Valewalkers <And lookin for guild>

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Im thinking of moving to hib again , im absolutely bored of albion now. Done about every quest u can think of over the last 4 years, been every class here , and quite frankly i want a change and what with cluster coming soon <9 months prolly> Hib will be a little more populated :) . Wondering if any Guilds recruit atm , i played hib/pyd a bit now and again and obviously i know Daoc well so its not like id be a noob or anything. Wont ask for Cash or PL , just some advice on places to lvl at and crap while im here.

Anyway onto the Question : What are Vales like in RvR these days , I dont RvR that much on alb atm but when i have the only Vale i really see is Frozen , i know hes good :) , im aware vales prolly arent exactly grp setup material but kitted out they can hold thier own and solo well and i just love the look of the class. Also im going to go Celt because Vales are a Reactionary class in melee and i really see no point going firb or sylvan bcoz of the huge drop in quickness over a celt. Sure they do more Dmg in melee but then ure main dmg comes of the reactionary procs right. Any advice on Vales would be nice :)

Well hope to hear from peeps.

Avrot

Fledgling Freddie
EH has room for none p/l players, feel free to do /who Ebony Hand and pm someone in guild to ask if

Donledirse, Avrot, Petwick, Neff are online and ask for invite.

With regards to Vales Clathis in EH is currently playing one and Neffs other half is also a Vale user, im sure they can help with advise, if on. (Neffs a bit of a stat nerd too so will most likely have the answers or access to them for you) :worthy:

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Q: What are Vales like in RvR these days?

A: CC'd most of the time.

VW is a fun class, with some nice positionals, however there are many bad things about them you should be aware of:

- The positionals are stuns, due to ML6 banelord (Tendrils) you really don't want to use these ever on a banelord (Merc, Zerk, Reaver, Heritic, BD, Warlock).

- VWs don't have access to Malice or Battler, your enemies do - this is a big deal since when your ABS is debuffed you might as well be nakid.

- VWs don't have decent anytimes (Conflag is changed to follow the detaunt ?!? next patch which is a very strange change - sadly the end use will be massive)

- The LT hits for 300-400 before resists depending on relic status. Afaik it's not really possible to SC in more than token caster stats without gimping melee. You have no quickcast.

- VW GoV does not have style damage, VWs can only get the caster version of Scalars. The maximum ToA melee bonuses you can get are either 10 melee 2 style, or 6 melee 4 style. QQ!

- VW MLs are Battlemaster and Stormlord, neither of which suit the class particularly well (An assist train will make mincemeat of a VW that tries to BG, and stormlord is a joke).

- There are no more alacritous scythe or cloth drops (I think I have the only alacritous scythe on the server and it has poor stats).

- Most VW cloth drops have very inapproriate stats (far too focused on useless casting stats, severe lack of melee stats - catacombs did make this slightly better though).

- Unlike heritics VWs don't have access to croc ring or physical defence.

- VWs have a very low AF cap, so that 33% abs is more like reinforced armour level protection rather than plate.

- Ichor mostly sucks due to the 2s cast time, it has some utility for catching fleeing stealthers and mass breaking brittles.

- BB side chain proc is resisted a lot so you probbaly need to waste points in MoFocus 2

- No stoicism or charge (charge is really really powerful, that RA alone is enought to discount VW for any serious 8v8)

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe tnx for the compliment ;)

Think u'll be welcome here mate, there are quite some guilds that are friendly to starters and should give u a push in the right direction.

As for vwers..
As u said it, its quite hard to get grps when u start. Only groups valewalkers get who arent 'known' are guildgroups basically, most of them just solo. Due to a bad arti selection and not that good RA's ppl rather take a champ or a bm. I dont have any problems with being CCed though as bliz said.
Its a really fun class to play, but at the same time a hard class to play right.
Sadly i wouldnt advice u rolling one starting fresh on a server if u want to run in groups. Solo, vwers can stand their own. Especially with a few RR's under ur belt and a few good artis. Still the lack of stealth/speed/CC can make it frustrating to play but same goes for all other tanks.
As for race. Str is the most importand stat for vwers.. Reactionary procs dmg(including blizzardblade proc <3) is based on str, as is ur scythe dmg. Even though firb has most str, it doesnt really matter imo... every race has its advantages. I'm happy i took a celt for teh looks ;)

Good luck, if u need any advice (or anyone for that matter) u can always pm me ingame :)

cuddled0rf

Fledgling Freddie
VW's are undoubtedly the most fun class ive played in this game (i dont play alb tho), and have alot of pro's n con's due to their design, many was mentioned by mirt and frozen, but imo all classes have those and the vw doesnt have any fatal flaws from my point of view (altho im considered somewhat crazy).

The single most important advice for ppl who wants to take on the vw class is: Dont give up and dont be afraid to camp or go solo for those rps.

That just leaves GL and welcome aboard, and ofc your welcome to pm me on covenants if you need advice, coz we all know frozen is kinda noobish ;)

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
Well as a VW, and 100% active on him - as in I play no other characters anymore - I'll just say be prepared to solo a lot.

All the points raised are true, but it's also true we are very underestimated. I find if you get a good group of friends, you can get spots in groups with them, but don't be expecting a perfect set-up "gank" group too often.

Good luck mate.

Guinever

Fledgling Freddie
I have never played a valewalker in 50 rvr, but all I can say is I hope your a patient person, cause you will need to do alot of soloing, getting added on, steam rolled e.t.c
if I could change your mind than I would say roll a BM.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm wasnt really expecting that long list of downpoints lol. Also up to this point i hadnt checked VoS <Though its so out of date now why bother> for the ML paths. Stormlord ? i mean WTF !! . As for the armour , i had the same problem with my Tic when she was melee. All the stats seeming to be based towards Caster stats which was a bastard. Still interested in making one however though, i like a challenge. Thx for the advice , still deciding what to do atm as to changing realms , but i be sure to give some of u a call shuld i move

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom