V TV Series

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Couldn't see a post for this, but figured I would post something new and with a video...

YouTube - V - Upfront Trailer

Comes out 2010, a distance off but I think it could be a decent job on a remake (much like the BSG stuff)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Morena Baccarin \o/

Ahem.

Interesting. I loved the original V mini series but hated the actual TV series that came after.

I hope the spaceships are an early mock-up because they look rather dreadful on there. The shuttles seem fine.

I'll definately watch out for this.

EDIT: Also spotted Alan Tudyk lurking. Win :D

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
looks awesome....I didn't see Alan Tudyk though

dysfunction

FH is my second home
That looks quite good actually. I loved the mini series as well. Hopefully this will live up to it!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Oooooh loved V as a kid, will be watching this.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
loved it still got it on vid i hope they dont cock it up cos in my eyes its a sci fi classic love the ships and the hot chicks i wouldnt really care they reptiles if they keep their skin on lol

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
I think I've just soiled myself with happiness.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If there's no "hottie alien chick swallowing a rat" scene, i'll be very :(

Missed the flying shuttles though, but all in all, yei!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Not another cop show? What the hell are they thinking?!??

On a serious note this show terrified me as a kid but i also had to watch it every week i will be watching this for sure.

Lethul

FH is my second home
They are showing the original in Sweden now as preparations :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Trailer looks great, loved V when I was a kid as well.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Bit of a monster bump here, but found this:

THR.com video 1

First 8 minutes of the new show, it works in the UK... not sure in other areas.

Zede

Part of the furniture
awful motherships, looks like an recently shat inky turd.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
cant really remember the original, it was made before i was born but i remember sneaking peaks at it when my parents and brothers were watching it. really looking forward to this, hope they do a good job with it

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Looks a bit like a good version of Earth:Final Conflict. When I saw the thread I first thought they were making a 'v for vendetta' tv series, which I thought was an odd idea.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
First episode came out on the US last night...

Go check it out!

Difficult to say what I think of it so far, but I do want to see more :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
they should have used john connor as the kid tbfh :p

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I enjoyed it, but then again I usually enjoy anything like that.

Looking at imdb they are only listing 5 episodes, episode 4 airs in November and episode 5 airs in Feb. If this is indeed the case i fear they have probally killed the show from the start.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Morena Baccarin looks good playing Anna, but prepare to have a cry if you're expecting her to have long hair (like in Firefly or Stargate). She looks like a pixie. All she needs are the wings and she could do adverts for nvidia. :)

It's going to be difficult to watch it without making constant comparisons to the original series because I saw it when it first aired on TV in the 80's.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Looks nice, good budget, the ships are good enough(even if a bit bland), not too much hiding of things(as we all know the big plotlines of original) and it wasn't dragged at all.

I was expecting it to drag 3 episodes before the V even show up, pleasantly surprised.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
some people could go for a pixie you know :)

Actually if you put wings on her, i'd go more towards a certain type of fairie.

Maybe bondage.

Who knows :D

She does fit the bill perfectly...she better eat a rat though :(

Cyradix

FH is my second home
They sure stuffed a lot into the first episode. :D
Other shows would do this in 3-4 episodes

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
They sure stuffed a lot into the first episode. :D
Other shows would do this in 3-4 episodes

I think the idea was to hook as many people in the first episode as possible, like they should, so many TV series now I tell people "watch the first 5 before giving up" which is a shame.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
It's going to be difficult to watch it without making constant comparisons to the original series because I saw it when it first aired on TV in the 80's.

Ditto, it was a joy to be channel hopping one night trying to avoid the Olympics coverage and be surprised to come across some sci fi. I was a happy Roo.

I enjoyed it, but then again I usually enjoy anything like that.

Looking at imdb they are only listing 5 episodes, episode 4 airs in November and episode 5 airs in Feb. If this is indeed the case i fear they have probally killed the show from the start.

There were rumours of all production problems behind the scenes regarding the TV company. Hopefully it will pick up speed (and viewers) as it has the potential to be something a bit special if handled correctly.

It's certainly slightly darker than the original but then, post Battlestar Galactica, what isn't.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Managed to finish watching this on a break at work.

Very promising. Morena Baccarin is very good, projecting a pleasant calm with just the right amount of cool reserve which could hide just about anything. Hopefully she'll get some other facial expressions to use so we don't consign this to the actor's bin of blandness.

Alan Tudyk's part was a bit predictable but didn't really detract from the pilot overall. I approve of getting under the skin very early on to give the show momentum. I hope they have something new to bring to the whole 'who do you trust' thing that was done so well in Battlestar Galactica and that we don't just get a whole load of meaningless red herrings (such as in '24') which the writers then just throw out the window because they can't be bothered with genuine, difficult well plotted logic. I definately liked that the Vistors have been here for years and that this is the endgame for their big plans as it lends immediacy to the proceedings.

The cast seems pretty decent, I hope the writers deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom