well i was close enough, thought your brother was only a newly turned RR6, but nvm, he used to be a good fight back in the day
Was RR7 something, RR7L2 I think, But Galaham sent me an ss few days showing him 7L1 but it wasn't dated. Yeah it was a shame he was pretty good on a valk and in 8v8 we did from where I was sitting his valk certainly didn’t any of the loving they got now. And that wasn't even in the full finished ToA template

edit - I thought so xD - https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=180067&highlight=Sentimos

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:

1) u can pull that off if they hit, what not always is, if ya miss/get resisted ure soon without end, even in a group cause wm/rh sucks the end out of ya certainly with haste.

2) RR doesnt mean anything. I got my Valk since day 1 cata came and its 4l3 Doesnt matter anything. Every person will agree that Slam+rag's is da way to go. Cause with rags u can get of 500's with 1h. Descent speed sword and u get of 4-6hits with it.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
vavires said:
1) u can pull that off if they hit, what not always is, if ya miss/get resisted ure soon without end, even in a group cause wm/rh sucks the end out of ya certainly with haste.

2) RR doesnt mean anything. I got my Valk since day 1 cata came and its 4l3 Doesnt matter anything. Every person will agree that Slam+rag's is da way to go. Cause with rags u can get of 500's with 1h. Descent speed sword and u get of 4-6hits with it.
Sorry I don't agree with you have obviously never seen a highish RR spear valk with cele with a zerker and savage on the ma. Its pure destruction and now valks getting all the love with charge its hardcore if played right. Apart from having my bro in are gg playing valk I just use to chill and watch him play solo or grouped for a while it was pure pwnage. Dex/qui strip = less evade or blocking and less damage for pierces/thrusters and slower hitting speed. With a spear valk hitting you for 700-800 a anytimer swings you’re pretty much fucked with out even including mls and artis and RA Charges, say war guard + battler charge. I actually spoke to my brother the other day about the valk love and he said he would still have kept the same setup because it just worked too damn well.

And yea RR really doe's help apart from increasing weapon damage and skill, esp in solo fights.

islef

Loyal Freddie
personally i think both s/s and spear valks are nice, i would go s/s for soloing anytime tho. But i would like to try out a tank grp including 2 valks. 1 s/s 50 sword 42 shield 35 mend etc.. other spear with high OW for strips etc.. think that would work quite nicely.
High dmg output, stun on both (spear rear stun wich you will be able to land alot using snare cone), charge, nice interrupts and so on.
Ran a tank pug today with 2 valks, zerk and a skald.. worked very well tbh.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
islef said:
personally i think both s/s and spear valks are nice, i would go s/s for soloing anytime tho. But i would like to try out a tank grp including 2 valks. 1 s/s 50 sword 42 shield 35 mend etc.. other spear with high OW for strips etc.. think that would work quite nicely.
High dmg output, stun on both (spear rear stun wich you will be able to land alot using snare cone), charge, nice interrupts and so on.
Ran a tank pug today with 2 valks, zerk and a skald.. worked very well tbh.

It worked good with u in it haha must be something new:) Im just joking and being tired GN bud.

islef

Loyal Freddie
Yes the rest of the grp did really well after i broke the mezz's:drink:

auroria

Banned
I did a new record on dmg yesterday at my valk, 1236 with one hit, one a caster with af buffs fully buffed etc. slam 201dmg+that hit was like 2shot deluxe :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom